December 2013 Hits & Misses

biancaelyse

Mega Major Hit:

Tresseme Flawless Curls Conditioner!

I had run out of this and was trying to use up the product in my stash. I went back to the TJ Nourish Spa and my hair looked crazy!! Dry and stringy, no shine, much frizz, just awful.

I cowached with the Tresseme and my hair was back - soft shiny, bouncy, defined curls, no frizz.

I need to make sure I never run out of this again!!

Last edited:

Lissa0821

Hit:

Prepoo or oil rinse with Vatika oil
Scalp massages every night as a part of my night time routine for bed

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Surprise hit: Aveda Brilliant Shampoo--I'm using up my stash (trying to anyway) and hadn't used this in AGES. I was a week and a half behind washing DD's hair and had been using all kinds of gunk to slick down her bun. She needed a deep clean and I thought I'd end up with straw after using this. Turns out her hair was really clean (with a little squeak even) but not stripped at all. It was soft and easy to detangle. I've never seen/felt hair that was squeaky but not stripped. Now I might have to repurchase when this is gone. :ohwell: :yep:

oneastrocurlie

Hits:
Bobeam ACV shampoo bar

On the fence:
Komaza Care protein strengthener - usually when I use a heavy protein like SSI fortifying masque my curls pop. Didn't experience that with this. I'll try again in a month.

Curl Junkie Curl Rehab - made it easy to detangle but there wasn't a wow factor

HH SCM - not great, didn't notice any negative however I'm wondering if it's a contributor to the dry feeling I had taking my twist out down

Miss:
HH BlackBerry Sage - gave my hair a greasy dry feeling.
This bad hair day - I seriously want to rewash and start over but I'm not about that mid week wash life. My whole last wash day was new products.... Bad idea.

Prettiib

Hits:
Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Ouidad Curly Co-Wash
Obia Naturals Twist Whip Butter

Miss:
HH Deep C
The whole Kurlee Belle line
Obia Naturals Coconut Shea Shampoo Bar

Last edited:

cutenss

HIT: CurlyKinks Curlycue Renew

I really, really like this. I have fine, natural strands, and gives me nice moisture. My hair is soft when air-dried. I will reorder this from CurlMart. It is $14.00 for an 8oz jar. That lasts me about 5-6 DC's. It is thick, and smells :lick:. It spreads well on damp hair, so even though I am heavy-handed, I do not use a lot. I am going to test it, using it after a protein DC.

I love the Satin Roots Leave-In as well, so I may try other products. I would like this DC in a bigger jar. And I am willing to pay for it.

MISS: Which is an understatement :rolleyes: Duafe Naturals. DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT order from this vendor, unless you want to give your money away. I placed an order on 11-22, and after 8, yes I said 8 emails, she responded. But still has yet to send my product. Order at your own RISK, and definitely use Paypal

KinkyRN

Hit: hairveda green tea butter. Great for sealing and shine. Wish I had bought more during BF.

hot_pepper96

Hit:

S-curl Lite Version: They have added ingredients like linalool to alot of the other s-curl like products (including the original S-Curl) and I can't use them now because I'm allergic to Linalool. When you seal with oil after S-curl Lite, your edges and nape are left so moisturized, even 8 and 9 weeks post relaxer.

Dark & Lovely Beautiful Beginnings Deep Conditioner: This really isn't a deep conditioner because it only recommends leaving it in for 3 minutes but it is an excellent detangler. To make this more moisturizing, I added honey and steamed for 15 minutes and my hair detangled beautifully after using Phytodensium Masque as my protein treatment.

Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp Relaxer: This relaxer got my hair bone straight, which I'm not really a fan of because my hair is fine but my hair was so soft and mositurized afterwards and is still doing great 3 weeks post. Most importantly I received hardly any irritation from this (only one spot where my sister accidently scratched my scalp with the comb) and I ususally burn with other relaxers. Phyto was the only one I could use and not get irritations/burns but $60 became too expensive. Also side note, I added two tsp of Safflower oil to the relaxer. Why haven't I tried this sooner?!!

Continued Hit:

Silk Dreams Satin Smooth Cream: Really moisturizes my fine hair without being heavy.

Safflower Oil & Hollywood Beauty Dry Scalp Oil: Great oils for sealing and you can you use just a touch of them for a shine serum (regular serums dry my hair out)

Last edited:

Lita

HUGE MISS-

*Poor customer service from certain vendors...I mean LACK of..

*Poor Shipping

*Sorry excuses

*Not being prepared for BF/Cyber Monday

*Still having sales,with unfulfilled orders....The ultimate no no.

*Quality Control issues..Selling half ingredient products..We Know.

Happy Hair Growing!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
HUGE MISS-

*Poor Shipping

*Sorry excuses

Happy Hair Growing!

