IS THERE SOMEONE HERE WHO MADE IT FROM SL TO BSL WITHOUT TRIMMING ?(pics inside)

neyhla

Hello,
A year ago I was a little past SL, thanks to you (LHCF members) and your advices, I finally reach APL in September without trimming. 2 weeks ago i went to my stylist for a relaxer(after 6months of streching) and she was horrified to see my ends (but I guess she was rather jealous to see how long my hair was) and she said i need a 3 inches cut because my hair is too dry and damaged...but actually I don't hink that my hair is that damaged..I mean i know that i got some split ends but what ? I reached APL and never EVER trimmed !
I don't want to trim my hair cause i like my length...what do you think , do you think that we can't grow without trimming several times per year ?

here is my hair 10 months ago

here is my hair now

msa

Your ends look fine to me. If you feel your ends are fine, then don't get a trim. You can just cut the split/damaged ends yourself. Hair dressers like to cut hair, especially long hair. Do not let her cut your hair AT ALL. I wouldn't trust her to follow your directions and she'll end up cutting 4 or 5in because she says your ends are "damaged". And if your ends are dry, DC and put some moisturizer on them.

Great progress. Your hair looks great!

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
It looks good..Keep doing what you doing..I think you should reach your goal first and then trim it yourself to your liking

supermodelsonya

Just WOW at your progress.

Personally, I know my ends are going to look JACKED when I get to your length, but I'm only going to trim when I hit BSL. I will baby the HELL out of them until I get to that point.

Kacie

If you feel that she has some kind of jealousy towards you, I don't think you should let her give you a 3 inch chop to send you back to SL. Do a search and destroy yourself.

ETA: Babygurl went from SL to WSL with no trimming.

Luscious Locks

honey, please don't let that stylist cut your hair. i went from shoulder length to bsl back in the day without a trim. in fact i've only had about 8 trims in my life, and i'm 22. trimming is only a recent thing for me. your hair can and will grow long and healthy if you use protective styling. if you're not totally into the appearance of your hair then you can live with uneven ends--but your ends actually look fine. i'm SURE that she is jealous. a lot of stylists are jealous because as much as they know about hair they spend so much time doing other people's hair that they can't really do their own.

Junebug D

They don't look that bad to me. :look: I agree that you should do it yourself, when you feel you need to.

eajaye2u

Your ends look fine to me. If you feel your ends are fine, then don't get a trim. You can just cut the split/damaged ends yourself. Hair dressers like to cut hair, especially long hair. Do not let her cut your hair AT ALL. I wouldn't trust her to follow your directions and she'll end up cutting 4 or 5in because she says your ends are "damaged". And if your ends are dry, DC and put some moisturizer on them.

Great progress. Your hair looks great!

Co-signing Looks great

Kurlee

lawd, all of that in ten months?! Gorgeous girl and stay away from that hating stylist, your ends are fine! Reggie please!

Girl they look good, that's why I stopped going to my stylist....she likes to cut my hair, and I'm on a no trim regimen until I either reach bsl or after a year.....my friend trims her hair once a year or less and her hair looks beautiful....I secretly took a picture of her hair....i'm so jealous....but I don't trim no more......cuz I dc and moisturize and seal.....but your ends look good........

ajacks

That is a lot of progress for 10 months! Congrats!!!
I don't know if she is jealous or just scissor happy, but from the pictures it definitely does not look like you need a 3-inch trim. If you decide to trim i agree with the others that you should do it yourself.

beans4reezy

OMG!! DONT LISTEN TO HER!!!! Not only does your hair have length...the ends looks FINE. "Damaged" is NOT A WORD THAT COME TO MIND!!! Look, I bet you $10 that your stylists hair DOES NOT LOOK AS NICE AS YOURS!!

GREAT JOB GIRL!!!

ShiShiPooPoo

Girl they look good, that's why I stopped going to my stylist....she likes to cut my hair, and I'm on a no trim regimen until I either reach bsl or after a year.....my friend trims her hair once a year or less and her hair looks beautiful....I secretly took a picture of her hair....i'm so jealous....but I don't trim no more......cuz I dc and moisturize and seal.....but your ends look good........

Too funny!:lachen:

LuvLiLocks

Your hair looks good, and congrts on the progress. I'd say you can baby your ends and use protective measures until you feel comfortable with triming a half inch here and there if you must, but don't let anyone dictate to you how much you need to trim, 3 inches seems a bit much anyway and you ends don't look bad at all!

Cichelle

Yeah, don't listen to your stylist. You decide when your hair needs a trim. Some stylist just love the scissors, for whatever reason.

I went from above shoulder length to tailbone when stretched without a trim. I'm not saying it works for everyone. Just that it is not always necessary to trim your hair as much as a stylist might tell you.

SmartyPants

I think it's less about jealousy and more about the stylist being ticked off that you did a 6 month stretch = less money in her pocket. If she can convince you that stretching is bad for your ends, then you'll come back for relaxers more often.

1Aleeesha

Your hair looks fabulous! I wish I was able to keep my hands from the scissors for that long :lachen:.

Keep up the good work :grin:, it's beautiful.

guyanesesista

Your hair looks fine. Don't ever let her near you w/ scissors. Matter of fact everytime you go back and she days you needs a trim watch her so she don't pick up scissors behind your back. Keep up with your reggie and search and destroy yourself.

MagnoliaBelle

I hope that you keep up the pace with your growth! Your hair looks wonderful. I wouldn't allow her to cut. Listening to a stylist, I went from SL up to NL. Don't do it. Trim yourself after you reach your goal.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Your hair looks GREAT!!! Don't let that woman anywhere near your hair with a pair of scissors. :nono: