"Hair" Confessions

brownsugarflyygirl

I know people do this in the OT forum, Im not sure if its ever been done here...but if so...I am sure that people have new confessions :) So I will start:

I confess that I LOVE MY NATURAL HAIR BUT sometimes I wish that I had found LHCF before I started to transistion. When I look at old pics of my healthy relaxed hair, I am confident that with LHCF I would have had a flyy head of BSL hair by now if it wasnt for my transition. :( I love my journey though, it taught me to love my hair texture and I dont regret going natural at all...its just that some days I feel this way. Oh well... Onward to APL stretched....a year from now :ohwell:

Whats your "hair" confession?

PaperClip

brownsugarflyygirl said:
I know people do this in the OT forum, Im not sure if its ever been done here...but if so...I am sure that people have new confessions :) So I will start:

I confess that I LOVE MY NATURAL HAIR BUT sometimes I wish that I had found LHCF before I started to transistion. When I look at old pics of my healthy relaxed hair, I am confident that with LHCF I would have had a flyy head of BSL hair by now if it wasnt for my transition. :( I love my journey though, it taught me to love my hair texture and I dont regret going natural at all...its just that some days I feel this way. Oh well... Onward to APL stretched....a year from now :ohwell:

Whats your "hair" confession?

Actually, what you said would be my ONLY confession.... I think I've been pretty bold about everything else.... It must be the rehab working! ;) I'm not going back to relaxing, though....

I do sincerely admire our relaxed counterparts who PROVE on a DAILY basis that one does not have to be a slave to the relaxers but are using them as a tool to get them the kind of hair that they want and are demonstrating some beautiful (and relatively healthy!) hair and relaxed hair care. Putting MANY (licensed) hairdressers to SHAME.

Last edited:

RainbowCurls

My hair confession is... lately, I've been wanting my flat iron my hair* and have just spent a few hours researching flat irons to buy a new one.
Even though, what stopped me from having long hair before was mostly the chemicals (relaxer) and heat damage. Now I've got chemicals (bleach) again I should probably stay away from the heat again!

*Well, I actually did a bit today. But was too scared to do it all...

preciousjewel76

I would love to be able to go natural someday...but I'm soooo scared to do a BC or a long transition. My skull has a big flat spot on top:lol: , so there's no way I could rock a TWA. And I'm afraid of the breakage and texture drama involved with a long transition. And I don't know if I'd want to wear braids forever to help transition.

Anyway, for now, I'm staying relaxed. I'll just be content playing with my new growth. :)

blac_quarian

Been here from long time
RainbowCurls said:
My hair confession is... lately, I've been wanting my flat iron my hair* and have just spent a few hours researching flat irons to buy a new one.
Even though, what stopped me from having long hair before was mostly the chemicals (relaxer) and heat damage. Now I've got chemicals (bleach) again I should probably stay away from the heat again!

*Well, I actually did a bit today. But was too scared to do it all...

I don't have a confession (yet), But didn't you used to be Perfectdoak (sp)? I see you've changed your hair color again - love it!

RainbowCurls

Yep, that's right, blac_quarian :)
That avatar is actually old, I dyed it green (over that turquoise) but haven't got round to updating my site yet.

locabouthair

I confess that I am way too obsessed with my hair. And that my hair looks a HAM and I am very ashamed of it right now. it's affecting my self confidence. It's to the point where I don't want to be around others when I go home because I'm so self consious about it.

Hareitiz

I confess that I love transitioning, but I am soooooo tired of wearing my hair in this :censored: bun!! I used to wear my hair down everyday and the only time I wore it up was when it was time for me to get a touch-up. I love how the waves look from my NG, but I just miss wearing my hair down.

crlsweetie912

I confess that I am unashamedly (not a word! :) ) a PJ FOR LIFE! I don't mind trying out different products and not having some of them work. Because when I find one that I love, I am in Heaven! It's my guilty pleasure!

Qetesh

I would like to confess that as much as I love my mid back length hair, I am about to buy some neck length wigs, I just hope I can fit my hair under it without it looking oddly shaped and huge :look: . I am seriously thinking of hiding my hair under one for a few months the only sad thing is, I have become a serious product junkie so not only will I hide my hair behind a wig I have been buying all types of products for my hair only to hide it. :confused:

breezy

I confess that I'm obsessed w/ groeing my hair out b/c my family thinks I can't do it. Even dh was skeptical at first b/c my hair had been the same length for years, but now he's seeing results and he's behind me.

The more length I get the more I want.

I confess I can't wait until this time next year so I can whip my BSL hair out around my whole family on Christmas and watch their jaws drop.

I confess that sometimes I think I'd be doing better if I had the money to buy more quality products.

Armyqt

I confess that when I reached brastrap in Dec last year I stopped caring for my hair.

I confess that I use a blowdryer about 2x a month.

