"I've been bad.": Hair Confessions!

*ElleB

I must confess that I have been bad with my hair this week.

I've been too lazy to wrap it and I just bobby pin it up and go to sleep with the scarf.

Sometimes I've been too lazy to put on the scarf and just lay it on the pillow.

May the hair gods strike me for this one:
I haven't properly moisturized since my Cantu incident, which should have been all the more reason. (Plopping Silk Touch on top of the hair and makin a ponytail doesnt count)

Have u fell off the bandwagon lately...?

KiniKakes

I actually stopped wrapping mine about six months ago, after I realized that one side was thinning due to the wrapping. :( I had been wrapping it in that same direction for about ten years. *smh* I had no idea that this was not a good idea.

Anyway, I just find that wrapping it takes the body out of it altogether, so I no longer wrap. I either sleep with a loose bun and silk scarf.... or bobby pin it up and put on a scarf.....

So don't worry, you weren't as "bad" as you thought. :lol: YOu still covered your hair, which is the important thing. Even sleeping without the scarf wasnt that bad, if the pillow case was silk/satin.

*ElleB

KiniKakes said:
I actually stopped wrapping mine about six months ago, after I realized that one side was thinning due to the wrapping. :( I had been wrapping it in that same direction for about ten years. *smh* I had no idea that this was not a good idea.

Anyway, I just find that wrapping it takes the body out of it altogether, so I no longer wrap. I either sleep with a loose bun and silk scarf.... or bobby pin it up and put on a scarf.....

So don't worry, you weren't as "bad" as you thought. :lol: YOu still covered your hair, which is the important thing. Even sleeping without the scarf wasnt that bad, if the pillow case was silk/satin.

Whew!
Cool, then....:brushes off shoulders: But I've been slackin on the moisture and str8 manhandling my hair...

Last edited:

MizaniMami

KiniKakes said:

OT, but,Kinkakes I really think you should change (going off your fotki) your challenge from shoulder length to bra-strap by the end of this year. Your hair is so silky and i KNOW you will be bra-strap by the end of the year. It's growing in so nice & beautiful, great job!!! Keep doing what you are doing.

Anyways this is a good thread. I have been really good to my hair lately so let me think about this one..