Is there any "safe" way to flat-iron?

livesoundtech

Although I try hard not to use direct heat, sometimes I just really want to have straight, manageable hair for a few days. What are some good ways to protect my hair when flat-ironing?

My hair is pretty thin, so one time over each section is enough to straighten it. I'm just concerned that I'll cause more damage than I already have.

lilsparkle825

use a heat protectant...sabino moisture block works really well for me.

clarify and deep condition really well before you do it.

my hair is actually straight right now so i get the feeling.

Qualitee

Try a good leave-in like nexxus and a really good heat protectant like chi silk or gaurd or fhi hot sauce. Find some with alot of cones in it. I dont see why everyone is so scared of heat:ohwell: HTH

Saida

I think chi silk infusion is good, but there are many good heat protectants, just gotta find one that works for you :)

clever

Try using a good moisturizing DC with heat before you use any heat and use a good heat protectant.I personally like sprays.

luckiestdestiny

use a heat protectant...sabino moisture block works really well for me.

clarify and deep condition really well before you do it.

my hair is actually straight right now so i get the feeling.
I second the sabino moisture block. You can search threads as they are offering free samples and it works on all hair types. You can even go to their website, email them to request it.

cookie1

How do I know a good protectant from a bad one? What am I looking for? I've never used one and I bought the one by Tressemme so, I just wanted to know how to tell if it works.

nomoweavesfome

How do I know a good protectant from a bad one? What am I looking for? I've never used one and I bought the one by Tressemme so, I just wanted to know how to tell if it works.

i use that as well before i blow dry and i use john freda serum before flat ironing

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I agree with everything that the other ladies have said, its all good advice. I like Chi Silk and Iron guard. But a friend loves the Chi Silk and Tressemme spray, thats what I use on her hair.