1. https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/upcoming-changes.849375/
    Dismiss Notice

June 2020: Hits & Misses

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by kxlot79, Jun 1, 2020.

1. BeautifulRoots

BeautifulRoots Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    Hit: herbal essences hydralicious conditioner. Found it in my stash. Wish they didn't discontinue this line so I can repurchase.

Miss: V05 strawberry and cream conditioner. Tried it for the first time as a detangler in the shower. My hair felt like straw the second I put it on, no slip to be found. I had to slather a different conditioner over it to detangle. :-/

2. Lita

Lita Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Continued Hits-

Old school throwback "Doo Gro" liquid leave-in being used as a refresher..

TMC-Heavenly Halo "Moisture Leave-in" perfect on my length when my hair is feeling extra dry.

Happy Hair Growing!

3. shasha8685

shasha8685 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Hits

The Doux Mousse Def Texture Foam: I already love using this stuff for wash and go puffs. This week, I used this product to provide hold for my twist out. I applied it after I applied my leave in and styler then let it dry overnight. This stuff provides the right amount of non-crunchy hold and it's keeping the frizziness down. I swear this product is now a staple in my arsenal!

Melanin Haircare Twist Elongating Style Cream: I used this as a styler for my twist out. I found that this product is very thick ( a little goes a long way!) and works very well with the Melanin Haircare leave in. My hair is free of any flaking! In terms of my twist out, this product gives great definition. I was initially leery of all the butters in the product- especially shea butter because my hair usually doesn't respond to it well- but my hair is feeling moisturized. However, using the product alone (with no additional product to provide hold), doesn't provide lasting definition for me. So, moving forward, I have to use this product in conjunction with The Doux Texture foam.