Is this a forum for white people and other end of week random hair experiences

seraphinelle

I have some random thoughts about hair.

I had an avatar of shadow of a female with long hair against the bajan flag. My friend messaged me and said, 'We all know that's a weave, ain't no bajan got long hair like that'

I wanted to show a couple of friends what my hair looked like in the roller sets, so I was just going to hot link the picture that was in this forum. They tried accessing it, and then the guy said 'Oh, it went to some longhaircareforum, is that for white people or something?'

On a positive note, I am running out of compliments to give on people's fotkis. There are far too many people that have gorgeous hair on the board. LOL
Keep up the good work ladies.

What are your random hair thoughts!!

gymfreak336

seraphinelle said:
I have some random thoughts about hair.

I had an avatar of shadow of a female with long hair against the bajan flag. My friend messaged me and said, 'We all know that's a weave, ain't no bajan got long hair like that'

I wanted to show a couple of friends what my hair looked like in the roller sets, so I was just going to hot link the picture that was in this forum. They tried accessing it, and then the guy said 'Oh, it went to some longhaircareforum, is that for white people or something?'

On a positive note, I am running out of compliments to give on people's fotkis. There are far too many people that have gorgeous hair on the board. LOL
Keep up the good work ladies.

What are your random hair thoughts!!

A friend of mine has said something to that effect too. She asked me why would I be on this forum since I don't have long hair. Needless to say that my hair is longer than hers is now.

Other random thoughts,

I am starting to think that maybe my hair line really isn't thin. Maybe I am just confusing where it is supposed to be(if that makes any sense).

Bosslady1

One told me Nexxus is not for "our" hair type. Another basically laughed at me when I said I CWC. (conditon, wash, deep condition)

I told them keep it coming 'cause that is what motivates me!:)

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
This week's hair experience for me was a black American woman with BSL hair in good condition that came into my office a couple of times! I haven't had the courage to give her a compliment yet... Poor woman, move to Sweden at this time of the year. It's so cold here and she wears her hair down all the time. She is from Southern California.
Her hair is relaxed, black and shiny! :) Very pretty!

prettypuff1

Well mine wasmore of a pitiful experience. A friend of mine told me that if i didnt relax my hiar every 4 weeks, then i would experience breakage:eek: :eek: :eek: .... I almost fell over and died when she said that....

seraphinelle

Every 4 weeks? DAMN

I was told something similar the other day. That because my hair was underprocessed I'm going to experience more breakage. I almost believed it, then realized that processed to whatever degree, I had to take care of it.

prettypuff1

yeah every four weeks. My jaw hit the floor.
I am trying to deciede if i wam going to strectch for 20 weeks or if i am gonna do it for 16.... i usually relax at 12 weeks

Jay

prettypuff1 said:
Well mine wasmore of a pitiful experience. A friend of mine told me that if i didnt relax my hiar every 4 weeks, then i would experience breakage:eek: :eek: :eek: .... I almost fell over and died when she said that....

Wow this must the hot topic of the week. My roommate told me the exact same thing the other day. I've been stretching my relaxers to 6 months apart and she was like "ya hair is gonna break off if u dont perm it once a month". I'm like u can do that but im NEVER gonna do that. She's the same person who told me that I should put the perm on alllll of my hair, from root to tip. I try to give her advice and healthy hair tips, but some people just dont wanna listen!

ladylibra

*people are still asking me if this is my "real" hair after 5 weeks of being in school. especially since i got it straightened last week for my cut and i'm now wearing a phony-pony wrapped into a bun over my baggie.

*my sister, despite what i told her from you ladies, got the fusion hair extensions done. she just showed me her hair a few minutes ago. it does look nice, but i really hope it doesn't screw up her hair. all she keeps saying is how much "prettier" she looks... :perplexed

*there is a girl in my psych class that has long relaxed hair, which she usually wears in a messy bun like she just washed it and threw it up real quick. (which i used to do too.) yesterday she had it pressed and i noticed it was just under brastrap length at the longest point, but her ends were horrible. i also felt she had too much grease on it or something because it literally looked sticky like the strands were all stuck together. i have the 2nd highest grade in the class, right behind her (in a class of 50 people) and we talk about psych-related stuff all the time. i do hair on the side to make pocket change (i am not licensed), and i wanted to ask her if i could do her hair because i could help make it healthier and better-looking. but how do i say that without sounding like i'm insulting her? :confused: i didn't know either, so i just didn't say anything.

*i sucessfully cut my son's hair all by myself for the first time. i now know how to use clippers! :grin:

prettypuff1

I hope your sisters hair makes it out ok. I wanted that but i wondered how i was to keep the breakage out of the way. Why didnt she get the micro linking, that seems like it may be a little better....

prettypuff1

Jay said:
Wow this must the hot topic of the week. My roommate told me the exact same thing the other day. I've been stretching my relaxers to 6 months apart and she was like "ya hair is gonna break off if u dont perm it once a month". I'm like u can do that but im NEVER gonna do that. She's the same person who told me that I should put the perm on alllll of my hair, from root to tip. :eek: :eek: :eek: I try to give her advice and healthy hair tips, but some people just dont wanna listen!
oh no, the breakage, the ends, the dryness, overprocessing. DEAR LORD MY HAIR IS BREAKING JUST THINKING ABOUT THAT.
Do you ever look at someones hair that is really bad and just want to give them a lot of unsolicited advice?
I saw a woman who was missing about 3 inches of hairline and i wanted to just take her in the bathroom and give her a wash and set.

sugarose

I might have seen another LHCF'er last night. I was in Wal-Mart relieving them of all their NTM hair mask and leave-in 'cause they were on sale, and I had my hair down. I looked up and there was a lady with BSL hair looking at me, then at all the NTM :lol: with this *knowing* smile on her face, so she might be on a hair board or 2. I was too scared to ask though...

