Regimen Library-Let's post our regimens here

keylargo

Regimen Library-Let\'s post our regimens here

If you already have your regimen posted somewhere, please copy and paste it here so we can have all regimens in one place.

I'll start:

I'm currently on a light to no protein regimen for a while. My hair is relaxed 4a/b and neck length
and suffering from dryness due to overuse of protein/reconstructors

*ACV rinse once a week to clarify
*Condition wash every other day rotating Keracare Humecto and Loreal's Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme.
*I sit under the dryer twice a week for 30-45 minutes with the Humecto for a deep moisture treatment
*Leave-in: Biolage, Pantene or NTM Silk Touch
*Light protein once a week: 10 en 1, GPB or Aubrey's Aloe & Jojoba
*Moisturizers: Wildgrowth oil, distilled water mixed with castor,rosemary and jojoba oil and sometimes ORS Jojoba Oil moisturizer.
*Relax every 8 weeks
*No direct heat for as long as I can stand it. I'm currently 2 weeks direct heat free. Current styles are braid-outs and buns/ponytails

MrsQueeny

Re: Regimen Library-Let\'s post our regimens here

*Saturday- hair in 4 braids and wash with Creme of Nature, suave or daily defense.
*Condition with a plastic cap and warm towel for 30 mins to an hour.
Depending on my hair condition I use ion, cholesterol with olive oil, or suave.
*ACV rinse with peppermint oil.
*Detangle with the sally's generic Infusium 23 in a spray bottle.
*Apply profective to my scalp and ends and let my hair dry in the braids.
*Everyday I spray with surge mixed with braid spray and wear a braid out. I also use the hot seven oil on my ends.
*Monday and thursday-co wash with suave or daily defense put in a squirt bottle with water.
*Dust ends daily
*Trim about once a year

I am currently a 4b natural with extremely thick hair. It is about 9 inches.
I usually wear braids for about 4 weeks and let my hair rest for 2 then reapply. When taking out the braids, I mix some conditioner and water in a spray bottle, gently comb out and put in the 4 braids. I mix olive oil and conditioner and pretreat for about and hour before shampooing.

Take care Queneesha

TigerLily

Here's mine!

I shampoo,condition and deep condition once a week.

First, I pre-treat my hair/scalp with a mixture of jojoba oil, coconut oil, olive oil and honey. (sometimes I add castor oil)I put on plastic cap and either wrap a towel around my head or sit under the dryer for about an hour.
Next, I shampoo my hair. I have a variety of products that I use for this, but right now I'm stuck on Kenra!

I deep condition with ORS hair mayonnaise. If the shampoo that I'm using comes with a deep conditioner, then I use that.
Rinse and condition.
I don't towel dry my hair. I put on my leave in with my hair dripping wet (thanks for the tip, Supergirl!

Then, I let my hair airdry. Depending on how much moisture my hair has when it dries, I may apply a bit of coconut oil or Fantasia IC silky gel moisturizer activator in it.

That's it!

Ooops! Forgot something! I put Surge 14 on my hair and scalp when it's damp.

Nanyanika

I’m currently following the crown and glory technique to grow my hair back near waist length and to help stretch touch-ups to twice a year only.

Once a week I shampoo my cornrows with Crème of nature Shampoo /Elasta QP Bodifying shampoo/keracare hydrating detangling shampoo. I add two capfuls of shampoo diluted in a large cup of warm water. On the last rinse I pour cool water over the hair to close cuticles. Alternatively I would just rinse hair with water then add a conditioner without shampooing. I clarify once a month with Pantene or Keracare 1st lather.

Every week, I alternate between different protein conditioners i.e. Motions CPR Treatment Conditioner, Motions Oil Silk Protein Conditioner, ORS Hair Mayonnaise, keracare humecto crème conditioner. Every four weeks I apply an Aphogee treatment over my braids followed by one of the moisturising protein conditioner as mentioned above.

When the braids are almost dry I apply and Surge Revitalizer plus 14 onto scalp area. After airdrying, I saturate cornrows with Lusters S-curl activator then apply Profectiv Breakfree or Elasta QP Mango Butter to the plaits. When almost dry, I apply a generous coating of Wildgrowth hair Oil to seal moisture on the ends.

Subsequently, plaits are gathered up and placed into a plastic cap known as the baggie or twisted round into a bun. To avoid matting I redo sections of hair every four-five weeks.

Every four weeks I apply an Aphogee Treatment for damaged hair over my cornrows to keep my hair strong. I sit under the drier until hard. I follow with one of my moisturising protein conditioners and moisturisers as named above.

