It's Been Real Nice Here, Thanks Everyone!

G

It\'s Been Real Nice Here, Thanks Everyone!

For the advice and support, but I'm really gonna have to take a break from the board and hair obession for a bit.
I was sittin at work, thinking that I grow an inch every ten weeks, so, I really was sittin here with ruler measuring out long my hair will be for our reunion in August

I think I'm gettin way obessed. But you guys have made it fun, and I don't want to leave but I am spending more time on this board than, reading/studying the Bible.

I'm contemplating canceling my membership that way I won't be tempted to "peek in" (can you cancel or are you in for life?
) Anyway, I'll be on today till I leave work.

I'm gonna miss you guys, esp, Pebbles, sweetcoca, Nay, Maraboul, and My bestest Pal, Pandora..., Heck I'm gonna miss everybody, you all have your own, unique style and I feel like I know people personnally. It has been more than just a Hair Forum it has been a freindship and I enjoyed very much (even the fights
).

Well, I'm sure some could care less but know that I will be praying for you all for your/our hair goals, and beyond, success in reaching your life's goals.

Lov you guys

daviine

Re: It\'s Been Real Nice Here, Thanks Everyone!

I fell ya on the obsession thing---butI know I can't leave so I'm not even gonna front like I'm going anywhere. This is my therapy.

And as I explained to my bf who thinks I am obsessed--this is my body. If I don't work on it, who else will?

I think he'll leave me alone after that. I feel better thinking this way.......

Yes girl--please pray for our hair! Good luck!

G

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
daviine said:
I'm not even gonna front like I'm going anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL see, that's the kinda thing I'm gonna miss.

Thanks Davine

sweetcocoa

Sorry to see you go. I take minnie(no pun intended..hee, hee...) breaks. I took one over the weekend cause I wasn't getting anything done. Don't cancel your membership. Just take a break or limit your time to one hour a day. It works, try it. I've decided not to get on in the evenings cause I have way too much stuff to do.

JenJen2721

I know exactly how you feel Mindymouse. I'm always thinking if I spent half as much time reading my bible as I do on this board, I'd be a well informed, well suited up, on fire for the Lord Christian! I applaud your strength.
God bless you!
Jen

G

Napptural, I will still email you that info, tonight.

G

That's an idea, maybe I'll take Baby Steps stay off for week and then limit my time thereafter.

If I don't cancel, I know I'm gonna log on, or maybe not, I feel real convicted.

But you know how that goes....

NAY007

aaawww you don't have to leave the board.... you know we are all obsessed that's how this board started...
... so you can still log in every now and then to see what's going on. i have that too sometimes but i don't quit i just slow down a little bit.
but maybe we all shouldn't see it as an obsession but as a hobby, cause we are just all VERY interested in hair right??

you take care girl, we'll all be right here
!!!!

nay

NayNay

STOP the Madness!!! Who else is going to support KERACARE HUMECTO with me! LOL
Seriously gurrllll there was a point where I was so obessessed with hair. I read about it, spent much $$ on it, got on hair boards and everything and I have CALMED down considerably. Try taking MINNIE (as sweetcocoa said) breaks. Limit yourself to 3 times per week! Then break out and READ the word!!!!!!

pebbles

Aww, do you really have to go Mindy?
Why not do like me and read more than post? That's what I've been doing to get away from the feeling of being controled by my hair lately.
If you really do feel the need to pull back, o.k. But don't go cancelling your membership!
I really want you to come back. A lot of members have had to take some time off and that's understandable. You take care and you will be in my prayers.

Later sweetie

G

LOL, ((Nay, Nay)) I know I'll be thinking about you when I condition. Seriously, I'm gonna PM you with my cellphone #, so you call me, when you see a sale. LOLOLOL

G

Aww, thanks Pebbles..

G

PS NayNay, I was at Easter Dinner yesterday, tellin people what they doing wrong to thier hair and how they should use Keracare
and of course C.Howse.

Crazy, crazy crazy. My aunt had this look on her face like "Did we ask her about our hair"

Country gal

Mindy,

I would suggest taking a break from the board. I don't log in on the weekends. Weekends are my time to spend QT with my son. Besides your input is so valuable.

G

Yeah, that seems to be what everybody is saying, don't go whole hog, just take a break.

I'm gonna try it, see if I can just cut down... I don't trust myself though. LOL

Kitkat

Yeah, Mindy, why not just take a break for a little while? I admit I feel as if I'm obsessed sometimes, and I feel stressed if my hair isn't progressing at the same rate as everyone else's. Maybe you could spend more time in the Off Topic section, or skin care, or health - or something! Don't just go cold turkey! When you don't feel consumed by hair and hair issues, come back gradually.

And you can't cancel your membership - you're in for life, baby!! To quote Tony Soprano (from the Sopranos): 'once you're in, there's no getting out!'

Kitkat

Why not do like me and read more than post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, okay, Miss 2879 posts!!!!

daviine

Kitkat said:
Why not do like me and read more than post?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Drea84

I can just imagine Mindy not logging in but lurking over the board reading all the posts and dying inside because she wants so desperately to reply
LOL

Okay as you guys can see I have a big imagination
Anyways Mindy Mouse we look foward to seeing your posts every now and then

Drea84

Allandra

Drea84 said:
I can just imagine Mindy not logging in but lurking over the board reading all the posts and dying inside because she wants so desperately to reply
LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong

Mindymouse said:

Well, I'm sure some could care less but know that I will be praying for you all for your/our hair goals, and beyond, success in reaching your life's goals.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm missing you already
. But please do pray for all of us to have great long, healthy hair. Please, don't leave us for good. We won't be the same without you. I hope you return real, real soon. Take care, and God Bless.

Integrity

Mindymouse said:
and I enjoyed very much (even the fights
).

[/ QUOTE ]

i will miss you and be waiting patiently for your return

pebbles

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!
I know how it looks, but really, I don't post at the rate I used to, honest!

sweetcocoa

pebbles said:

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!
I know how it looks, but really, I don't post at the rate I used to, honest!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea...okay...if you say so....(Girl I ain't never gonna catch up with you... but of course you got keep us ladies in line so...it's all good...right?)

pebbles

LOL!! No-one believes me?! It's true!!
Watch, pretty soon Allandra and the rest of you will catch up and pass me, THEN you guys will believe me. For real...

Integrity

pebbles said:
LOL!! No-one believes me?! It's true!!
Watch, pretty soon Allandra and the rest of you will catch up and pass me, THEN you guys will believe me. For real...

[/ QUOTE ]

but she is STILL posting.... we cannot catch up if you keep doing that....

pebbles

but she is STILL posting.... we cannot catch up if you keep doing that....

[/ QUOTE ]

O.k. I'll try to keep it to a minimum.
It's time for someone else to be top poster.

NayNay

So it is settled Pebs will keep hmmmm ummm "lurking" and Mindy will take breaks on the weekend and one more day!!!! Right????