Is your SO addicted to LHCF?

PinkPeony

He's not necessarily addicted, but all of a sudden he thinks he knows something about how to grow hair. Frankly, it's getting on my nerves. It was okay when he just swooned over my hair and agreed to all of my PJ whims, but it's getting out of hand now. Just the other day he decided he would tell some people all about the hair forum and how I spend hours on there and how that's how I went from having almost no hair to all this long hair that has his hormones in high gear. Then he starts telling them all you gotta do is wash your hair like this....and then put in the conditioner and blah, blah, blah. I'm telling y'all, if this man doesn't stop putting all my business in the street I'mma knock his block off.:hammer:

Are you reading this sweetie???:love2:
Does he have a twin:perplexed

Healthb4Length

oh my gawd:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
you just gave me the laugh of the day,i can't believe your SO.
not impressed w/the reconstructor:nono::grin:,i'm amazed that he knows what it is lol
and how can he give your nr. to strangers?:lachen:

He a trip:lachen:! He gives my number to his coworkers! I have all these people calling me asking for advice:lachen:

tocktick

Okay, okay... so he isn't REALLY addicted, but he picks up on so much more than I thought :lachen:

1. He's started calling me Neith in real life :rolleyes:

2. He recognizes a few members by their siggy pics. Everyone with big siggy pics... he knows yall :lol:

3. He knows ALL about co washing, deep conditioning, relaxing and texturizing, weaves, braids, the salt thing and lord knows what else he knows ( he has type 1 hair :lol:)

4. He talks "hair science" with me and I'll be derned if he doesn't have some good ideas and insight sometimes...

5. He NOTICED THAT THE BOARD CHANGED FORMAT! Then asked me how I like it now...

Boy... do I put this man through some stuff or what?

LMAO @ the bold :rofl:

GeorginaSparks

5. He tells people how I'm a "hair expert" and gives them my phone # and have them call and ask me for "advice.":blush:

I have an ex who did that. I told him:
1. you're making people feel bad about their hair. you cannot go around giving people hair advice if they dont ask you for it
2. im not an hair expert. leave me the *** alone

he likes to tell people about his dry scalp and how i got him to start co-washing and using castor oil :ohwell:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
No ... my DH hates LHCF and goes from playfully mocking me to exasperation that I am on it so much. You're lucky.

That would be my husband also. :perplexed He knows if he touches my computer that he will have a bad case of the blue balls.

clever

1. My BF now categorizes people by their hair types.
2. He comments on random people's hair healthy--he hates dried relaxed greasy hair!
3. He now cowashes and knows the difference between a moisturizing poo and a clarifying one.
4. He hasn't purchased any new hair products in 2 years because of my PJism and when he comes over he searches my closet for new products...this weekend he was looking for a good reconstructor. He took a bottle of my Dumb Blonde and had the nerve to tell me that he wasn't impressed with it:rolleyes:

5. He tells people how I'm a "hair expert" and gives them my phone # and have them call and ask me for "advice.":blush:
:blush:He needs to have a seat under the dryer with the DB:lick: for about 15 minutes

Neith

1. My BF now categorizes people by their hair types.
2. He comments on random people's hair healthy--he hates dried relaxed greasy hair!
3. He now cowashes and knows the difference between a moisturizing poo and a clarifying one.
4. He hasn't purchased any new hair products in 2 years because of my PJism and when he comes over he searches my closet for new products...this weekend he was looking for a good reconstructor. He took a bottle of my Dumb Blonde and had the nerve to tell me that he wasn't impressed with it:rolleyes:

:lol: That's right, put him on blast for using Dumb Blonde!

It's funny, but damn... he's giving your number out?! :lachen:

That would be my husband also. :perplexed He knows if he touches my computer that he will have a bad case of the blue balls.

:lol:

:lachen: No, he didn't! Yeah, girl he must really be addicted.

I really think it rubbed off on him! :lol:

He doesn't do anything to his own hair though. He says he wouldn't make a good woman because he would just shave it all off all the time.

Queen V

:lachen: My DH can now speak so intelligently about hair stuff that strange women were coming up to him in the BSS asking for advice a couple of weeks ago, thinking he worked there. We were cracking up.