My daily routine consists of spraying Surge 14 onto hair and scalp area and spraying s-curl mixture with Motions leave in/Infusium 23. At night i cover my cornrows with plastic cap to keep my hair moist and to aid growth.

Chichi

This thread is a good idea!
I just recently simplified my regimen. Here it is in a nutshell:

Daily -

Vitamins: Bargello plan with 1000 mg of L-Cysteine daily

Weekly -

Conditioner rinse every other day with VO5 Honey and Almond conditioner (or NTM Daily Conditioner)

Wash with NTM shampoo and Deep Mask as a conditioner

Styling: air drying in a bun the majority of the time with braidouts and Dominican blowouts sprinkled in for variety.

Leave-ins: NTM Serum and Silk Touch Leave-in (would like to try Salerm 21...)

Monthly -

The Works! -
Clarify with Pantene Purity clarifYing shampoo followed by KeraCare Moisturizing Detangling Shampoo, followed by Joico K-Pak with heat (for 15-20 minutes) OR Hennalucent treatment (no heat - once a quarter), followed by moisturizing deep conditioner with heat (for 20-30 minutes). (Deep conditioner is Kuz Evolution Cream but will be changing to Avlon's Preservo Chemical Block after next retouch) (This replaces one of my weekly poo washes as described above.)

Leave-ins: same as above

Quarterly -

Relaxer every three to four months with Affirm Fiberguard Lye Mild (starting with next retouch
). Relaxed 60% straight.

As Needed -

Trims: as needed (usually one big trim per year with dustings as needed)

Oils and Grease: Monoi or Alma oils, and Sulfur 8 Light applied as needed. (Sulfur 8 applied to dry hair only and not on my scalp.)

Chichi

LABETT

I deep condition once a week faithfully.
I do conditoner washes at least 3-4 times a week.
I do a hardcore protein treatment every 6 weeks and relax
my hair every 3 months.
I am using no heat just airdrying my hair.
I am using more oils on my hair now along with surge.
I am a product junkie and it and I use lots of different products and my hair loves it.

JuJuBoo

Child of THE King!

I'm on the "minimalist regimen." Every 4 to 5 days I

1. Shampoo twice (Design Essentials Organic Cleanse and DE's Moisture Retention Shampoo)
2. Condition for 5 minutes with Sleek. Look Conditioner (used to be DE's Stimulations. That's good too.)
3. Spray in Surge as blow dry agent.
5. Blow dry with comb attachment. Flat iron with Biosilk Silk Therepy

No more oils and creams.

ccd

Great Thread!!!!

Type 4a

I basically rollerset every 4-5 days, I touch up at the salon wth Affrim Senstive Scalp use to do 7 weeks but now I go 11 weeks ( thats the most I've waited so far)

I wrap my hair the first night or 2 then I just clip it up and scarf. I blow out the roots also, but lately I've left my roots alone until I really feel I need it
( around 6 weeks maybe) but I've been lazy laetly and find that if I wrap my hair after the roller set, the next day my hair falls pretty nicely with out having to blow out the roots.

I really don't do protectibe styles, but when my hair was at my shoulders I did keep it up alot ( not a bun, just clipped up) I find that I pasted the shoulders quickly.

So my product list goes like this:

My Staples:
Matrix Sleek Look poo & Con
Rusk Smoother Leave in texturizing conditioner
IC Fantasia Serum for Color treated hair
Mizani Shyne Spray

PS.recently added NTM serum and I love it more...but I have to finish IC and I might repurchase:)

Deep Conditioner:
10 en 1 ( very thick and hydrating)
11 en 1 (natural products like Garlic, Watercress, etc +stregthens the hair)
Alter Ego Garlic Treatment ( recent purchase GREAT product )
Greit-Oll Capilar Treatment Sabila ( Aloe)
Apretadora Capillar Treatment ( with Cinnomon & Rosemary)
Capilo Conditioner Ballena de Esperma
Hollywood Cholestral Olive Oil
Kera Care Humecto

Protein treatments:

Penetraitt
Aphrogee
Aubrey's GPB
St. Ive Reconstructor

Ok now this is just a sickness.....

Vo5 Cons ( Oasis, Split end Treatment)
St. Ives cond.
Finesse Con.
Agree Con
Lafier Almond Rinse

Tene

I co wash my hair daily and shampoo once a week. I also deep condition once a week. I use a light protein once a week. I do a pre-treat with coconut milk mixed with evoo between 30 mins to an hour before I shampoo my hair. After I co wash I just use my leave-ins and oils and clip my hair up and tie it down with a scarf. I also spray my scalp with surge once or twice a day. The products I use are:

Nexxus Therappe
Nexxus Humectress
Nexxus Keraphix
Suave Tropical Coconut
Suave Milk and Honey
Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat
Biolage Fortifying Conditioner
Biolage Fortifying Leave-in Treatment
Profectiv Healthy Ends
Profectiv BreakFree
Suave Awapuhi
Lustrasilk Cholesterol with Aloe
LeKair Cholesterol
ORS Mayonnaise
Surge Plus 14
Alba Botanica Products
Aphogee Products
Pure and Basic Products
Carols Daughter Products
Giovanni Products

candibaby

Wash Days {Every 10 Days}
Pre-treatment w/ (any) oils and Suave M&H for 30-60 min.
Wash w/ Therappe & reconstruct w/ Keraphix.
Deep Condition w/ Humectress 45-90 min.
Apply Leave In (Headress).
..if i blow dry (not often) I will use LIV/Frizz Ease Relax Straight Forward
..otherwise i will rollerset/wrap/airdry after applying Headress.

I normally conditioner wash with Suave M&H (evoo mixed in it) 5 days after my regular wash. I deep condition then too for about 20-30 minutes.

Daily Care
I apply Healthy Ends or ORS Carrot Oil daily, to the length of my hair.. not just the ends. (if I use Carrot Oil, I'll apply it to my scalp as well)
If I have LOTS of new growth and have a super-hard time combing, I will use Sta Sof Fro.
I apply Blue Magic Coconut Oil to my ends/scalp every now and again too.

Redpoetess1

~SECTION A~
Daily:
1) Oil scalp with ORS carrot oil and lightly use on ends with ELASTA QP Mango Butter
2) 2 scalp massages once at day and once at night.
3) Take vitamins (biotin, amino acids, multi, cod liver oil, vitamin E and Vitamin C.
4) Every other day CO wash with Pantene Intensive moisture Treatment and comb through with WIDE-TOOTH comb.

~SECTION B~
Weekly:
1) Braid hair in 4 plaits
2) Hot oil treatment w/ Kemi Oil or EVOO for 10 minutes.
3) Cleanse with ORS Uplifting shampoo and let sit for 5 minutes.
4) Shampoo with CON and massage scalp.
5) Le Kair's Deep conditioner (under dryer for 60 minutes)
6) Condition with Pantene Intensive Moisture Treatment ( 2 hours without heat ). After washed out, take out braids and comb through hair with wide-tooth comb. Then re-braid while conditioner is still in hair.
7) LIGHTLY towel dry hair and take down braids. Add Elasta QP Mango Butter and ORS carrot oil.
8) Re-braid hair and let air dry.

~SECTION C~
Monthly:
1) Complete all steps above in section B, but use Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor and let sit for 10 minutes.
2) Complete step 1 after Le Kair's Deep Conditioner

keylargo

Foxybronx, I hope you don't mind... I copied and pasted your regimen from the other thread

Foxybronx's regime....

Wash 1x-2x a week, and if a second wash is done during that week it is a condition wash

Pretreatment: When i do them its usually with Razac hot oil mixed with olive oil, honey, and castor oil

Shampoo: Softsheen Breakthru or Aveda moisturizing shampoo

Deep Condition 1x a week with a heat cap for 30-60 minutes, after every wash with Humecto, aveda moisturizing or any type of moisturizing conditoner

I then dilute Razac leave-in with distilled water and Infusium 23 and comb thru

If I wear my hair straight, I use Keracare silk and seal, salerm 21 leave in, and then rollerset under a hooded dryer.
OR
I use the Carolyn Gray ponytail method of airdrying…I apply a castor and wildgro oil on my wet hair and put it into a low ponytail to dry..and then I use Caruso rollers

Or i just airdry in a wash n go, braidout or bun...

Every 2-3 weeks i use a protein condition I use Affirm 5 N1, Dudleys Hair rebuilder, Elucence breakage control serum, motions cpr, or hi pro pac.
Once a month I use Sebastian penetraitt protein. First wash after a perm, 1x the following month, and then the wash before the perm.

