Joico - The REAL Deal!

After reading a few posts, I decided to go out yesterday and invest in some “real” products for my hair. I had been using Suave and other cheapies, and was curious to see if there would be any real difference with a better product. OMG! I went to Ulta and purchased the K-PAK products (buy 2 get one free), which I had never used before. Then I happened to stop in to Trade Secrets, where there was a tremendous sale going on (40% of liters), so I bought the shampoo and conditioner. I am so pleased! I had some shedding – that stopped instantly. My hair feels so good and soft. And it smells good too. I am not one to spend a lot of money on hair products, but I think Joico is a keeper. I’m going to stick with the entire line!

Products:

Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo for Dry Hair
Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner for Dry Hair
Joice K-PAK Moisture Intense Hydrator
Joico K-PAK Reconstruct Deep Penetrating Reconstructor
Joico K-PAK Reconstruct Leave-In Protectant

Hosted on Fotki

Last edited:

gymfreak336

You got the good stuff. I lubs me some Joico. I used the kpak daily conditioner last night for a couple of minutes and my hair is bouncy today. Artemis put me on to this line and I haven't looked back since. The thing I like about their products is that the benefits build up over time and you don't need to sit all day with it on for it to work. I find that the kpak line works better when you use it as directed. Just 1-2 minutes of the kpak conditioner does miracles. I love using the kpak line during my relaxer touchups too.

AtlantaJJ

After reading a few posts, I decided to go out yesterday and invest in some “real” products for my hair. I had been using Suave and other cheapies, and was curious to see if there would be any real difference with a better product. OMG! I went to Ulta and purchased the K-PAK products (buy 2 get one free), which I had never used before. Then I happened to stop in to Trader Joe’s, where there was a tremendous sale going on (40% of liters), so I bought the shampoo and conditioner. I am so pleased! I had some shedding – that stopped instantly. My hair feels so good and soft. And it smells good too. I am not one to spend a lot of money on hair products, but I think Joico is a keeper. I’m going to stick with the entire line!

Products:

Joico K-PAK Reconstruct Deep Penetrating Reconstructor
Joico K-PAK Reconstruct Leave-In Protectant

Hosted on Fotki
Did I read correctly, is Trader Joe's seling Joico or did you pick up the TJ line?

Gemini350z

I use everything you have. Those plus Kenra are my staples!! I threw all the rest of my products out!

gymfreak336

I use everything you have. Those plus Kenra are my staples!! I threw all the rest of my products out!

You can't go wrong with Kenra and Joico.:yep: If I could only use lines from Ulta or Tradesecrets for the rest of my life, those two lines would be it.

PinkPebbles

Definitely the REAL Deal!

I use the K-Pak Moisture Intense Hydrator. The best moisturizing conditioner I've ever used. I've tried to experiment with other moisturizing conditioners b/c the price was cheaper but nope - didn't get the job done like my beloved K-Pak!

You got the good stuff. I lubs me some Joico. I used the kpak daily conditioner last night for a couple of minutes and my hair is bouncy today. Artemis put me on to this line and I haven't looked back since. The thing I like about their products is that the benefits build up over time and you don't need to sit all day with it on for it to work. I find that the kpak line works better when you use it as directed. Just 1-2 minutes of the kpak conditioner does miracles. I love using the kpak line during my relaxer touchups too.

Yeah, I think I'm going to suck it up and keep using it. I did follow the directions, which I thought wasn't enough time, but the results were great. I have my hair in a protective style right now, but I kinda wish I had rollerset it to see how it would have turned out.

chocolatethai

i love me some joico! this and NTM are the only lines i'm faithful to...lol, i really feel the diference when i use this line

Artemis

Yay! Another convert! :up:

I was just in Ulta earlier this afternoon. After I saw a woman brushing her hair with one of the brushes on display I had to go :nono:

Looks like I gotta go hit up Trade Secrets to replenish my stash :D

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I love Joico, I actually traded on my Nexxus and been using Joico K-Pak in rotation. The smell is just another thumbs up, it smell sooo darn good you want to taste it. Thanks fot the heads up onn the 40% off!

