Jan/Feb 2009 - MT/OCT Challenge Thread

hervirtue

Re: Jan 2009 - MT/OCT Challenge Thread

Hey JK :hug2:, thanks for creating the tread!! I was wondering if anyone was still MT/OCT'ing as I've noticed the response in the threads have dropped. Great growth girlie, I can't wait till my hair get that long.

I'm still using both, just alternating and only using them every other day instead of twice a day as I did at the start.

Here's my progress so far:

October 2008

December 2008

Last edited:

alopeciagrl

I will definitely be jumping on this bandwagon sometime this year if my current regimen does not work out. I'm one of those people who don't like to try new thins but MT/OCT is so popular with all of you ladies, it MUST be something.

I will be watching this post closely for progress pics...

anon123

I left the conditioner at home when I went to S. Africa. Now that I'm back I'm going to start using it again. I used it for 5 - 6 weeks last time without noticing much of a difference, just on my edges. I'm going to try again. I'm going to leave it on longer this time by putting it on at night and rinsing it off in the morning. Then I'm going to put some Qhemet honey and olive gel on the rinsed edges + a scarf for 10 min to help them stay down a bit. That product has sulfur in it so I hope that helps, too. I really would like to have full edges.

sweetnlow06

Can you please add me to the list. I up for an all year challenge with MT.:yep:

Hot40

I want to be added how long does the challange go I will order my MT tomorrow.
I am attempting 6 inches by July??? Can it be done?

jazzzmoods

Thanks again JustKiya!! Can you please add me to the list. I posted while you were in the midst of updating this new post (I was eager) and you may not have even seen it!!!

I am doing a DC right now as I type this!

MT/OCT bring on the LENGTH for all our LHCF sisters!!!!

phyl73

Hey JK! I'm in for the remainder of the year or years. I haven't posted end of the year progress pics yet because I am in a full sew in. I will take it down the week of Jan. 18th. and get a blow out. I'm looking forward to seeing my progress. I can tell it has grown. I still use my mixture of OCT/MT everyday. I have even turned a few friends on to MT. Girl your hair has grown so much.

phyl73

Yes this can be achieved. Just start using it as soon as you get it.

Chameleonchick

Great progress Just Kiya! I have been using the megatek on my edges and using it like the directions say when I shampoo. Only have done that twice(conditioner) so I don't know if its better yet.

Aggie

Thanks JK for starting the new month of this challenge.

ETA: I will be resuming the use of my MT/OCT next month when I take down my braids. I like them to properly saturate my natural hair to avoid wasting.They are wayyyy to expensive to waste this way IMO. I feel like I'd have to use too much of them while in these extensions. For now, I'm Castile/WENning my hair and deep conditioning - diluted of course.

Last edited:

thatscuteright

Thanks! This is awesome! Here are my most recent pics! I am hoping for an inch of growth/retention in January!

I just got my hair cut to the exact length and style :lol:
I decided to use Mega-tek.

Last edited:

**Glamourlicious**

I am going to finish my bottle of OCT. Not sure if I will reup or not. Need to put on a tshirt that I can measure with and take my start pic.

Ltown

Greyland

I like to join the challenge, I've been using MT for 3 months and seen some growth about 1inch.

kimmy89

wow can i join? i wont be starting MT until the end of the month though, because i just started taking garlic supplements. and i want to avoid shedding because i am in a protective style(kinky twist) and i dont want matting.

JustKiya

I want in too, so please add me to the list. Now I just have to figure out how to upload pics to this site.

Good luck ladies and happy, healthy, long hair growth.

Welcome and HHG!! Which product are you using?

Hey JK :hug2:, thanks for creating the tread!! I was wondering if anyone was still MT/OCT'ing as I've noticed the response in the threads have dropped. Great growth girlie, I can't wait till my hair get that long.

I'm still using both, just alternating and only using them every other day instead of twice a day as I did at the start.

Here's my progress so far:

October 2008

December 2008

That's fabulous progress!! I love how fat and thick your twists have gotten!

This current 'session' of the challenge goes until March 2009, but we will be starting a second session to go to March 2010 then, as well. :yep:

Thanks again JustKiya!! Can you please add me to the list. I posted while you were in the midst of updating this new post (I was eager) and you may not have even seen it!!!

I am doing a DC right now as I type this!

MT/OCT bring on the LENGTH for all our LHCF sisters!!!!

I did indeed miss it - did you happen to mention which product you were using, as well? You are added, now!

wow can i join? i wont be starting MT until the end of the month though, because i just started taking garlic supplements. and i want to avoid shedding because i am in a protective style(kinky twist) and i dont want matting.

Welcome, welcome! Of course you can join, and that's smart to start taking the garlic early. :yep:

As for me - :look: I'm not MT'ing this week. I um, opted to not put in two strand twists today, so this will be my 'off' week. Next week, I'll do the twists, and MT daily. I think that's going to be my routine for a while, going forward. :yep: :lol: I hope, at least.

chosen07 - You've been added!
curlyreese - You've been updated!
Hot40 - You've been added!
jazzzmoods - You've been added!
kimmy89 - You've been added!
ltown - You've been added!
luvovcandy - You've been added!
Mandy4610 - You've been updated!
Tamala - You've been added!
thaidreams - You've been updated!
The Princess - You've been added!
SuchMagnificance - You've been updated!
sweetnlow06 - You've been added!
Wheezy807 - You've been updated!

If I have missed anyone wanting to be added/updated, please PM me! Thanks!

MonaRae

I really slacked off of MT b/c the breakage was just too much. I started taking garlic pills but it didn't seem to help. I think I got enuff garlic in my system now to start back up.

Oh and thanks for starting the thread JustKiya!

JustKiya

I really slacked off of MT b/c the breakage was just too much. I started taking garlic pills but it didn't seem to help. I think I got enuff garlic in my system now to start back up.

Oh and thanks for starting the thread JustKiya!

Had you upped your DC rate/level of moisture? That's the main thing that catches people up.......
Aggies DC challenge is a WONDERFUL Co-challenge to this one.... I think I'll add a link to her challenge in our links. :yep:

wheezy807

chosen07 - You've been added!
curlyreese - You've been updated!
Hot40 - You've been added!
jazzzmoods - You've been added!
kimmy89 - You've been added!
ltown - You've been added!
luvovcandy - You've been added!
Mandy4610 - You've been updated!
Tamala - You've been added!
thaidreams - You've been updated!
The Princess - You've been added!
SuchMagnificance - You've been updated!
sweetnlow06 - You've been added!
Wheezy807 - You've been updated!

If I have missed anyone wanting to be added/updated, please PM me! Thanks!
Greatly appreciated!

JustKiya

Jazzzmoods - You've been updated!
ThatJerseyGirl - You've been added!

trinigal27

Hi JustKiya..........could you please add me to your list if it is not to late to join. Started using MT on Saturday and am going to keep using it every other day as a deep conditioner.

JustKiya

Your Cheeziness & trinigal27 - ya'll have been added!

omnipadme

I want to reach bsl by the end of the year & by the looks of everyone's pics, I think it can be done with mega-tek:yep:

JustKiya

I want to reach bsl by the end of the year & by the looks of everyone's pics, I think it can be done with mega-tek:yep:

You're added - and you've had great growth for the last two years - I can definitely see you at BSL this year! :yep: