Is it just me...??

missbugg21

... or does anyone else LOVE wash day?? :yep:

I don't know it if it's because I've finally found my staple products or because I've gotten my regimen down to a science. But, it's really enjoyable... :lol:

I'm currently transitioning (9 months post) and I've gone back to a relaxer twice over the past few years because I couldn't get my haircare "ish" in order.

I'm feeling good about my journey so far and I ALWAYS look forward to my weekly wash / DC / Style!!

Anyone else feel this way?

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Wow! Nine months into your transition and you STILL love wash day!?!?! I'm impressed. I loved wash day UNTIL about nine months in. In two weeks I'll go back to loving it again. CAN'T WAIT!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I love wash/cowash days! I also love to try new dcs on my hair but I don't like when I feel as if I'm over manipulating my hair bc its hot and I live in Texas so I am cowashing quite frequently now.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my SPH-L900 using LHCF

Amarilles

Meeee I love my wash day too! :lol: I'm also transitioning (14 months) and it's the only day when I get to see my natural pattern since every single day afterward it's in a braidout. I put a mirror in my bathtub just so I can see my hair and play with it and everything...haha :drunk:

But I do remember a time when it wasn't enjoyable and took way too long, back when I didn't understand the hair nor good technique.

geejay

I love the washing and conditioning part. I really like how it feels to finger comb my hair. Like I just love playing in the texture.

I hate the time it takes to style...like OMG...why! Whether I blowdry, rollerset, braid or twist it feels like it takes an excessive amount of time. And I really want to throw a tantrum over that part of it. LOL!

mshoneyfly

Ooo!! Me me!! I love wash day because everything Im doing is all for ME and ME only!! I love taking the time to pamper myself. Im getting toward the end of my stretch and still developing my HG list but I love every minute of it because Im taking care of ME!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
OMGEEEE! I Do! :love: I love writing out Regimens and looking forward to my Wash Days.

Tuesdays & Fridays or Wednesdays & Saturdays are my Days and I literally count down the days.

missbugg21

Wow! Nine months into your transition and you STILL love wash day!?!?! I'm impressed.

Haha! I do!! I actually just recently starting loving it. I think it's because I finally figured out what to use and how to do actually do my hair. I have very thick/coarse hair and my roots were always shrunken and unruly. But now that I've found the best moisturizing products and learned how to stretch my roots without heat, I'm in LOVE with my transitioning journey! :grin:

missbugg21

I used to not like it because i was doing too much steps and it took too long, but now that i only do a few steps i love it.

I think that was my problem, too! I've simplified it and I can pre-poo, co-wash, DC, moisturize/seal, and band my hair in about an hour and a half. Then once my hair is air dried and my roots are stretched, I can set my hair (braidout or bantu knot out) in less than 30 minutes.

2 hours (excluding air drying time) ain't bad!!

missbugg21

I also love to try new dcs on my hair

OMG! That feeling you get when you buy a new conditioner and you can't wait for wash day!?! Nothing else like it! :lol:

it's the only day when I get to see my natural pattern since every single day afterward it's in a braidout. I put a mirror in my bathtub just so I can see my hair and play with it and everything...haha :drunk:

But I do remember a time when it wasn't enjoyable and took way too long, back when I didn't understand the hair nor good technique.

This is me...exactly! I love my new curly-whirlys (as my daughter calls them). It's become so much more enjoyable now that I finally GET my hair and what it needs!

I love wash days :love:
I am a little OCD so before the wash, I get all the products together that I will use. :lol: I like to coordinate them based on fragrance :look: DON'T JUDGE ME!!! :lachen:

:lol: No judgement here... hilarious!! :lachen:

The only part I hate is styling after

This used to bum me out too... I've actually had crying fits over it before. But it's getting so much better now... I'm wearing braid outs for the summer and I found the right products and size/placement of the braids.

I hate the time it takes to style...like OMG...why! Whether I blowdry, rollerset, braid or twist it feels like it takes an excessive amount of time. And I really want to throw a tantrum over that part of it. LOL!

Exactly... been there too! :nono:

OMGEEEE! I Do! :love: I love writing out Regimens and looking forward to my Wash Days.

OMG I have my regimen written out too!! :lol: Hubby thinks I'm crazy. I switch things up as I try out different things. I've finally gotten my staples, so it's simplified (for me) and flowing smoothly! :yep:

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I loathe wash day...which is why I went from weekly washing to WIFLI... (When I Feel Like It)...

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I use to feel this way. Now it's like a dreaded chore. lol It's so bad that I've been delaying my washes for weeks at a time. Today I was going to wash but that didn't happen. My laziness set in. So you can say it's been almost 4 weeks without a wash. o_O

ezina

The only fun thing about wash day for me is putting conditioner into my hair and seeing my curls pop. Otherwise, wash day is an annoying chore (though washing my hair has gotten easier and faster lately).

QuietJamboree

Yes, I love washing my hair :yep:. It always relaxes me. I have an oily scalp so washing my hair makes me feel 'extra' clean and I love the smell of my scented hair products. I prefer to wash my hair every 3 days.

greenandchic

I love wash day which is 2x week for me. My sweaty work outs and PJism (love using products) has me looking forward to it.

Ogoma

I hate the anticipation of washing, but enjoy the actual washing itself. I don't mind co-washing as that takes me only a few minutes.

footsie

I hate wash day. Maybe its because I'm a fire sign. It takes for ever. And then I have to twist it. Ugh . . . But I love clean hair so, it just concede and wash it weekly.

Aireen

Lol these responses are humorous. :lol:

I looooove wash day, especially since my regimen is solid with very low maintenance techniques and I've tamed my seborrheic dermatitis. :whip: I know exactly when I need to wash; my ends are dry, roots kind of oily and there's less body and movement to my hair -- I love that feeling of just knowing that it's time to clean and pamper my hair. Trying new products is a trill! Most products work on my hair and based on ingredients, I can tell when a product is worth its claims or not. If only waiting for growth was this joyful. This is why I want more hair, to have fun on wash day. :lachen:

Btw, how on earth do you ladies know your elemental signs? I wanna know mine too! *Crosses fingers for air or water*