shocol

I've used the K-Pak reconstructor and the chelating shampoo and they were a lot milder on my hair than I expected. I wasn't even sure they were working. I guess it was because most things seem too harsh and/or stripping on my hair.

naijamerican

I know this sounds corny, but I really have to thank you all for this thread. I just took my braids out today (which I've had in for more than 2 and a half months) and went to a local beauty supply store. All because of seeing this thread earlier this morning I was all set to purchase the regular Joico, when even one of the cashiers recommended K-PAK reconstruct! (She had great advice, too... perhaps she's Nikos's cousin???) It turned out that her daughter has the same hair texture as I do and she felt that this would be much better for me where I'm at right now. I am about to shampoo and then use the K-Pak this evening.

Thanks again, ladies! It was nice of the OP to start this thread and give the heads up about it, otherwise I would have never known because I had never heard of Joico until today. :love2: If need be I'll bump the thread and let you know what my experience was.

bbdgirl

ITA I am just trying to use up all my cheapie conditioners and concentrate on the good stuff. The only cheapie that I am hooked on is HE LTR conditioner.
I used the Joico Daily moisture during my last relaxer and I was really pleased with the way my hair felt afterwards

The one thing that I really like about the salon quality stuff is that you really dont have to use alot of it to get really good results.

MonaLisa

gymfreak336 said:

Yeah moisture recovery is nice but not nice enough to be a repurchase for me. :ohwell: Joico k-pak is the business! :grin:

So mad at J and Gym right now.....

MonaLisa

Yay! Another convert! :up:

I was just in Ulta earlier this afternoon. After I saw a woman brushing her hair with one of the brushes on display I had to go :nono:

Looks like I gotta go hit up Trade Secrets to replenish my stash :D

Hey cous *waving*...that made me me :lol:

*mo looks down at her bottles of Joico next to the hair product cabinet :look:*

Artemis

For real!!

Seriously, if someone made me choose one line within the Joico lines, it would be K-pak. It really is the biz :yep:

My hair has to have a balance of moisture and protein at all times, and this does it wonderfully. I still have liters of Moisture Recovery in my closet, but I really don't know when I will get to them. Perhaps in the winter time...:drunk:

MonaLisa

For real!!

Seriously, if someone made me choose one line within the Joico lines, it would be K-pak. It really is the biz :yep:

My hair has to have a balance of moisture and protein at all times, and this does it wonderfully. I still have liters of Moisture Recovery in my closet, but I really don't know when I will get to them. Perhaps in the winter time...:drunk:

Okay fine haired one...what would your recs be from the Kpak line?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

*will wait..*

jamaicalovely

Hey Kim,

I bought my first Joico Jpak last month. I would like:

CVS across from my job just started selling Joico, except the moisture recovery.

Think I'll need to stop in Ulta.

Can you bring a sample of the moisture recovery conditioner to the meetup tomorrow?

lovedone_24

I bought the economy K-PAK set and yes, it is indeed the truth! I have always had expensive taste to the dismay of my mother but I knew it was for a reason--quality! :yep:

HeChangedMyName

Thank you for posting this. I just bought some of the Joico K-Pak Reconstructing condish today, well sort of---I bought the Generic Value Products version, because I've read on here that it is pretty much the same thing. I have a question for the joico vets though, I assume that this condish is protein. Am I right?

My hair is going through a serious dry spell so I also bought the GVP of humcress moisterizing condish---I am thinking about co-washing with that followed by the K-Pak--what do you think?

PinkPebbles

Thank you for posting this. I just bought some of the Joico K-Pak Reconstructing condish today, well sort of---I bought the Generic Value Products version, because I've read on here that it is pretty much the same thing. I have a question for the joico vets though, I assume that this condish is protein. Am I right?

My hair is going through a serious dry spell so I also bought the GVP of humcress moisterizing condish---I am thinking about co-washing with that followed by the K-Pak--what do you think?

If you can help it, don't buy the generic! Get the REAL DEAL...LOL.

K-PAK Reconstruct is a protein treatment. If you are going through a dry spell I would recommend the K-PAK Moisture Intense Hydrator as a DC.