Healthb4Length

1. you're making people feel bad about their hair. you cannot go around giving people hair advice if they dont ask you for it

he likes to tell people about his dry scalp and how i got him to start co-washing and using castor oil :ohwell:

I know, I felt bad that he was giving advice:ohwell: but he's a people person so people ask him for advice on all things. And yes I told him I'm no expert! It gets out of hand because he tells people how fabulous hair all the time, so when they meet me on one of those off days it's like um:look: where's the fabulous hair? I can't live up that pressure all the time:lachen:! I can only look fab on the weekends!

SEMO

Ok, I told him he needs to do a steam treatment. He :lachen::lachen::lachen:but he said he'll try it and let me know in 3 weeks because he doesn't want to over-do the protein treatments.
OMG, I am dying laughing over here. Are you sure he doesn't have an account on here?

clever

Ok, I told him he needs to do a steam treatment. He :lachen::lachen::lachen:but he said he'll try it and let me know in 3 weeks because he doesn't want to over-do the protein treatments.
:lachen::lachen:Tell him to follow up with an instant conditioner afterwards so he can moisturize his situation and preserve his sexy

DivaD04

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
my hubb won't even come close to hair care, he's sticking to his word that beauty and hair care is only for women. he says guys aren't made to look cute...say what:blush:...don't y'all think he needs to keep looking good for me. his face is screaming, please clarify his hair n scalp!!! so, how can I PERSUADE him to clarify........................AH HAH! I have an Idea!!! I have 45min. I'm going to go and buy some salt...regular salt, but here in Saudi...they sell coarse salt....I'm going to put a heaping amount in his shampoo....maybe a tad bit more so when he shampoo, he won't notice he's clarifying.....buah hahahahaha! let me get on the ball!

Healthb4Length

my hubb won't even come close to hair care, he's sticking to his word that beauty and hair care is only for women. he says guys aren't made to look cute...say what:blush:...don't y'all think he needs to keep looking good for me. his face is screaming, please clarify his hair n scalp!!! so, how can I PERSUADE him to clarify........................AH HAH! I have an Idea!!! I have 45min. I'm going to go and buy some salt...regular salt, but here in Saudi...they sell coarse salt....I'm going to put a heaping amount in his shampoo....maybe a tad bit more so when he shampoo, he won't notice he's clarifying.....buah hahahahaha! let me get on the ball!

lol...sneaky:lachen:

DanaDane

Dh is begging me to go natural. He'll be looking over my shoulder pointing out "see! see!" when he sees one of the many gorgeous natural heads.

Neith

I'd do it!

Dh is begging me to go natural. He'll be looking over my shoulder pointing out "see! see!" when he sees one of the many gorgeous natural heads.

You have all that gorgeous hair and he's still not happy with it? The nerve!

I like your hair! :)

MissLawyerLady

DH is not addicted, but he has picked up on little things.

A few months back he heard me comment that someone was "Niko's cousin" and he asked what it meant. I told him it was a LHCF thing and it meant I thought someone had gorgeous hair.

Now, whenever he sees someone with long hair he'll ask me if it "Nicota's cousin"!!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

He's so special!!!

Last edited:

DanaDane

You have all that gorgeous hair and he's still not happy with it? The nerve!

I like your hair! :)

Thank you! I've been wearing it the same way for a long time, so maybe he wants some variety (he'll have to be content with the bangs I plan on getting in November, though).

Harmony0221

OMG YES!!! he gives his females friends hair advice and when they see me they are giving me dirty looks like," YOU DID THIS!!" :lachen:

I am glad he supports my HFS (hair fanatic syndrome).. but he is too much..

misschee

DH is not addicted, but he has picked up on little things.

A few months back he heard me comment that someone was "Niko's cousin" and he asked what it meant. I told him it was a LHCF thing and it meant I thought someone had gorgeous hair.

Now, whenever he sees someone with long hair he'll ask me if it "Nicota's cousin"!!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

He's so special!!!

Nicota's cousin...that's so cute

plzgrow

I am addicted , my so is like your always on that. Now instead of just lurking I'm going to post my heart off.