V

vivadiva85

my random thought:

I'm 12 weeks post, dont know what to do, and can't do nothing cause I'm broke....

THANK THE LORD FOR BUNS

FunkyDiva

I'm bored with buns and I'm thinking about dropping out of the bootcamp. I don't have the patience to keep trying to get rollersetting right and when I do try its a lots of manipulation.

I want to go out and spend my last dimes on some Aveda DR so bad.

Phyto made my hair hella silky and I don't know how I feel about it.

I was just in Sally's for 45 minutes and I only spent $3, my friend was so mad at me, but I was driving so who cares

cheetarah1980

My twists have shrunk to within an inch of their life, they look like locs, and I'm too lazy to take them down before they start to mesh. On the bright side, they're very moisturized. I think I'm a bit too into leaving my hair alone.

alexei

I keep feeling my roots to see if I have any more growth since... 3 hours ago. :lachen:

I am taking a gazillion vitamins for growth so som' betta sprout :look: :grin:

LocksOfLuV

prissygirl114 said:
I'm bored with buns and I'm thinking about dropping out of the bootcamp. I don't have the patience to keep trying to get rollersetting right and when I do try its a lots of manipulation.

I want to go out and spend my last dimes on some Aveda DR so bad.

Phyto made my hair hella silky and I don't know how I feel about it.

I was just in Sally's for 45 minutes and I only spent $3, my friend was so mad at me, but I was driving so who cares

I'm sorry but this was so funny.:lol:

I would have charged her gas money, so I could have something in my pocket and asked her "Now who's the fool?":lol: :look:

My RT:

My professor with the Butt length hair (AND YES SHE IS BLACK!!!!:D ). I worked up the balls to ask her how she get her hair so long. I cna't even pay attention in class when she wears her hair down. She normally wears it in a bun.

She is natural, but she has had relaxers and her secret is " I stopped cutting it."

She also went on and on about how it was heredity and blah blah ( I phased out at this point), but it felt good to hear someone reinertate the no trimming thing.

Victorian

old head
Random hair thought:

Homegirl always comes to class dressed to the teeth. With a raggedy midback length weave (or wig or whatever the heck that thing is) clinging to her head on a wing and a prayer.
I try not to look but...it just looks like it's about to fall out/off. And it's greasy and needs to be combed.
It's a good thing I always sit up front otherwise I'd be distracted during class by the crazy weave.

natstar

A part of me wants to relax/cut or color just for a change. But i'm too scared and comfortable in the familiar. :perplexed I need a change though.

dlewis

I wonder why Jermaine Jackson's wife (who looks to be Indian) won't help him with his hair and her hair is so healthy and beautiful.

GlamourGirl

*I am waiting impatiently for my Boundless and I just made the order yesterday:ohwell:.

*I just feel the need to purchase something else for my hair...like another vitamin or something just because.

*Do I really want black hair or hilights:confused:?

*Oh and every little black girl I see with unhealthy hair I just want to help so bad...I want to take them to my house and deep condition:perplexed.

PinkPeony

I decided that I wanted to *enjoy* my hair more and only wear it in protective styles 80% of the time.I wore it down for 2 days and in a ponytail for another 2 and I almost died of anxiety,I just had to put it back up and I probably will need a few weeks before I feel the itch to let it down again.
Will this ever change?

miss Congeniality

Random Thought:

Did she really just try to flip her weave? Yes and she is did it again. Okay, she came to sit next to me. Her weave is a long sandy blond and it goes past BSL. When she turns around to answer a question, I see it. There is at least 3 inches of new growth. I think she tried to blend with gel, but it didn't work. It looks really bad. Now that I think of it, I have never seen her without a weave.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Random thought

I want to relax again, REALLY bad. I even thought of a schedule to do it on if I I do. But I don't know.

There was a guy at the movie theater last night with a matted, dirty afro. The LHCFer in me wanted to go across the street to CVS to get him a bottle of conditioner. But I don't like spending money (or conditioner) on other people, so I stayed in my seats.

FunkyDiva

I went out last night and I wore my up in a sloppy bun and it looked sooo cute. So maybe I'll alternate between high buns and low buns and of course phoney ponies, so I won't be bored anymore and stay in the bootcamp challenge

Carla From VA

My mother and god mother told me I need to buy Carols Daughter products for my two year old so that her hair can grow. The baby's hair is just 3 fingers away from waist length. I told them, her hair is growing, and grease applied to the scalp is not going to make her grow quicker. The growth comes from within, and everyone's hair grows its just what we do to it to maintain the length. The conversation quickly ended after that. Both of them have very short hair.

Just in general, I never take hair advice from people with broken off, see through hair, but they are always the first people to offer their advice up freely. Most of the times unasked. The people I encounter with gorgeous hair aren't saying a word to me. If one more person tells me I need some pink oil or some TCB on my head, I will likely scream.