JULY Hits&Misses

A_Christian

More Hits:

-Kemi-Oyl...Good for light moisturizing, doesn't weigh my relaxed hair down

-Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo...Gives an awesome scalp tingle, I still felt the tingling sensation on my scalp long after rinsing all of the shampoo out of my hair and scalp and I rinsed for a very long time to make sure I got all of it out.

-The following combination: applying a generous amount of Dudley Creme Protein to Dry Hair, leaving it on for 10-15 minutes with no heat followed by shampooing with Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo.

Next, conditioning with Avalon Organics Tea Tree Scalp Treatment Conditioner (all of Avalon Organics Conditioners are Paraben Free)! I got more slip with this combination than I do with Humecto! No tangles whatsoever.

It could be because I'm only 3 weeks post touch-up so I'd have to wait until I'm 16 or 18 weeks post before I'd make Avalon my staple conditioner. It's nice to have found a paraben free conditioner with slip.

Dudley Creme Protein does have paraben though so I hope that I would still get the same amount of slip with just the Paul Mitchell Shampoo & Avalon Organics Conditioner. I'm just trying to use the Creme Protein up & don't plan to repurchase.

Last edited:
Hits:

S-curl-works wonders on my 8 week post relaxer new growth
Elasta QP mango butter-a miracle for my dry ends
ORS Aloe Shampoo and Deep Conditioner-Shampoo cleans well without stripping, conditioner gives good slip

Mixed review:

Motions Oil Moisturizing Relaxer in mild-no breakage, but my hair reverts too quick and it burns my scalp

A_Christian

sassyhair said:
I really need to get that Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo.

Get it! Get it! :lol:
It made my scalp feel great and it didn't make my hair feel dry or stripped of all of its moisture like shampoos usually do.

jasmin

Essations Super Charged Conditioner- This is my new deep conditioner above all!
This conditioner makes my hair super soft and gives it super slip!
I will never stray!!!

Where can this be purchased? Irbys only have the positive conditioner.

Allandra

sassyhair said:
I really need to get that Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo.
Yeah, it's good stuff. I'm at the bottom of my clarifying shampoo, and I need to get a new one. I may go back to PM TT Shampoo as well.

sassyhair

Allandra said:
Whatever it is, it gets my scalp nice and clean. :)

See what yall made me do...

I went out and bought the generic version of the tea tree shampoo, couldnt stop there so I bought that jamaican mango and lime Island oil.

I will give a verdict in a few weeks.

Are we gonna start the Aug. hit or misses in the beginning of Aug. or the end?

mkstar826

supersonic
hits:
jamaican mango & lime locking gel
ACV rinse
tea tree eo

revisted hit:
aubrey organics green tea clarifying shampoo

no misses...

NewlyNature12

Camille429 said:
Re-evaluated Hit:
NTM Serum

New Hit:
Salerm 21
L'Oreal Color Pulse in Electric Black

Miss:
Doo-Grow

Also, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus left my hair silky smooth and smelling like Mangos...Love it!

cocopuff

HITS

Oyin Whipped Pudding as a pre-shampoo treatment- Worked like a charm. I will need to stock up on this when the website reopens.

Loreal Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme- I was skeptical about this but it actually worked pretty well. It made my hair extremely soft and the coils of my hair were more defined.

Kids Organics Gro-Stong Triple Action Growth Stimulating Therapy- I love this product, it's like a grease but it's not too greasy and it smoothes down my hair nicely.

Aura Rosemary Rinse- I really like this stuff and will continue to buy it. The consistency is creamy and is easy to work into my hair and it gives a little tingle to my scalp.

Vo5 Moisture Milks Honeydew Smoothie Condiitoner

MISSES

None

Last edited:

Iansan

Mega Hit:

BBD Flat Iron Lotion used for a blowout. Shiny, Silky, Bouncy, Frizz Free, Freshly Relaxed Looking Hair!

