JULY Hits&Misses

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
One purchase - I can't believe it!

HIT:
Rusk Sensories Apricot and Sunflower Moist Shampoo and Conditioner

Miss:
EQP Oil Recovery - this made my hair so hard! I was surprised because this used to to work very well for me but this month it has been a HUGE miss. :ohwell:

MonaLisa

Allandra said:
* hits *

NTM Creme Lather Shampoo

NTM Daily Deep Conditioner

This is quite pleasing to the ears of the Neutrogena Corporation and the rest of the gang...:lol:

Nice to see some fellow NTM heads up on the thread this month.

I'll throw in my revisited hit: Capilo Sole & Cinnamon...did the job, I needed it to do (on dry hair as a pre poo treatment)

miracle

miracle said:
Hit:
Tropical Bano De Crema Milk's Protein Intensive Conditioner Cream

No Misses

Adding Hits:
Ultra Sheen Kids Curl Release Balm--:love: :love: this stuff!!!! I'm making it my staple gel!!!!

Africa's Best Organics No-Lye Relaxer (Regular)
(Just used this last night and was hesitant & worried because I'm a huge Soft & Beautiful fan. I went to three stores trying to find a Soft & Beautiful Regular Relaxer with no luck (the stores only had the Coarse formula stocked), so I got tired and crossed my fingers on the Africa's Best. To my surprise....I got GREAT results!!! My hair is super silky, soft and shiny with beautiful bounce. :up: :) :up: I'd definitely use this relaxer again!!!!)

Last edited:

TrulyBlessed

Hits:
Hairever I Scalp Cleansing Treatment (recommended for those seeking a scalp tingle)
Hairever II Scalp Tonic
Pretreatment with Olive Oil and Lekair Cholesterol (pink)
Scalp Massages!! (with jojoba oil or Hairever II)
Kids Organic Shea Butter Detangling Lotion
Ampro "Brown" Gel (yes sir!..the only gel that resisted severe humidity-used a spray moisturizer before applying)

Misses:
Aura Pomade-defines the waves and lays the hair down for a few minutes before poofing up again-works better for twists

deedabug

oh i forgot

ssld--i dont know about this...its a lil bit less tight...i have used it with vit. e gel and water or ssf activator cream and water...it works better with vit. e gel and water...

i aint met a thing yet that could loosen up my curls lol

A_Christian

Hits:

-Asha's "Roots" Scalp Stimulating Serum...Has a nice floral fragrance, it's helping my hair gorw very fast & definitely seems to keep shedding to a minimum. This is a product that is truly living up to it's claims for me.

-Peppermint Oil, Rosemary Oil, Lavendar Oil, Ylang Ylang, & Sweet Almond Oil...The Peppermint & Rosemary give an awesome scalp tingle & the others make for a good scalp massage

Misses:

-Products that contain any type of parabens (which seems to be most products) I'm going through my products and throwing the bad stuff away, the only product in my staples list which contains a paraben now is KeraCare Humecto (I haven't been using the KeraCare Essential Oils for a while).

Thanks to everyone who posted those articles about harmful ingredients in hair and skin care products.

CarLiTa

I haven't bought much...

Hits:
-Pure avocado oil + sweet almond oil mix
-Suave Humectant

So-so:
-NTM Silk Touch Leave-in... i haven't seen what's so great about it... my Motions moisturizer worked as well, if not better, and it was less expensive, i'll go back to it, i think :look:

Miss:
-CON Ultra-moisturizing shampoo... the regular one seems to work better for me... go figure

taraglam2

HITS

GIOVANNI Direct Leave-In
JASON All Natural Biotin Shampoo
LOREAL UNFRIZZ Smoothing Treatment / LUST --Tried last month liked it----tried again just to make sure---love it ! A definite keeper--Going to Sally's to "stock up".
VO5 Replenish & Refresh Jasmine & Aloe Conditioner

MISSES
Tring to air-dry hair and then put in bun :ohwell:

angellazette

HIT:

Black Castor Oil
Sulfur Oil mix
Using Pantene Frizz Down as leave in

Misses:

CON
Motions Moisture Plus (my hair was so dry after using these two ugh)

Verdict still out:

John Frieda Awapuhi shampoo

Ronda123

Hits:
Beyond The Zone Noodle Head
NTM Silk Leave-in
Salon Selectives Loosely Defined (finally found this product)

Misses:
None

LiqueXX

natalied said:
HITS:

Black n Sassy Carribean Leave-in - makes my hair feel oh so soft

Co-signing on this and adding:

MTG-the raves are true, I have had mad new growth. You have to try it to believe it.

goldensugar23

hits:
herbal essences con for Dry/Brittle/Color-Treated Hair-i really slept on this,it made my hair like butter..i think my hair silently said"well its about time!"

adding evoo,honey to conditioner and heating it up as a pre-poo or heat treatment-good boost for those bad hair weeks. :D

misses:
ors replenishing pack-did nothing for me
cantu shea butter leave in-made my hair dry weird and heavy.(maybe i used to much)

jury still out:
ors olive oil creme-it was a bit heavy on my hair..maybe i should use it with heat like it suggests ;) .
moisture milks strawberry and cream shampoo-it didnt really make it that soft but its cleansed it with out making it dry..and wow the smell,just yummy!

Last edited:

Ms Red

Hits:
*Sta So Sof Spray
*Water + Grease= Waves for days :)

Misses:
*Vitapointe
*Sulfur 8 :ohwell:
*Nexxus Therappe sucked!

Rediscovered Hits:
*Elasta QP Recovery

Didn't do a lot of product shopping this month and laying off heat. ;)

miracle

miracle said:
Originally Posted by miracle
Hit:
Tropical Bano De Crema Milk's Protein Intensive Conditioner Cream

No Misses

miracle said:
Adding Hits:
Ultra Sheen Kids Curl Release Balm--:love: :love: this stuff!!!! I'm making it my staple gel!!!!

Africa's Best Organics No-Lye Relaxer (Regular)
(Just used this last night and was hesitant & worried because I'm a huge Soft & Beautiful fan. I went to three stores trying to find a Soft & Beautiful Regular Relaxer with no luck (the stores only had the Coarse formula stocked), so I got tired and crossed my fingers on the Africa's Best. To my surprise....I got GREAT results!!! My hair is super silky, soft and shiny with beautiful bounce. :up: :) :up: I'd definitely use this relaxer again!!!!)

Adding Another Hit!!!: :yep:
Surge Ultra Max--I've been using this on my hair as my moisturizer, and I'm falling in love with it. :love: Perfect "whipped" texture and doesn't weigh my hair down at all. I'm lovin' the sheen that it gives!!! :up: :up:

CookieLAD

simplycee said:
Miss:
EQP Oil Recovery - this made my hair so hard! I was surprised because this used to to work very well for me but this month it has been a HUGE miss. :ohwell:

Huge miss for me too! I'm throwin' this stuff out!

Hit: NTM Serum

Honi

There is no board.
Miss: Tresseme's Detangle leave in conditioner. Felt good going on but dried my hair to a crisp.

Last edited:

jellynote

HITS

NEXXUS BOTANIOL HAIR SHAMPOO
NEXXUS HUMECTRESS CONDITIONER
NEXXUS KEHAPIX TREATMENT
CHI TURBO CERMAICS FLAT IRON
SHAMBOOISE'S HAIR CARE REGIME
ION ANIT FRIZZ BLOWDRYING TREATMENT
DUDLEY'S CREAM PRESS
DUDLEY'S FANTASIC BODY SETTING LOTION
DUDLEY'S TOTAL CONTRAL SPRAY
MAC COSMECTICS

NO MISSES:)

HIT - NTM Silk Touch

Miss - Dominican Honey & Milk Rinse -- waay too much alcohol. I felt like I spraying perfume on my hair after my nice moisturizing treatment. It took all the softness away.

sassyhair

Hits-

Cantu shampoo, conditioner,oil sheen, and leave-in
Black n sassy bounce n swing creme wrap
Pure shea butter
DUDU_OSUN black soap

Misses-

NONE

isawstars

Hits:
Profectiv's Healthy Ends
MNT's Deep Moisturizing Conditioner
Lustersilk's super detangling cholesterol with aloe vera

Misses:
Pink's hair dressing
Surge 14

Chaya

Huge hits~~
Syntonics Botanical Moisturizing Detangling Shampoo with carrot oil-
This shampoo takes the cake all over all shampoos including motions, con and
keracare detangling conditioner and the price is RIGHT!!!! This has to be the
best shampoo I have ever used in life. This is a staple for me now!!!

Essations Super Charged Conditioner- This is my new deep conditioner above all!
This conditioner makes my hair super soft and gives it super slip!
I will never stray!!!

secretdiamond

BIG HIT:

Cream of Nature Shampoo - Green Label

I FINALLY got it!!!! Oh CON, where have you been all my life?!!!! By far, hands down, the BESTEST shampoo I've EVER used!!!!! Even better than conditioners I thought loved!!!!!! I am soooo happy about this b/c I have combatted dryness for so long and just thought that this was how my hair was going to stay.

I got a Dominican blow out 2day and when the stylist was washing my hair, I saw her staring hard at the shampoo and then staring back at my hair back and forth. Then she said, "oh is this a shampoo and conditoner?" I said "yes" and she was like "wow.. no wonder... b/c I'm washing your hair, but it feels soooo soft." I just smiled :)

Not only that... usually when they are combing my hair out with their fine-toothed tail combs for the rollerset, they are yanking and yanking away-- even if I had just done a deep moisturizing conditioning treatment. Today was like a miracle. Not ONE strand of hair came out and the comb went smoothly thru my hair. I couldn't believe it!! I know it's the CON b/c I purposely told her not to put a separate conditioner just so I could see the difference. And what a difference it was!!

Thank you ladies for the recommendation & saving my hair!!!!!!!!!! :kiss:

Tanelions

Hit
Aussie Root to Tip Conditioner, Good DDA replacment.

Revisited
Suave Clarifying conditioner. After remembering a few ladies say sometimes they had to try a product at least twice. I decided to try it again. It worked much better this time. Not a tangled mess this time.

Misses
none

kombov_dymond

HITS
------
Apretadora(shedding)
White Rain Energizing Citrus Con(COs)
Ponytail method for airdrying
Vitapointe

MISSES
-------
NONE so far