Just Tried Aubrey Organics

vtoodler

After months of dilly-dallying, I finally tried Aubrey Organics deep conditioners two weeks ago. At Whole Foods, I bought the GPB conditioner as well as the White Camelia conditioner. I wanted to try the Honeysuckle and Rose conditioner, but they were all sold out.

About the WC Conditioner: Is it just me, or does it seem to lather in your hair? It felt really luxurious, and I like the smell. I'm not sure if it conditioned my hair as much as I would have liked, so I will keep trying other deep conditioners. I want a deep conditioner that will hydrate my hair beyond belief. Yes, I'm greedy.

I love the GPB conditioner's smell, although I'm not sure if I felt a difference in my hair. How is your hair after the GPB conditioner?

I didn't use either product with heat. But, in the future, I'm thinking of using them with heat because they supposedly work better with it.

Also, I purchased Jason's Sea Kelp Shampoo, which I like. It's organic, lathers well, doesn't dry out my hair and smells nice. Nonetheless, I'm greedy and never satisfied -- I want a shampoo that will work even better. I have a list of 6 other shampoos that I want to try.

Last edited:

Charla

AOHSR is on my shopping list for the first time. I did actually bump another one above it to try first, though, Hugo Naturals Smoothing and Defining Conditioner. Ellepixie (denimpixie) showed it on her YT as one of her favs, and it sounded interesting. I can't wait to see how it'll act in my hair as a leave-in.

Damaged but not out

after using these products for a over a year I recently decided to follow the directions and use them on dry hair. Big difference, huge positive improvement.

virtuenow

After months of dilly-dallying, I finally tried Aubrey Organics deep conditioners two weeks ago. At Whole Foods, I bought the GPB conditioner as well as the White Camelia conditioner. I wanted to try the Honeysuckle and Rose conditioner, but they were all sold out.

About the WC Conditioner: Is it just me, or does it seem to lather in your hair? It felt really luxurious, and I like the smell. I'm not sure if it conditioned my hair as much as I would have liked, so I will keep trying other deep conditioners. I want a deep conditioner that will hydrate my hair beyond belief. Yes, I'm greedy.

I love the GPB conditioner's smell, although I'm not sure if I felt a difference in my hair. How is your hair after the GPB conditioner?

I didn't use either product with heat. But, in the future, I'm thinking of using them with heat because they supposedly work better with it.

Also, I purchased Jason's Sea Kelp Shampoo, which I positively love. It's organic, lathers well, doesn't dry out my hair and smells delicious. Nonetheless, I'm greedy and never satisfied -- I want a shampoo that will work even better. I have a list of 6 other shampoos that I want to try.

The way the conditioner worked for me had a lot to do with the order I use it and the other products I use along with it. I have to go in a certain order and its certainly not the norm. Its a process or program I had to get down in order to maximize my moisture potential. Perhaps you need to play around w/your program; you may have a unique head of hair like mine.

Did you put the conditioner on your dry hair or after a shampoo? Have you tried it different ways?

vtoodler

I used it on wet hair after shampooing with Jason's Sea Kelp Moisturizing Shampoo.

I may try using it on dry hair. Virtuenow, which Aubrey conditioner(s) do you use, and how do you use them?

I think that I may have a unique head of hair as well.

virtuenow

I use Aubrey Organics GPB or HSR and I do it on dry hair. Or, and heres the kicker, pre-poo dampened hair w/a special mix (of aloe vera juice/castor/jojoba combo & coconut oil slathered on top)

mEmYSELFaNDj

I love both GPB and HSR! I use them on dry hair(well not completely dry, I spritz my hair with a little bit of water first, probably only like 2-3 squirts of water to each of my 4 sections) then I apply my plastic cap. Keep it on for a couple hrs while Im doing household work/cooking and then get under the hooded dryer for an hour or the steamer for 20 minutes. Then rinse it whenever I have time.

Bnster

Hummm. Last weekend I purchased AO HSR. You are making me thinking to try it on dry hair first. I will see and report back how I used it and it works for me when I wash this weekend.

Last edited:

Bublin

The instructions say to use AO conditioners on dry hair, which is what i do but are you ladies deep conditioning again after you shampoo, just rinsing with a condish and is the shampoo is your last step?

Ronnieaj

I love WC and GPB, but I'm just not a dry hair DC'er. I use it on freshly washed hair under my steamer for 15-20 minutes, and get excellent results. If I ever have to use only two conditioners for the rest of my life (heaven forbid!!), it would be those two.

vtoodler

I love WC and GPB, but I'm just not a dry hair DC'er. I use it on freshly washed hair under my steamer for 15-20 minutes, and get excellent results. If I ever have to use only two conditioners for the rest of my life (heaven forbid!!), it would be those two.

Ronniea

Do you like HSR conditioner? How did HSR leave your hair?

LoveTheSkinImIn

The HSR has 2 sets of directions. One for a regular conditioning on wet hair that has already been shampoo'ed. As a regular conditioner, for MY HAIR, AOHSR sucked. I tried it on 2 separate occassions and it made my hair feel bad. Then before I completely gave up on it, yesterday I used it as a DC on dry hair. D I V I N E. I'm in love with it now. :0)

Poopiedo

I use HSR and GPB under my steamer. Both products are too thick and expensive for me to put it on dry hair because I'm heavy handed with products. Since it doesn't have slip, I tend to use too much. Also I just don't like putting conditioner on dry hair even though the bottle suggests it.

At first I didn't care for Aubrey because the smell was a turn off, but now I love it and the smell is tolerable. I'm slowly getting rid of my stash of other conditioners with cowashing.

All I need is Hair One, Aphogee and AO and I'm good.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Aubrey Organics products are my baby daddies!!!!!!!!

I use on dry hair with a steamer. I see my sister-wife (LMAO) Virtue has been here already. lol

vtoodler, try it again before writing them off. I tried GPB when I first went natural and HATED IT. I didn't follow the directions; I used it on wet hair, no heat. Yuck. Now, I pre-poo with Vatika, apply in sections, and steam. My fine hair is so much stronger, thicker, and healthier... It's amazing. Now if AO still doesn't work for you, put those babies up on the swap forum. lol

vtoodler

I don't understand how you can use it on dry hair.

Don't you need to wash your hair beforehand so that it is clean?

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I'm glad I dropped in. I have/tried AOHSR and GPB and I didn't see what all the hype was about. :nono: I switched back to my staples. But, I didn't even think to read the directions to know that they should be used on dry hair. I'll try that tonight. Thanks!

yorkpatties

I don't understand how you can use it on dry hair.

Don't you need to wash your hair beforehand so that it is clean?

Some prefer to condition THEN shampoo after. I had a stylist who would do this on my hair with good results. But it was her "secret recipe".

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
Why have I never tried this on dry hair? I always like them just ok after washing my hair but might just have to try this dry hair thing.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
These are my new staples -- I use them on dry hair (as I do all my DC's) and they are fantastic! Dry DC'ing is the best (imo)!!!

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
White Camellia conditions my hair like no other. It works well for me on both freshly shampooed and dry hair.

I.FRIGGIN.LOVE.IT!!!

vtoodler

White Camellia conditions my hair like no other. It works well for me on both freshly shampooed and dry hair.

I.FRIGGIN.LOVE.IT!!!

When you use the WC conditioner, does it seem to lather as you put in your hair?

Has anyone else noticed this?

Damaged but not out

^only if my hair is wet

WC especially should be used on dry hair, I finally understood the hype after a dry dc

I wash my hair(usually at night), oil rinse over night( or however long ) air dry and then dc.

Kimiche

I've been using White Camellia on dry hair lately and I really like it. It actually feels like my hair is being conditioned and it feels nice when I wash it out.

StarScream35

I have to agree with virtuenow...........it's all about playing around with the order of conditioners. I finally got around to doing co-washes and by the way, my hair LOOOOOOOOOOOOVEs it. BUt still I had to experiment with the order in which I used them. I have porous hair so I co wash starting with Roux Porosity Control conditioner, Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle conditioner and finish off with PhytoJoba. I use Organics Mayo Liquid Leave In and seal with Castor Oil. Voila.............perfection! EVen the nape of my hair likes it and that is the toughest area to moisturize.

mstk

When you use the WC conditioner, does it seem to lather as you put in your hair?

Has anyone else noticed this?
I noticed this as well. I used AO WC for the first time last weekend. At first I thought I hadn't rinsed out my shampoo completely, so rinsed again and re-applied conditioner and it happened again. My hair still felt conditioned afterwards though.