Regimen Library-Let's post our regimens here

itismehmmkay

Re: Regimen Library-Let\'s post our regimens here

This is what I plan to do from now on:

-Wash as infrequently as possible ( LHCF no-no /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif )

-Shampoo w/ CON

-Deep Condition with Queen Helene Super Cholesterol (30-45min)

-Spray diluted Infusium 23 sparingly (otherwise, my hair will be hard. but this helps tremendously with minimizing breakage when I comb my hair wet)

-Rub Coconut Oil generously

-Rub E.QP Mango Butter generouly

-Comb out hair

-Airdry in "afro" (My hair is only slightly relaxed; mostly just enough to get the comb through easily. So, when I comb out my hair, it looks like a blown-out afro.)

-Coat thin sections of hair with regular Queen Helene Cholesterol

-Straighten each thin, coated section of hair with a ceramic curling iron.

-Maintain curls with magnetic plastic rollers (orange and yellow size)

-Sleep in rollers until next washing (LHCF no-no /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif ).

-No curling iron until next washing.

Styles:
-"some up some down" style.
-loose curl updo
-more than likely will not wear all down.

Relaxer:
-no more than every 3 months (hopefully)
-Motions Oil Moisturizer Lye, Mild
-applied by trusted family member

candibaby

I finally completed mine:

Wash Days {Every 6-7 days}
Pre-poo w/ Suave Milk and Honey Conditioner & B&B Oil It Up
Wash with Nexxus Therappe
Apply Keraphix & Humectress (protopak) and sit under dryer for 20-30 minutes.
Rinse and apply Ensure (acidifying/detangling conditoner) for 3 minutes.
Rinse again in cool water.
Apply a little Oil It Up to hair shaft, and MAYBE apply leave in (Headress or Daily Provision)

*I do not use the blowdryer. I will usually either wrap or rollerset my hair and sit under the dryer.*

Daily Care
For the first 3/4 days after washing, I moisturize with ORS Carrot Oil, then rub a little Oil It Up through my hair/ends.
For the last 3/4 days before I wash, I moisturize with Profectiv Healthy Ends and then rub a little Oil It Up through my hair/ends.
If I have LOTS of new growth, I will use Sta Sof Fro to soften it up.

*I do not use hair grease, but the day after I wash my hair I apply ORS Carrot Oil to my scalp.*

I dont have a specific relaxing schedule, but I usually go 12 wks. I like to stay in braids a lot once I hit 6 weeks and have a lot of new growth.

aameera83

I wash my hair twice a week. 1st wash tigi self absorbed shampoo,nexxus keaphix with heat 15 min, then self absorbed conditioner 25 min with heat. second wash tigi self absorbed shampoo then tigi conditioner 30 min with heat. conditioner wash daily, then abba nourishing and gel lotion airdry or sit under dryer. during the day if hair feels dry. spritz with glycerin, jojoba and olive oil, water spray. sounds like a lot but its simple and i'm trying harder since i have bleached highlights

northernbelle

My regimen is really a work in progress, but here it is at the present time:

Every five to seven days (usually every five):

1. Shampoo with Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo. Rinse. Towel blot.
2. Condition with Kera Care Humetco. Apply generously, comb through, and put on a plastic cap. Conditioner does its work for 15-20 minutes. Rinse. Towel blot.

3. Apply Pantene Pro V Instant Defense Leave In Conditioner. Comb through. I may also apply Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter to the ends. I really am not that impressed with the Healthy Hair Butter, to tell you the truth. It's a good thing I bought the teeny weeny size. LOL! Having said the aforementioned, it works better on wet hair than on dry, IMO.

4. At this point, I air dry the hair. I periodically comb through with my pick so that the hair does not become too puffy and wild as it dries.

Note: I have tried to air dry the hair from a dripping wet state. However, this method does not work for my hair; it simply cannot tolerate this process. Furthermore, when completely dry, my hair simply looked rough from roots to ends. Just a mess! LOL! I used this method for about one month. That was enough for me and my hair!