Miss:
Sedal Anti Sponge/Silicone Mix. Might Revisit Again.

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
buttafly said:
Mega Hit:

BBD Flat Iron Lotion used for a blowout. Shiny, Silky, Bouncy, Frizz Free, Freshly Relaxed Looking Hair!

Miss:
Sedal Anti Sponge/Silicone Mix. Might Revisit Again.

The anti-sponge and silicon mix didnt do anything for you? What do you think happened?

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
Hits:
Capilo Sole and Cinnamon (like the Big Red gum and helps with shedding)
Capilo Silk Worm conditioner (soft hair for me for days. I can't stop touching my hair)
Sedal Anti-Sponge leave-in conditioner (does help with frizz for me)
Sedal Verano Leave-in conditioner (smells great)
The Body Shop Honey conditioner (smells great and left my hair soft and fluffy)

Iansan

vikkisecret said:
The anti-sponge and silicon mix didnt do anything for you? What do you think happened?

It did make my hair soft, but my blowout didn't last. I am six weeks post relaxer and have been using MTG, and I have a lot of newgrowth. I was almost tempted to relax but after using the BBD flatiron lotion, I think I can stretch for another six weeks easy.

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
buttafly said:
It did make my hair soft, but my blowout didn't last. I am six weeks post relaxer and have been using MTG, and I have a lot of newgrowth. I was almost tempted to relax but after using the BBD flatiron lotion, I think I can stretch for another six weeks easy.

Oh ok...I was thinking about trying that one or one of the others that they have. I'm not really sure yet. So the BBD Flat iron cream worked well for you?? R u relaxed or natural?

Iansan

vikkisecret said:
Oh ok...I was thinking about trying that one or one of the others that they have. I'm not really sure yet. So the BBD Flat iron cream worked well for you?? R u relaxed or natural?

I am relaxed 4a/4b. The BBD Flat Iron lotion is the best, my hair is still straight and silky despite the humid weather. I get my hair washed and set and use the BBD growth stretch creme as a leave in. After the rollers are taken out, I have my hair blown out with the flat iron lotion.

MissB

Hits:

Hobe Avocado Oil
Hobe Grapeseed Oil
Sophia's Old Fashioned Hair Grease
Paul Mitchell Super Strong Daily Shampoo
Paul Mitchell Super Strong Daily Conditioner
Myhoneychild Type 3 and 4 Hair Cream

SilkyandSmooth

I have only tried one new product and that's Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner. It is is a big hit. It makes my hair look and feel so good. Plus, the smell is yummy. I also bought the Elucence Shampoo but haven't used it yet.

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
buttafly said:
I am relaxed 4a/4b. The BBD Flat Iron lotion is the best, my hair is still straight and silky despite the humid weather. I get my hair washed and set and use the BBD growth stretch creme as a leave in. After the rollers are taken out, I have my hair blown out with the flat iron lotion.

ok that sounds good buttafly! As soon as a get my hands on some loot the BBD Stretch and the flatironing lotion will definantly be on top of my to buy list.

HITS: Daily Defense Ginsing Boost (Conditioner also discontinued w/DDTA)

REVISITED HITS: Paul Mitchell's Instant Daily Moisturizing Conditioner (gave me great detangling w/slip and softness)

deeplyrooted

HIT
* TIGI Bed Head Manipulator Conditioner...LOVE this stuff. I'm mad that the girl working at Regis told me that they're going to discontinue the product soon, which is why they put it on sale. :-(

MISSES
* NONE...yes!!! I've pretty much figured out what does and doesn't work for me.

isawstars

deeplyrooted said:
HIT
* TIGI Bed Head Manipulator Conditioner...LOVE this stuff. I'm mad that the girl working at Regis told me that they're going to discontinue the product soon, which is why they put it on sale. :-(

MISSES
* NONE...yes!!! I've pretty much figured out what does and doesn't work for me.

it seems like they're always discontinuing products... i wonder why