"Hair" Confessions

brownsugarflyygirl

I love reading these hair confessions....its so real what we go through with our hair...

To those ladies with those self-identified "unhealthy" hair habits....just take it one step at a time...now that you have "confessed".....create a plan of action to do better :grin:

I also wanted to tell everyone to be encouraged...no one who reached there hair goals didnt have setbacks and want to quit at times....but if we just stick to our LHCF strategies...we will make every one of our hair goals...

Love yall ;)

dynamic1

Many of you have expressed some of my confessions.

I too wonder how much length I could have retained if I did not transition. Sometimes I regret my decision but I won't go back.

I confess that I would never have considered doing a big chop down to a twa. I don't mind short hair but no bangs was a killer for me when I was relaxed. In fact, when my hair was really short I always had some bang. When my bang was cut off (think Kelis) I was traumatized. I loved the hair cut but the five head took some getting used too. Wierd thing is I don't mind wearing a bun.

I confess I am very tired of my bun!

I confess that when I am upset or frustrated, I seriously consider grabbing a relaxer > applying it root to tip > leaving it until my hair is "bone straight"! Or I want to cut it all off and sometimes I dream about the hair cut!

I confess.... I am about to go straighten (flat iron) my hair before I go home for the holidays!

LocksOfLuV

I confess that I am obSESSED with indian haircare/oils. I stare at every indian woman I meet and try to get close enough to smell what kind of oil they use.I smelled some vatika oil the other day and went crazy, my head went all over the place. I turned and saw it was two Indian men, I was seriously dissapointed.:cool:

I confess that I am very mad at Suave for changing their ingredients and I emailed them basicly cussing them out (minus the cuss words). They replied back so nice, but I am still mad at them, like a bad relationship. :(

I confess, that even tho I am texlaxed with MASS tangle issues I will NOT, NOT, NOT, wash my hair in braided sections. I am a protective styler and wash days is the only time I get to see my length. I love my hair while washing it, I tilt my head back to visualize, I rub my fingers through it, and I pretend that I walk into a room and all eyes light up from the length-all of this while washing, yet I get pissed when the hot water goes out, go figure.:look:

I bet yall think I am real crazy now.:lol:

Wishin4BSL

I confess that even though my hair is even now, I miss that 2 inches my stylist cut off, because I would be past the APL hurdle and headin' down to BSL!!!!!

Wishin4BSL

I'm feining (sp?) to confess some more!!!

I confess that I have never told you ladies about the fact that although my crown grows the fastest, it's the shortest part of my hair from all of the self-wet wrap sets that failed!

There! I said it!

LovelyStyle

This is a cool thread!
Since I'm among like-minded women, I feel comfortable confessing...

that I love my hair,

that I spend way too much money going to the beauty salon up to 3 or 4 times a month,

that I often adjust my riewview mirror so I can see the length of my hair and its auburn highlights.

wow, I feel better already. :)

H

honey_jammz82

I confess I finally washed my hair tonight after 4 weeks...I have been soo lazy. I had to trim about 2 inches all over too, I hate taking care of my hair!!

BrownBetty

I airdryed my hair over night and had to use a flat iron. I haven't used a flat iron in about 3 months, I now remember why. My hair was lifeless not bouncy like after a roller set. I need to stop being lazy and get back to roller setting after each wash.

prettypuff1

I confess
i am getting a little frustrated with the thought of waiting for long hair that i have been looking at how to do my own weave using fusion ( WORST METHOD OF WEAVING FOR BLACK HAIR). I didnt order anythign though just looking
I glued in a track but took it out
I was supposed to be giving up grease today but that didn't happen

nissi

Okay, i confess:

- I am a little tired of wearing my hair out so now i am on an OPH kick! :sekret:

- I am not really loving it when my hair touches my face. :nono: But yes, the baldheaded bunning issue is a minor concern...

- I don't want to have to see or deal with my hair, especially during the week, because my job and life is a trip!

- I really don't want anyone to see my hair. Just a little weary of hearing anybody's comment or personal opinion on my hair.

- I can't WAIT until my wig gets here from Especially Yours so I can start rocking it for the winter! :clapping:

- I am about to spend MORE money to order a lacefront wig ($$$!), also for the winter. :look:

- The real reason I am getting the wig (oops, wigs!), is partially for the protective styling (cuz yes, wigs really do work), but REALLY so that I don't have to pay attention to my hair! Or minimal attention. :look:

- I am now considering a 3/4 curly fall as we speak for when I want to air dry and go! :rolleyes:

- I will also be investing in cute hats for the winter... :yep:

Sounds a little chronic, huh? I thought so! Oh well! :rolleyes:

HHG ya'll! :weird:

Last edited:

Blu217

I confess that the thought of wearing any sort of false hair piece or wig scares me. I think it would look sooo unnatural--probably from being told my hair texture and color would be too hard to match to get a marginally convincing weave.

I confess that as much as I love all the length I waited so patiently to obtain, I'd shave it off in a minute if somebody paid me the right amount to do so--I'd do it for $10k, but not less.

I confess that all my life I wanted thicker hair. But now that I'm dealing with hair loss, I'd give anything just to get back what I had before.

I confess that I will never wear braids. I cannot even IMAGINE this on me.

I confess that of the myriad things I've tried because of this board, what I've found works best is not too far from what I was doing before.