Just Tried Aubrey Organics

Bajanmum

STOP. the. press!!!

I thought I loved HSR, but I've just tried Island Naturals and this time I'm head over heels, absolutely fabulously, most definitely in love with it.

It has some protein in, not sure if there's as much as GPB. I used it on dry, finger detangled hair and my strands are softer and stronger and still detangled I didn't have to do it again in the shower. Oh, and on the bottle it claims to define curls and I thought 'Yeah but not on a 4a/b napptural head like me'. Well I was wrong.

There are COILS, People!!!!

C
U
R
L
Y
C
O
I
L
S.

Real CURLY COILS. Is that possible? I didn't think so till now.
Anyhow, this is the new staple I'm taking with me in the shower. It's a keeper.
After that review...Did you have any doubt? :giggle: :lachen:

Ronnieaj

@Ronniea

Do you like HSR conditioner? How did HSR leave your hair?

Hey, vtoodler,

I found out that I like the WC better than the HSR. HSR is thicker than WC and I personally found it more difficult to spread through the hair. Now, I have tried HSR on dry hair and the result was very nice :yep:. I find that I like my conditioners to be more malleable than HSR is.

Oh, and Bajanmum, Island Naturals is great, isn't it?!? I am a fan of that conditioner as well, but I just have to be careful with almond anything due to allergies.

faithVA

Hey, @vtoodler,

I found out that I like the WC better than the HSR. HSR is thicker than WC and I personally found it more difficult to spread through the hair. Now, I have tried HSR on dry hair and the result was very nice :yep:. I find that I like my conditioners to be more malleable than HSR is.

Oh, and @Bajanmum, Island Naturals is great, isn't it?!? I am a fan of that conditioner as well, but I just have to be careful with almond anything due to allergies.

Thanks for that info Ronnieaj. I have been having a hard time with the HSR. I did try it tonight on dry hair and it was much better. I was at least able to get it out of my hair and off my scalp :lol: It didn't feel amazing but now I feel at least I don't have to throw it away.

I may try WC after I use this up.

Bajanmum

@Bajanmum

Would you mind sharing how you used the conditioner?

@vtoodler . Sure!

As I mentioned, I finger detangled and twisted my hair into fat twists beforehand. It was a bit of a dry, tangled mess. I had been wearing a twistout for two days and I hadn't been twisting back up at night to keep from matting...I know, right? Very bad and very lazy. Also, My hair was in need of some protein, I was moisturising and sealing it nightly. But I would wake up in the morning and it would be still dry as a bone, as if I hadn't bothered.

So I used the AO ISL NATS and slathered it on each open twist before twisting it back up. I kinda noticed a difference as I was putting it on. My strands kinda melted in my hands, I thought I was imagining it to begin with, LOL. I wrapped it plastic wrap and left it on for an hour. Washed it out, shampooed with Isl Nats shampoo and used HSR condish just for a 1 min or 2 afterwards, then acv with rosemary eo. But the softness definitely came from the 1st deep condish, ISL NATs.

WriterGirl

White Camellia is the ISH. I use it after I shampoo under the steamer. It's been my staple since 2008.

melissa-bee

I've just realised it says to put it on damp hair, I've always put it on damp hair after shampooing.
I want to try them on damp hair but I'm afraid of wasting it. Either because I because I seal with heavy butters like shea butter and/or cowash with a lot of cones (Herbal Essences to be exact) so I'm worried that the conditioner won't penetrated as well.

I guess I could shampoo, air dry then apply but my hair will throw a fit if I let it dry without anything on it.

Victorian

old head
GPB is, has been, and will always be the business.

I tend to use it in the winter months when I'm straightening every week and the wind is blustery. Dry hair, plastic cap, heat applied 20-30 minutes. I shampoo and do a quick conditioning with something slippy/glossy afterwards. Perfection.

Embyra

Im really going to have to try this brand huh :ohwell: is the praise strictly for the conditioners and not the shampoos?

Allandra

I've been using Aubrey Organics GPB since 2000. I find this mild protein to be enough for my hair. I've never used a hard core protein, and I have no plans of doing so. This stuff keeps my hair healthy and strong.

WriterGirl

WriterGirl

So you like the WC conditioner better than the Honeysuckle and Rose?

vtoodler I'm still transitioning and only have about 6 inches of natural hair and 9 inches of relaxed.

My natural hair seems to like the HSR, the relaxed not so much. :lol:

I do use GPB when I want a light protein.

You really can't go wrong with any of them.

qchelle

I don't think my current dc is really moisturizing like I need it to. So I'm going to stop by WF today and go on an AO spree lol.

ajargon02

I used to use ag before the ingredient change. I tried it after with heat and haven't been impressed.
Eulence (sp?) moisture balance shampoo and conditioner are great for moisture and dc even though the dc is not it's intended use. Luv naturals conditioner is also very good. Both are pH balanced and leave my hair soft and silky feeling even after it's dry. Keracare humecto shampoo and dc are great too. Lots of slip for the dc, pH balanced, and leave my hair feeling very soft.