July 2014 Hits & Misses

NaturallyATLPCH

NaturallyATLPCH Lo and behold I saw a YouTube review saying the smell was bold and perfume-like just as you said. Hopefully it doesn't linger and I like the product.

Kinda reminds me of Ynobe double double cream. Great product but that earthy smelled lingered for daaaayyss. I wouldn't rebuy it because of that.

That's funny about Ynobe cwmarie, I remember you saying the leave in smelled like "earth" :lol:!

NaturallyATLPCH

Hit:

The excitement I get when I see the mail truck pull up and him park it to scan my packages :lachen:. Talk about running to the door!

NaturallyATLPCH

NaturallyATLPCH Lol.

So I got a whiff of the masque and scrub and while it is perfumy (sp?) I don't dislike it. I used the scrub on my hands and the scents not super strong. A lotion would cover it right up.

I kinda want to wash my hair. Hmmmm..

Yeah cwmarie, I put a little on my edges and while it does linger a little, it's not too bad.

I was just expecting fruity instead perfumy, but it is tolerable. :yep:

Neomorph

Hits
Yes To Carrots! Scalp Relief Shampoo and Conditioner: Oh my God! I have finally found a cleansing system that actually takes care of my scalp eczema! This is a definitely a Holy Grail Product! The shampoo doesn't strip my hair but still leaves it nice and clean. The Conditioner isn't the most moisturizing or slippery product I've used but it still does the job well. I follow up with a deep conditioner anyways. Speaking of deep conditioning...

Yes To Carrots! Pampering Conditioner: My hair felt nice afterwards. For about $8 I get a ton of conditioner! The bottling presents a dispensing challenge (you have to take the cap off in order to get the product). It also leaves a strange residue on my hands (like baby powder). It's good but I think I can do better in DC department

Misses
Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil: Made my hair a frizzy mess. This is what happens when I try to be really cheap with stuff (since my family has fallen on hard times). My wallet like the product, but my hair said "No girl. Just no." I have been using it on my skin and it works fine that way at least.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Edge control hit: ORS Olive oil edge control. It came with a free travel size bottle of the gel. I use it to tame my 4b edges. Im gonna be honest: nothing lays my kinda hair down :lachen: but this definitely comes the closest. It has a light scent and if you add castor oil to it it gives a softer hold and prevents flaking ( many reviews mention next day flaking)

Namilani

Did they have the critical repair cond in the white pack or the white jar?...please let me know if u see it....they discontinued it I believe. Thats my boo thang I been searching for it like a mad woman lol

I didn't end up going, but I plan try to to make to Dollar Tree tomorrow. I'll definitely check for you!

lamaria211

Hits- APB blueberry seed oil everything! From the DC to the leave in especially the cream is amazing. (I buy so much of her stuff I got a free gift today:)
Hit- Co washing my 4 months post transitioning hair
Hit-CON perfect 7 leave in treatment
Hit- Chi deep brilliance silk reflect oil

Pennefeather

HIT:

Detangling in the shower with conditioner. I am so late on this!!! But I love it so far.

Also oil rinsing my hair with sunflower oil.

Lissa0821,

You aren't the only late on this. For the last couple of weeks I've been washing and rinsing my hair in the shower. I had previously been washing in the kitchen sink because I hated the idea of getting in and out of the shower as I went through each step.

I find that I have less tangles when I don't have to bend over the sink, although I still hate getting in and out of the shower.

MzRhonda

HIT: Crack Leave In Hair Cream

Thanks Lylddlebit ~ I read a post you made about straight natural hair and as I transition that seems to be the only style that suits me so I decided to give this product a try.

I washed my hair tonight using my beloved Wen :grin: t-shirt dryed my hair and then put some Avon Lotus Shield frizz control on my hair then added this on my hair. I then proceeded to blow dry and was done in half the time and then flat ironed my hair. My hair feels silky and soft. :up:

The test will be tomorrow as I will be outside for quite some time and hopefully this will last until my next wash and blowdry/flat iron.

oneastrocurlie

Revisited hit:
As I Am cowash - good and priced just right. They still should have this in a pump bottle.

Preliminary hits - all these were new to use on freshly washed hair:
SM superfruit complex masque - nice and thick, good for detangling, smell doesn't linger, rinse nicely, hair was nice and soft afterwards. I'll have to use it a few more times to determine if it's a repurchase.

APB Leave In - hair felt nice and soft, made it easy to detangle, no weird residue

APB Ayurvedic Hair Cream Scent in birthday cake - my friend walked in and asked if I was baking a cake. Lol.

Healthb4Length

Revisited hit: As I Am cowash - good and priced just right. They still should have this in a pump bottle. Preliminary hits - all these were new to use on freshly washed hair: SM superfruit complex masque - nice and thick, good for detangling, smell doesn't linger, rinse nicely, hair was nice and soft afterwards. I'll have to use it a few more times to determine if it's a repurchase. APB Leave In - hair felt nice and soft, made it easy to detangle, no weird residue APB Ayurvedic Hair Cream Scent in birthday cake - my friend walked in and asked if I was baking a cake. Lol.