Daily: I moisturize 2x-3x a day. I alternate between Motions oil moisturizer, S-Curl no drip, profectiv anti-breakage megamoisturizer, profectiv healthy ends, dudleys pca, wildgro+castor oil, keihls silkgroom, shea butter, ors carrot oil, keracare oil moisturizer, Ors olive oil moisturizer and sheen spray
My hair really loves the s-curl no drip followed by some castor oil

Perm every 3 months with Affirm Lye in Regular for a short amt of time.
Vitamins: Whenever i remember to take them I take 6200 mcg biotin, 500mg panthenthic acid, and 2 GNC ultranourishhair.,

Nightly: I put my hair in a high ponytail, and then fasten a large magnetic roller with roller clips to the ponytail, Sometimes I wrap it with a seamless comb, Or sleep with my hair in a bun. I always sleep with a satin cap.
When I comb my hair I either use the jilbere shower comb or a seamless comb.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4a/b-Relaxed
Touch up every 3 months with Affirm Regular for a 5-10 minutes after application
Last touch up *April 27 2004*
http://photos.yahoo.com/foxybronx

chocolate01

I'm also on a minimalist regimen

Every Sat I:
Wash with Motions lavish conditioning shampoo
Condition with Motions cpr for 5-10 min
Condition with Suave milk and honey to add moisture (lately i've been substituting with Salerm wheat germ mask)

I let my hair "drip dry" (usually takes about 15 min) then apply NTM silk touch leave in followed by a couple sprits of wonder 8 oil

Everyday I massage ORS carrot oil into my hairline and I also put some on my ends to keep them moisturized.

My style most weeks is a bantu knot set. I'll wear that for about 3 days and then swith to a braid out for another 3 and then it wash day again. At night I sleep with a satin scarf.

I relax my hair 3-4 months but im on the six month no relaxer challenge so I won't be getting a relaxer until November. I'm not big on length just health so I trim my hair every 3 months when I relax. If I get the urge I may cut in between those times as well.

BrEE

i wash every week using elucence shampoo, then condition with kenra or nexxus y serum conditioner(ultimate slip). then add leave ins, pantene detangling spray, followed by nexxus headress, then a serum and airdry. i'll moisturize my ends every 2-3 days using rusk smoother then spray oil sheen over it. i usually wear my hair in a pony tail or down.

NGC

Okay - let me warn ya'll now - I am not consistent....

Currently on the lazy girl's regime:

Wash at least once a week:
Elucence MB shampoo
Condition with one of the following (changes constantly) -
Elucence MB conditioner
Redken All Soft Heavy conditioner
Back to Basics Raspberry and ALmond conditioner (I use this with more consistency)

I try to final rinse with Paul Mitchell The Detangler (especially if I need to detangle which I don't do consistently).
I also final rinse with a homemade ACV rinse that includes an infusion of rosemary, levender seed, lemongrass e.o., thyme e.o., levender e.o., cedarwood e.o., and orange e.o.

I use some type of leave in (usually 911). I pull my hair back into a bun and apply a hair oil (either Hairobics or something else).

I apply a shea butter mix to the hair around my edges.

On a daily basis I apply Hairobic's hairdress (not the name but I cna't remember it) or a mix of jojoba oil with peppermint oil.

I sleep in some type of bonnet and scarf every night.

HTH

Eiano

Eiano\'s

Braids: usually keep them in for 2 months at a time. When they come out; the works!!! Deep Condition, Hot Oil, Massage and a dusting.

SInce my hair is natural, I do a conditioner wash about 3-4 times a week with V05. (I go through them in about 2 weeks so I just grab the V05 thats 99 cents. I use African Pride grease.. I pretty much leave my hair alone. That's why it's been growing the past 2 yrs.

BttFlyAngel777

You guys do alot. I am simplified with mine at the moment. I created a gently cleansing shampoo that I am currently using. I wash my hair once a week.

I deep condition with Le Kair Cholesterol..

I am just beginning to use the surge. Day 3 today. So far the product seems very light, has not weighed my hair down and I love it.

My hair isnt relaxed, its natural. I blow dry it after applying Infusium 23(leave in) this is the best leave in around. Press my edges only and either were a ponytail, or one braid down the back.

My hair is soft and manageable. Going to get a relaxed maybe in another month or so. If not Im going to get a ponytail braid style.

My hair length is currenly 2-3 inches from my bra-strap. Will keep the site updates as far as the surge is concerned. I really like this site you guys give me alot of help with different things.

Tip from the day from Growafrohairlong.com. To seal your ends, help with split ends. Place aluminum foil over ends of hair. Flat iron ends with medium heat. If you havent been to this site, check it out. My goal is to have my hair at my waist by Christmas....My daughter too....shes 17.

oglorious1

Mixologist

I'm usually in braids or twists(right now Kinky Twists)

Daily(Morning)

1. Spray scalp with my own mixture of Infusium 23, Surge, and Peppermint Oil

2. Moisturize hair with Aloe Vera Gel(Saniyyah Always brand), and a mixture of Surge Wojee Cream and Salerm 21

Daily (Bedtime)
1. Spray scalp with my own mixture

2. Oil scalp with my own mixture of the following oils: Wild Growth, Amla, Brahmi, EVOO, Jasmine, Peppermint

3. Tie hair up with satin or silk scarf

Weekly

1. Wash and Condition with Suave Passion Flower Shampoo and Conditioner

2. Spray scalp and hair with spray mixture, oil scalp with oil mixture, moisturize with moisture mixture
REFER BACK TO DAILY ROUTINE FOR RECIPE

