I've got another question.......about locs

Chameleonchick

For those of you that have locs, what was your reason for doing so?
For those of you that used to have locs why did you decide to take them out and start a new journey be it natural or relaxed?

Thank you!

Raspberry

Chameleonchick said:
For those of you that have locs, what was your reason for doing so?
For those of you that used to have locs why did you decide to take them out and start a new journey be it natural or relaxed?

Thank you!
Chameleonchick I had locs for four years and loved them...they suited me and were way easier to maintain then my loose natural hair was; but by the 4 year mark I had reached my length goal of bsl/mbl and was getting tired of my style routine. I was too lazy to do the elaborate styles I watched on YouTube but still wanted that brand new do feeling. My locs started to feel restricting and the urge to release my hair began to build up. I decided to take down my locs soon after that, I didn't agonize over the decision. I'm now relaxed and enjoying the experience.

I must add that my decision to take down my locs also reflected emotional things I was going through with wanting change in various areas of my life at the time. That's why I find it shortsighted when ppl make absolute judgements about a woman's motivations for her hair choices... you really never know where her head is at from afar.

CountryBumpkin

Because i wanted to have long hair without the hassle of detangling.

because my scalp has always been a lot happier when kept sectioned off.

FoxxyLocs

I got them because I was frustrated with detangling and my regimen was taking way too long. I liked them because they were very low maintenance.

I took them out after 2.5 years because I missed my loose hair, I wanted more styling options, and I found LHCF and got some ideas for how to decrease my detangling time and simplify my regimen. Without them I probably would have cut all my hair off, but I'm glad to have them out now. I doubt that I would do it again.