Where did you find the SM superfruit complex? I really want to try out the entire line. I heard the soaps and lotions smell divine!

Lylddlebit

HIT: Crack Leave In Hair Cream

Thanks Lylddlebit ~ I read a post you made about straight natural hair and as I transition that seems to be the only style that suits me so I decided to give this product a try.

I washed my hair tonight using my beloved Wen :grin: t-shirt dryed my hair and then put some Avon Lotus Shield frizz control on my hair then added this on my hair. I then proceeded to blow dry and was done in half the time and then flat ironed my hair. My hair feels silky and soft. :up:

The test will be tomorrow as I will be outside for quite some time and hopefully this will last until my next wash and blowdry/flat iron.

Good good I hope you love it after your experiment. I think you will.

MzRhonda

Good good I hope you love it after your experiment. I think you will.

Lylddlebit Yes!!!! It held up well.....my hair does not even look like I had been outside at a cookout event today....it looks fresh.

My dd who is natural usually does twist outs......her hair looked awesome when we left, when we returned it had become quite poofy. :lol:

I bought the smaller tube initially but I am going to have to go back and buy the larger tube.....well worth the price. :up:

NaturallyATLPCH

Hit: Detangling with a paddle brush
I saturated each section of hair with Knot Sauce after taking my braids out and it just glided right through my hair and detangled it nicely.

Miss: Box Braid take down
I forgot how grueling the process is. Plus my hair got tangled quite a few times. I'm sticking with marleys for protective styling from now on.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits:
Extra Dark JBCO
Alter Ego Garlic Rx
Pure Pumpkin Seed Oil

Revisited Discontinued Hits:
Enso Naturals Hair Lotions
Jasmine Bath & Beauty's Deep Conditioners

futureapl

Hit: As I Am Leave-In Conditioner. My hair has not been liking NTM this summer. This stuff has my hair looking very hydrated.

spellinto

Hit: NTM shampoo, mask, and leave in. I'm really feeling this line!

futureapl what's the as I am leave in like? The NTM is a staple for me but I wonder how as I am compares

Dayjoy

Old School Member
:up:HITS:
*Modifying my Denman--what took me so long??? I feel like I can get a thorough detangle, but barely any hairs come out compared to before I took out three rows of bristles. It almost feels gentle and it's way better than the Tangle Teaser (which I put down years ago) and the Tangle Tamer (which I was still using until now).

*Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight--I've been using this on DD who has decided she no longer wants to wear braids or twists :sad:. Even though it is summertime her hair has been holding after a flat iron until the next wash which NEVER happens. It is easy to use, smells good, and makes her hair shinier than ever before. AND her naps come back! :yay:

*Phyto Phytokeratine Repairative Serum For Damaged Ends--I also bought this for DD after reading about it here. I really need to give her a big trim, but I am just not ready to leave her hair that short. This product keeps her ends from getting bushy and tangled. It has made a world of difference.

:down:MISS:
Shea Moisture Purification Mask--this really didn't seem to do anything for my or my DD's hair. I had heard too much about it not to try it, but I'll use it up next week (three uses for us from the jar) and never repurchase.

NaturallyATLPCH

Major Hit: Oil Rinsing
:dance7:
What took me so long to do this??? My hair is sooooo soft and virtually tangle free. And I have A LOT of it. I used a Shea Moisture Massage Oil I had around the house and I love how nice and light yet slippery it was. I am ordering a gallon of massage oil from Texas Natural Beauty supply (similar ingredients to the Shea Moisture massage oil) and this will be a permanent part of my regimen.

Constant hits:
Jessicurl DC: Has not failed me yet in three years. My hair really loves it now that it's longer. Staple.
SheScentIt Okra Reconstructor: Soft strong hair. I made a mistake and left it on for an hour instead of the recommended 30 minutes and I had to make myself use a moisturizing DC. Staple.

This has been a great wash day so far. I was going to air dry in a fro but I'm going to put it in my usual twists to air dry before styling it (more than likely I puff).

veesweets

^^ I always fall off from oil rinsing even though I love the results, especially with EVOO. Thanks for the reminder, gonna try to get back on track! :yep:

futureapl

spellinto the NTM was/is still a staple of mine. The As I Am Leave In is very lightweight but ultra moisturizing. I tried it for the first time this morning. I sealed with grapeseed oil. My hair feels like silk right now and I'm 7 weeks post. I can't keep my hands out of my hair. It has a very light scent.

Nice Lady

Hits: Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care 2 Minute Moisturizer Scalp & Hair Treatment (It has cones in it but it cleared the flakes on my scalp that occurs from frequent working out)

Kimble Beauty Brazilian Nut and Acai (worked great as a pre-poo) + castor oil w/ tea tree oil.

Brownie518

HIT
HH Carrot Cake Frosting moisturizer

Still Hittin'
APB Leave In sprays
APB Puddings
APB Organic Hair Tonic
APB Ayurvedic Hair creme
HH Soft Coconut Marshmallow
Claudie's Kahve DC
Claudie's Kahve Oil
KV Fenugreek Oil