Aubrey Organics Review...

dreamgurl

I tried their GPB shampoo, and I'm not so sure I was impressed as I thought I would be. Maybe because their GPB conditioner is absolutely amazing. The shampoo left a waxy kind of feel to my hair that wouldn't wash away. It didn't lather very well either, so I had to use another shampoo to get rid of that waxy feel and the tangles /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Afterwards, I applied the GPB conditioner, and of course, it did the trick. Although, I felt I needed a little moisture this time (maybe because I felt the GPB shampoo was too stripping), so after the GPB conditioner was rinsed out, I applied a little of my Wella Flash Flood to my hair and ohhh, ahhh, what moisture /images/graemlins/lick.gif. I do want to try another shampoo from their line but don't want to keep wasting my money...sooooo, does anyone have any recommendations of an AO shampoo that will give a decent amount of lather and won't dry the hair leaving tangles? Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

B

ballet_bun

I almost felt the same way about the GPB shampoo. I'm almost wondering if it sould be used as a clarifier instead.

dreamgurl

I felt like maybe it was supposed to be used as a clarifying poo after I bought it...not exactly what I wanted though...and certainly not a clarifying poo with a waxy feel...how clarifying can that be? /images/graemlins/antlers.gif

sengschick

The Bun Master
I'm sure most of their poos are low sudsing b/c they don't use chemical agents that increase suds (SLS, ALS, etc). I think a light lather should be expected. High lather doesn't insure more thorough cleansing, just more suds /images/graemlins/look.gif. Less lather typically leaves more moisture in the hair, by leaving some of it's natural oils /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

dreamgurl

You're absolutely right sengschick...I don't expect too much lather from AO and don't fall into the hype that if a shampoo has a lot of suds, that it's cleaning the hair more.
I just didn't expect the waxy film it left behind, nor the strip. I dunno, I felt like I might run across one that gave a tiny bit more lather and was somewhat moisturizing at the same, but not too moisturizing, because I have somewhat oily hair and scalp and I don't want to leave a buildup, but then, I don't want my hair tangly and stripped from a total clarifying shampoo. Did I lose you? /images/graemlins/look.gif

B

ballet_bun

[ QUOTE ]
I absolutely LOVE AO's Sea Buckthorn and Egg poo. It's moisturizing on my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they stopped making this. I'd love to try it too!