December 2013 Hits & Misses

curlyhersheygirl

Hey divas sorry for the late start. Post what's working and what's not this month.

Hits: Getting a shipping notice from QB an hour after I placed my order
Getting everything on my BF list

Miss: Waiting on my orders to arrive

Beamodel

HIT Happy Nappy Honey Pink Hibiscus DC This DC is seriously chocked with oils and butter (no water). I think this DC will work best for naturals or those who are relaxed and want to stretch.

Detangling was "ok" u prefer much more ease but it still worked out.

I'm relaxed and it had my new growth poppin. It's too heavy for my fine hair so going forward, I will mix this with another DC to obtain desired results. I had to cowash this DC out bc my strands were too covered with oils and butter. I also intend to use this as a sealer on my ends.

Will I repurchase it again... YES

Last edited:

Lita

Hit's-
*Black Friday/Cyber Monday..All the way...

*Vendors upping their game..Yup.

Miss-
*HH 'issues going way far to the left'..WoW.

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Ogoma

Hit:
-Having fun hanging with LHCF BF/Cyber Monday shopping
- Looking forward to trying new products

Miss:
- Waiting for products to ship
- Regret I did not just stick to my list

cutenss

MISS: Not being to spend much on the sales, because we are moving the first of the year. And we are buying a house full of new furniture. I know that is a HIT as well, but I am a product junkie :look: And they were some really yummy :yep: sales going on.
Waiting for a shipping notice from Duafe Naturals. I ordered on November 22. I understand the busy season, but :swearing:

HIT: Finally getting a bonnet worthy of my silky strands. And on sale from BF/CM sales.
Having two natural beauty supply stores, in my area, that sell products that I can pick up later :)

EnExitStageLeft

Lita

I have the coco tree, but I keeping that for the summer. Also, I have AV its my beloved PUR whipped.

If there is anything else you're interested in just let me know.

prettyinpurple

Got my BonBons Cheveux bonnets. They are cute and well-made. I have a regular one and the dc'ing one (hard candy).

I should have gotten extra roomy or the drawstring option for the sleep one. If my hair is big, it might not fit under it.

I'm wearing the sleep bonnet. The elastic is tight, I hope it loosens up. It's tight on my forehead and the base of the back of my head.

I did wash my hair tonight but I didn't use the hard candy bonnet. The elastic stops right before the rim and elastic part. I'm finishing up some disposable caps. The plastic lining looks nice and thick on the bonnet. I usually have face mask/treatment on while my hair is dc'ing, so I was worried that it would get on the bonnet. But I think it will be okay if I pull the bonnet farther back on my forehead.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
The "LOC " method using

L , NBD Nectar Leave in
O, Palm Christi Castor oil
C, QB Burdock Root Buttercream

It's foggy in my area of NJ so my hair is extra moist.

prettyinpurple

The elastic on my BonBons bonnet was too tight last night. I was happy to take it off this morning. Sigh why didn't I get the drawstring one instead? I'll have to catch another sale for drawstring (prob w/extra roomy option) or try another vendor.

I think I'll sell it on the exchange forum.

I'll keep the hard candy one. I'll be fine since it's only for dc's.

Anyone know other vendors that sell drawstring bonnets?

ETA: If I order from BonBon again, I'll get one without an bow and with the shiny material on the inside. It is too shiny for me and the bow is cuter on the model than me lol.

Last edited:

KinkyRN

That stuff is pretty good. Not cold enough for me to break out the pomaded and butters yet.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Glad that I ordered another one during the black Friday sale. My hair has been super dry from coloring and this stuff seems to do the trick.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
KinkyRN Almond Glaze is great for sealing. It's just like that good ol grease your mama used to use...but smells way better. :lol:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
The elastic on my BonBons bonnet was too tight last night. I was happy to take it off this morning. Sigh why didn't I get the drawstring one instead? I'll have to catch another sale for drawstring (prob w/extra roomy option) or try another vendor.

I think I'll sell it on the exchange forum.

I'll keep the hard candy one. I'll be fine since it's only for dc's.

Anyone know other vendors that sell drawstring bonnets?

ETA: If I order from BonBon again, I'll get one without an bow and with the shiny material on the inside. It is too shiny for me and the bow is cuter on the model than me lol.

prettyinpurple, I STAN for EboniCurls bonnets, there's no elastic. She uses drawstrings, so you can adjust it for comfort. Also, they are roomy.

They stay on while sleeping and it's comfortable. In addition, there's no tugging or rubbing on your edges, hairline, or nape. Ebonicurls.com

ETA: I ordered a hard candy from Bonbons Cheveux to test drive, during the BF sale.

ETA2: All of Eboni Curls bonnets are double lined.

Last edited: