Is there anyone here who doesn't want long hair?

I don't know if i'm alone in thinking this but i was thinking.People are always complimenting on how beautiful my face is and thats it's really not neccessary for me to have long hair.:rolleyes: When my hair is short i get so many compliments but when it gets longer it's just always tied in a pony. So why bother with long hair?

I don't know, just made me question do i really want BSL length hair. I was just wondering if any other ladies on the board feel this way too and are here more so for the health of their hair not the length.

I'm thinking to cut off the relaxer and put in a texteriser just to see what that would look like.:drunk: Mind you it is the longest it has been since i joined the board.:yep:

So what are your reasons for wanting long hair?
And what are your reasons for not?

FineChyna

some people look much better with short hair and there is nothing wrong with that. i think most people here want long hair because it is something they never had or something they were told we could never have

for me the longest i would want my hair is bra strap (stretched) any longer than that would be a pain to take care of and probably too much hair for my face shape.

i wish i could wear short hair but my head and face are too big...lol

lovegan

ditto with above comment. Healthy hair-long or short- can be beautiful.

personally, before i even dream of getting my hair "classic length" again like it was when I was a kid, I want to keep and take care of the hair I got!

I realize that focusing on growth is missing the point: If I can't take care of the hair I have, what's the point in having super long, damaged, dully, or broken hair?

Last edited:

Tenacious

My sister HATES long hair. She has a ear-length relaxed style and her head is rather small. She has a beautiful face though, so I guess it would take away from her natural beauty. I guess if you have a pretty face, long hair isnt' necessary.

Colliecole

You're not alone OP. I like my short hair right now. And honestly, I don't think I will "look" better with long hair. But I would like to find that out for myself. Growing long hair is a pride thing for me. It's something I want that I've never had before. Who knows, I might get there and realize I like the shorter hair better.

I also think some people connect "long" hair and "healthy" hair, which makes it more desireable.

DMJ's Mom

I've been thinking the same thing. When i relaxed my hair was always past my shoulders almost APL. Now that i'm natural thinking i might like super short for a change. but my head is kind of big lol so i might keep it at SL

ladylibra

kind of subjective i suppose... some members on here feel that APL/BSL is long, and that's the longest they want their hair to be. me on the other hand... going for the closest i can get to Rapunzel! :lachen:

i think i looked very cute when i BC'd, and my SO agrees. sure i don't need all this hair to look beautiful... just like i don't need make-up. look thru my Fotki, there are only 2 or 3 pics where i'm wearing make-up. it's an accessory, a beauty enhancer. but think about it... if you're ugly and have long thick healthy hair, sure your hair is gorgeous but you still look the same. :look: (i know that sounds mean but just giving an example)

SparklingFlame

I'm with you OP. I thought I wanted long hair but now that its APL I am not so sure. I cant seem to find any styles I can wear other than buns and a low puff. Of course twists and braids are a given but when they are done it goes into a bun or ponytail. :ohwell: I miss the afro days and the cute little wash n go's.

poookie

nope! well, sort of. i don't see myself with anything longer than APL. but i won't complain if i get anywhere past that, hehe...

bluediamond0829

Define long hair because to me long hair would be collar bone length.

I get compliments for short hair on me /bob length and long hair--from weaves(so i have that face that can wear the different styles really easy).

I always said that when i do get long hair that im doing layers in it because at least that could give it somekind of style to it. But long hair to me again is collar bone length. I really dont hair longer than that. And am very content with bob length to collar length.

OT: Naturallady your baby is too cute(Give me some suga LOL)

Lady Libra you do look cute with short hair..now you got me wondering about doing the BC.

Traycee

I have always had APL to BSL hair and can't imagine myself with shorter hair.......
Now I do have a couple of really short wigs and they look really good on me:yep: ...But the longer I can grow my hair the happier I'll be!!!:yep:
Preference I guess......

Well i define long hair as long as you feel is long, cos everyone defines it differently. For me APL/BSL is long heck even shoulder length seems long.

Lady libra your beautiful with short hair in ur pics.

Naturallady i love your puff!! I have to agree though when my hair gets longer i feel limited in what to do with it, just cos of lack of time. And it takes forever to set!!

brittanynic16

I just want a really smokin' hair cut. I haven't decided what length. For me, I think anything pass BSL would be a little too much. I'll go for the length and see how I feel in the mean time.

Twisties

Neck/Collarbone/Shoulder length would be ok. Detangling a lot of natural hair is a challenge at times. :)

Naturallady, the puff is off the chain girl-so cute! Ladylibra luv your coils too.

Spongie Bloom

i had a twa for 4 yrs in high school by choice i was a bit of a tom boy so i had no desire to look after my hair so short hair with a cute bow did me fine lol and i still look the same as i did now and well lets just say i didnt have any problems getting any high school boy i wanted cus i didnt have hair down to my butt now that ive gone (a lil) girly im growing out my hair n bra strap length as a goal will do me caus ei want my hair to be the longest it has ever been but i wont look any "better" or worse than i usually am

SparklingFlame

Thanks Bluediamond, Queen, and Twisties! I wish I could wear my puff like that but its so BIG!!! It really looks weird in person.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
Since I've had short hair all my life, I know that I look cute with it, but I've also wanted long hair all my life so it's a personal challange for me. I like changing my look, so to know that I can grow my hair to great lengths will make me happy. I'll be happy with APL, but if I can get to BSL or WL, that'll be an accomplishment - it's a pride thing :grin:

glamazon386

Well everything is not for everybody. Some people look better with short hair just like some people look better with long hair. I don't want hair longer than APL. I think it would be too much hair to deal with. :nono: With the way my face is shaped I can wear any style though. I get the most compliments when my hair is away from my face (either super long and super straight, in a bun or short in a fierce cut). The rest are just okay.

Last edited:
I understand what your saying. I feel torn because I have NEVER had hair past shoulder length. It's big fun playing in and caring for my hair BUT I miss my pixie cut hair length.