@Lita

I cannot say Thank You enough for this Post.:lol:

Tell 'em Ms. Lita cause you know they be Lurkin':look:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
HUGE MISS-

*Poor Shipping

*Sorry excuses

Happy Hair Growing!

Ms.Lita

Are you still putting together a Vendor handbook? If so, you should probably have it together before Mother's Day, :yep: That way the vendors have time to implement best practices.

biznesswmn

Hit! - crazy sexy cool curls prepoo

I got it in my curlkit box (october i think) and just tried it.

I like the way it soaked into my hair. I dont usually do prepoos so i am curious to see how my newly washed hair feels, as opposed to the feelg aftr washg dry crunchy hair

image-2914154260.jpg

Last edited:

ronie

Surprise hit: Aveda Brilliant Shampoo--I'm using up my stash (trying to anyway) and hadn't used this in AGES. I was a week and a half behind washing DD's hair and had been using all kinds of gunk to slick down her bun. She needed a deep clean and I thought I'd end up with straw after using this. Turns out her hair was really clean (with a little squeak even) but not stripped at all. It was soft and easy to detangle. I've never seen/felt hair that was squeaky but not stripped. Now I might have to repurchase when this is gone. :ohwell: :yep:

I was about to say something similar about tresseme deep cleanse shampoo. It is a sulfate shampoo which clarifies the hair. However it leaves my hair super soft, no frizz, easy to separate. I always shampoo twice, and i shampoo both scalp and hair ( i know i know, but i love to shampoo my hair). This is a keeper.
They claim that it is safe enough for daily use, and i believe them.

nmartin20

Hey divas sorry for the late start. Post what's working and what's not this month. Hits: Getting a shipping notice from QB an hour after I placed my order Getting everything on my BF list Miss: Waiting on my orders to arrive

Continued hit: Oyin Hair Dew..I paired it with Belle Butters...BAM

NaturallyATLPCH

nmartin20, love that Belle Butters Unveyu Butter! Thinking about ordering another 16 ounce jar. Her butters are great.

Maaaaaaaajor Hits:
Naturally Amari's Ayurvedic Amla-Brahmi Butter
Silk Dreams Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner

Both have made HG status!

curlyhersheygirl

New hit LACE silky aloe curl pudding. This is a wonderful all in one styler and sealer. It has a medium hold but defines my hair very well.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
I tried to find the ingredients of this product, as I'm intrigued, but hit a wall. Could you list the top 5 ingredients pretty please? :)
Thanks in advance!

Hit! - crazy sexy cool curls prepoo I got it in my curlkit box (october i think) and just tried it. I like the way it soaked into my hair. I dont usually do prepoos so i am curious to see how my newly washed hair feels, as opposed to the feelg aftr washg dry crunchy hair

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
CONTINUED HITS:
Affirm 5n1 Reconstructor
SSI's Fortifying Hair Mask
Haitian Castor Oil & ED JBCO
Mizani H20 Night-time
CCs Naturals Hibiscus Leave-In

coyacoy

Hit hit hit!!
DB cocoa whip
HQ 5 day moisture
HQ pineapple coconut lime oil

Miss
LACE naturals brahmi hair masque

*please excuse typos* Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using LHCF

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
MEGA HIT: My Texas Natural Supply Products!

I mix their Creme Conditioner Base and Lotion Base II for an AWESOME DC and use their Lotion Base I as my leave-in.

My hair is full, bouncy, shiny, moisturized, strengthened and defined!

Love, love, LOVE them!

Other MEGA HIT: mixing distilled water, rose water, AVJ and SAA in a spray bottle for an after DC sealant and to prep my hair for my leave-in and sealer!

Continued Hit: sealing with organic palm oil shortening.

werenumber2

New Hits:

As I Am Coconut Cowash
HH Carrot Cake Icing

Continued Hits:

Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
Darcys Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner

I THINK I like Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea leave-in, but I'm going to try it again after I wash tonight just to be sure :lol:

D.Lisha

Hit: Mane 'n Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner-I used this as a "pre-DC" on my Co-Wash day and GIRL LEMME TELL YOU!!! This stuff had my hair feeling like str8 BUTTA (not 'butter'-but BUTTA). And MOST IMPORTANTLY it was only $2.96 at Walmart; I WILL be repurchasing again. SN: Does anyone know where I can purchase this stuff by the gallon? :look: (lol)

2nd Hit: Finger Detangling- Now, I know this method may be old to some, but it's definitely new to me! After watching a detailed youtube video on this method, I tried it out myself and the results were nothing short if AMAZING. I honestly think I lost 1-3 shed hairs out of each section that I finger detangled. (Note: I de-tangle in 4 sections every other night)