just a little peeved....

daviine

Okay, so I'm not at work today because I have an 8 page paer due and a 2 1/2 page paper due tonite at 6 which I haven't started. Anyways, I figured since I'll be home, I'll wash my hair. So, I was in the bathroom this morning putting conditioner in my hair when my bf says...."I spoke to a friend who says that if you want your hair to grow...you shouldn't wash it so often."

First of all, I was mad because who told him to discuss my hair obsession with other folks? Secondly, I'm about 98% sure that this person with the advice was his ex-girlfriend---why are you talking to HER about MY hair (obsession)? And lastly you have the damn nerve to pass THAT piece of inforrmation on...I wouldn't even have minded as much if the info was valuable.

If there's one thing I know about my hair, it looks best after a fresh washing and responds nicely to frequent washing. And what the heezy does she know about MY hair?

Anyways, let me rinse this conditioner out and get back to my paper!!!!! I'll try not to peek in here too often.

PracticallyMe

High Powered Lurker
Girl, you know what works for you, so keep on doing it /images/graemlins/wink.gif. But girl, I'm with you. I hate it when people say things like "a friend said..." or "somebody told me...". Especially my husband because he has that bad. I'm like who is your friend or who is somebody. Don't come telling me about what "somebody" said because why is "somebody" an expert. I would have been like, "Oh, how long is your 'friend's' hair?"

pebbles

You're right girl. The last person he should be talking to about your hair is his ex-girlfriend. She needs a clue, and he needs to keep quiet about it. Go on and do your paper and get that A!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ennyaa

*sigh* Sometimes men can just be plumb dumb!! And you know the sad part... they REALLY don't realize it! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Hard to believe but they don't. He probably thought he was helping you. *chuckle* But I would definitely tell him how you feel about him discussin your hair biz with other folks period. You may also want to give him a lil education about how everyone's hair is different and what works for his ex girl Shaqueesha may not work for everyone. lol Sorry I just had to go there. /images/graemlins/grin.gif