June 2018: Hits & Misses

sunflora

Flowah Powah
Miss: Not Your Mother's Royal Honey and Desert B.S leave-in conditioner

I could not for the life of me figure out why the bottle kept slipping out of my hand every time I went to spray some, and then realized that it was slippery than oil - except for when it was in my hair. And I'm very light-handed with product. I liked that it didn't have much of a scent, and was the perfect consistency of leave in for my hair type, but my brush was sliding out of my hand and I had to rub my hands and the bottle off on a towel after each section I braided. We'll see if my morning hair redeems it, but I'm literally angry about getting put in such a slippery situation. :look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Initial Hit:
Koils By Nature's Mango & Mint Detoxifying Conditioner (Activated Charcoal and Rhassoul Clay).

*Very nice clay conditioner. I used it as a Cleanser, but could see how it is marketed as a Conditioner. Non-intrusive fragrance. Comes in a bottle - a charcoal color. Very Nice. Could easily detangle with it, etc.....

Koils By Nature doesn't get much love here anymore like it use to, but it is a Nice, Solid Line and I've loved everything I've ever purchased from them.

Great Customer Service and Fast Shipping. I had x2 of these conditioners but swapped one and will definitely reup on this conditioner, during the next Sale.

The consistency kind of reminds me of a little "looser" SM Purification, but definitely not the scent - I liked the SMP scent, this one doesn't really have a distinguishable scent.

sunflora

Flowah Powah
HIT: Shea Moisture Low Porosity Conditioner and Leave-In

I don't know HOW I slept on this! I know I liked it but I was getting super bored of my wash-n-go sock bun and decided to use these two instead of homemade products. Nothing can give my hair moisture like these, and the minty tingle of the conditioner is what I live for. Probably going to finish out my summer cowashes with these two guys and save my other condishes for light moisture days.

The only thing I don't like is that the scent lingers all day. It's not a bad scent, but it's not one I'd choose to smell like.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
CONTINUED HITS (in no particular order):
My Honey Child's Honey Hair Mask
JMonique Naturals DC'ers as a Pre-Poo Treatment
BeeMine Avocado Creme Rinse
Curls Blueberry & Mint Scalp Tea
Kareco Detangling Brush

PlanetCybertron

Miss:

Some weird synthetic oil blend I bought from the dollar store.

If it isn’t blatantly obvious you get what you pay for. Utter crap. Probably use it to oil my feet or something lol

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Kindheart
I've used the Shealoe Conditioner and the Cocoshea DC'er (both very nice) and use to be a U1B1 Fav.

The Butter(s), the Oil, they had an ACV Rinse and now the Detoxifying Conditioner. Everything I've purchased have been worth it. Really good CS and Fast Shipping.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Initial Hit:
CC's Fermented Rice Water and Hibiscus Hair Mask (ETSY Seller). It's a very thin Hair Mask, but has great slip and detangling properties.

Basically Fragrance-Free because if anybody has ever used RW it stanks. Unfortunately, I used it over a RW Rinse that stanks!

If it rinses out and feels as great as it feels now, this is definitely a repurchase for me.