3. Let hair air dry

Monthly

1. After taking braids or twists down, Shampoo with Surge Shampoo and Parnevu T-Tree Shampoo

2. Deep condition for at least 45 minutes with the following conditioning mix: Motion CPR, EVOO, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Mango Butter, NTM Deep Conditioner, put on plastic cap and do laundry or fold clothes

3. Rinse, Spray with spray mixture, apply WGO or ORS Carrot Oil, Blow dry hair straight

4. Grease scalp with Hairobics All Natural Hair and Scalp Booster

5. Section hair and braid into six big braids, tie hair with silk or satin scarf, go to bed

6. Proceed to stylist next day for another braid and twisting session

zoya_j

bumping this is a good thread. I'm trying to work out a regimen for my hair now. I'll post it at a later date

asummertyme

heeerr's minz...
wash 1-2x weekly...shampooing with infusium moisturising shampoo..or loreal
deep condioton, with evey wash...salerm 21, motions CPR, or nexuss pepermint deep cond.
using infusuim moisture as a leave in..
i like to roller wrap my hair, for me its less shedding..
from now on, it will be protective styling, buns galore...
keeping elasta QP mabo butter on the ends, or my own concoction of butters...also kemi, has a great shea butter that i also use...
i drink 80-100 oz of water daily, exercise 2x a week, dialy multi vit..biotin..GNC hair vit. calcium ...

DahomeyAhosi

1. Wash once a week with any shampoo available (haven't found a good one yet) followed by AO GBP and Sauve milk and honey
2. Moisturize length daily with s-curl and a mixture of the following:3 parts suave milk & honey, 1 part castor oil, 2 parts s-curl, 1/2 part AO GPB
3. Spray scalp daily with surge & s-curl
4. Wear bun 99% of the time
5. Comb daily. Fingercomb rather than use a comb 80% of the time

SouthernGirl

Here is my regimen:

TUESDAYS
1) Shampoo/Condition:
Suave Naturals Milk and Honey or Creme of Nature
2) Apply Surge to Hair and Scalp while detangling
3) Let hair partially airdry, then apply WGO to scalp
4) Apply Salerm 21 to hair/ends
5) Wrap in bun w/satin scrunchie

SATURDAYS
1) All steps the same as Tuesday, only add deep condition with LeKair Cholesteral Conditioner for 1 hour w/plastic cap (no heat)

DAILY
Apply Surge to scalp and ends AM/PM
Wear in bun everyday
Wear satin scarf at night

Special treatments
1) Relax (currently every 3 mos, stretching out to 6 mos)
2) Trims, at each relaxer or as needed
3) Hot Oil (once per month if I can ever find New Era again)
4) Aphogee Protein Treatment: Currently every 6 weeks but I may stop doing this

Vitamins
HF37

Challenges
-Bun
-No Heat
-Bra Strap by 12/31

auntybe

Here's my current one:

1) Wash twice a day with Surge Power Wash
(2) Spray scalp and detangle with Surge 14
(3) Oil scalp and hair with Motion 9 Oil
(4) Smooth Hair line with Garnier Fructis Molding Putty
(5) Oil my ends with Black n'Sassy Triple Gro mixed with Woojee Cream
(6) Pull hair back into "bunnytail"-(hair still short) wrap with Ouidad scruchee to make bun.
(7) Deep condition once a week with Humectress. I was thinking about leaving it on for one hour with a plastic cap on my head--NO HEAT.

Queenie

Wash hair & deep condition/hot oil treatment(coconut/olive oil)1x/wk.
CO washes 3x/week.
Infusium 23 as leave-in after washes.
Moisturize w/coconut,olive, avacado oil mixture daily.
Daily twist outs.

Shampoo:
Nacidit olive oil
Ion moisturizing

Deep Conditioner:
Noruel Honey & Almonds
Noruel Aloe
Rysell Aloe Deep Condtioning Rinse
Ion Effective Care

Cond. Washes:
(A gallon size) moisturizing conditioner from Sally's

InsertCleverNameHere

Conditioner wash once a week (suave) and wash with shampoo when I feel it needs it.

Either slather vaseline on a ponytail and cover with a baggie and put a wig over it OR

slather vaseline on it, cover with a baggie, smooth edges with pomade and put a phonytail over it.