I confess that I've been cutting my hair as a result on damage on the ends. And I really want to cut another 4 inches off, but I'll be above brastrap again :(

I confess that if I had taken better care of my hair, I know I would be waistlength by now.

breezy

I confess that I hate bunning b/c ppl think I'm baldheaded. If one more person asks me when I'm gonna wear my hear down I'll stab them I swear!

sareca

breezy said:
I confess that I hate bunning b/c ppl think I'm baldheaded. If one more person asks me when I'm gonna wear my hear down I'll stab them I swear!

Same here. I've been desperately trying to find a style:
(1) I like
(2) that doesn't involve heat
(3) that doesn't involve much manipulation
(4) I can wear down daily

I can't stand buns anymore. :nono:

shunta

breezy said:
lol!!:lol: DH tells me the same thing when we go out and Im wearing a bun. I guess he doesnt want people to think his wife is baldheaded!:lol: But girl, he cant tell me nothin because Im protective stylin' and lookin good. Shoot, a bun can look really nice when you add some cute dangly earrings and some makeup:look:

HoneyDew

Confessions? You mean, like the fact that I flat-iron my hair twice a week?
:sekret: :spank:
Yall gotta help me get this monkey off my back.

blackbarbie

I confess that I would love to try a wig or a fall but I am afraid that I wouldn't be able to find the right color and texture to match my hair and if i did find it, it would cost too much. (I'm cheap!!)

Oh, the wig I try would either be a short spikey cut or it would be a fall that would my hair look extra thick!

Another confession: I would love to go natural, but I wouldn't know what to do in the interim. I'm also nervous that if I went natural, the times that I would want to wear my hair straight, I wouldn't want to use heat, so I would be screwed....:(

prettypuff1

i have flat ironed my hair this morning. it got wet in the shower and i wanted it to be straight.... it had been alomst a month since i did it last and it was on low heat so i figured it would be ok

Proudpiscean

I love cheap conditioners (Vo5, suave) I raid walmart & hoard them....even though I already have many bottles left to use up :look:

I :love: henna! .......I'd use it every other day if I could :p

JewelleNY

I confess that, although I am transitioning, I could relax at any given moment:ohwell: I confess that I feel I really won't be able to find a BF right now with my transitioning and if I do relax it will be only to meet a guy.

I confess that I worry that I will look hideous as a natural:( and that if I go back to relaxers I will be a failure and shame to my race:violin:

jtsupanova

I confess that I use grease on my hair and scalp and my hair loves it!

I confess that I am thinking about not triming anymore I remember reading some theroy (ouidad?) about curly hair being full of knots and splits and the only way to get rid of them is to shave your head bald (otherwise you can not get rid of them)
I am beginning to think there might be some truth to this
I know every time I trim my hair because of knots I just get a new set
Whats the point?

SilkyandSmooth

I confess that I miss my natural hair sometimes, especially when I see pics of fellow LHCFers with a similiar hair type/texture. I'll be there again one day.

brownsugarflyygirl

JewelleNY said:
I confess that I feel I really won't be able to find a BF right now with my transitioning and if I do relax it will be only to meet a guy.

Jewelle I feel you! But you are beautiful with relaxed hair and you will look amazing as a natural! Guys adjust to your confidence level, if you like it, the right guy will love it :D

But I feel you on the transition though....I confess that my transition was MUCH easier because I was on a personal spiritual challenge to not date for a year and just focus on my relationship with God....I was walking around looking like :eek: as I learned to deal with my texture...I am sure that I didnt attract any men walking around looking like buckwheat:look: . My pastor was like "Um...Im only telling you this because you are a daugther to me...but you need to do something with that head of yours." :ohwell: ...That was a wake-up call so I started paying more attention to my styles even if I wasnt trying to catch a man, "no heat" and "transitioning" were no longer an excuse....

mochamadness

Going the Distance
:look: I confess that I haven't washed my hair in two weeks...I've been so lazy lately.

I confess that I've been fighting the urge to go on hair product shopping spree. I really thought I had this PJ thing in check man... what should I do? :whyme:

Tee

breezy said:

Breezy I laughed out loud for real. I sooo agree with you though! I get tired of being asked when I am going to wear my hair down.

I confess that I have missed my mid week wash as of today 2 times in a row. I just haven't been in the mood to wash and go out with a wet head in the cold.

GoingNatural

My confession is that even though i'm days away from the BC I sometimes think about relaxing my hair NOT because it is hard transitioning, but because with the 6.5 inches I've gained over the 11 months my hair is finally back at BSL which is part of my ultimate hair goal.

So I'd have the length, but I would be back to straight boring hair.

My COMPLETE ultimate hair goal is healthy, NATURAL, BSL hair. So I WILL be chopping it all off.

I've gotten to BSL before, I can do it again!

Lynnerie

These are my confessions...

Ok, just one. I wish I was natural but because I've never had long hair and that's my goal I have opted for healthy relaxed hair cause my relaxed hair is closer to my goal than cutting it off would be. I texlax my hair so I can feel like I still have some of my texture.