5. When my hair is completely dry, I will section my hair, and prepare for a light straightening with the flat iron. I apply Kera Care Curling Wax to each section, from root to end, and then flat iron.

6. The next day or two, I apply Dudley Scalp Special to the scalp, especially the stress area at the crown. I part the hair down the center, front to back, and then from ear to ear. I apply Scalp Special to these sections, massage, and then comb through.

7. Night time maintenance: I lubricate the ends as needed, and then either wrap up or roll up the hair, depending upon how flat it looks. I wear a satin hair covering.

Two weeks following and two weeks prior to a relaxer touch up:
Protein or Moisturizing treatment, depending on what my stylist believes my hair needs at the time. I also get a steam treatment along with the conditioner. Yummy!!! Yes; I get professional conditioning treatments. LOL!

Every eight weeks:
Relaxer touch up. My hair cannot tolerate much longer than this. My roots become very tight. My stylist applies the Affirm Mild, Lye formulation.

Every four weeks:
Clarifying shampoo wash.

northernbelle

northernbelle

keylargo,

I can relate re: the over use of protein/reconstructors.

I think I did the same during the four weeks leading up to my relaxer touch up on 9/17/04. I was also experimenting with air drying at the time, and I think the combination really took its toll on my poor hair.

I like air drying my hair. However, there was definitely protein/reconstructor overload.

In my case, I need a reconstructor/protein treatment once, maybe twice, during a given relaxer cycle.

northernbelle

AudraChanell

HEAT: Hood dryer mostly w/deep conditioning, drying my set
DEEP CONDITION: every wash
TRIM: as needed
RELAX: every 10-12 weeks

Up to 7 weeks post relaxer:
Shampoo every 3-7 days w/CON followed by a moisturizing conditioner (sometimes a silicon conditioner), followed by a mix of Salerm wheat germ and hot oil for a treatment. *Alter Ego Revitalizing drops and Salerm21 leave after every shampoo.
Hair style: Roller set, wrap with paddle brush, under dryer for 5-10 mins, apply shine or moisturizing aid

7+ Weeks POST RELAXER: Same as above but every 7-14 days *Alter ego growth revitalizing drops and Salerm21 leave after every shampoo.

MONTHLY: Use a claryifying shampoo and seal my ends using the foil and flat iron method w/conditioner in my hair. Affirm 5 in 1 if I need it.

Last edited:

JuJuBoo

Child of THE King!

I'm a minimalist at heart and have been following the same exact regimen for a year. My hair has never been healthier. (I need to update my album.)

Every 5-7 days, I...

1. Shampoo once with Design Essentials Organic Cleanse Shampoo. Second Shampoo with Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo.
2. Deep condition without heat for 5 minutes with Design Essentials Stimulations.
3. Spray in water-based blowdrying agent.
4. Blow dry with comb attachment.
5. Add Biosilk Silk Therapy and flat iron in sections.

No oils, no sheen, no grease ever. Lye relaxer every 2-3 months. Trim every 4 months. I wrap my hair every night with a durag to keep the style.

I don't plan to depart from this regimen ANY time soon. Probably never. I've found what works perfectly for my hair.

keylargo

[ QUOTE ]
keylargo,

I think I did the same during the four weeks leading up to my relaxer touch up on 9/17/04. I was also experimenting with air drying at the time, and I think the combination really took its toll on my poor hair.

I like air drying my hair. However, there was definitely protein/reconstructor overload.

In my case, I need a reconstructor/protein treatment once, maybe twice, during a given relaxer cycle.

northernbelle

[/ QUOTE ]
Northernbelle, I've been reading your posts lately and thinking that our hair likes the same products. My hair likes Kenra's conditioner but loves Humecto. It also does not like too much protein. I've been doing weekly treatments with Aubrey's GPB and/or some other light protein treatment like Keraphix or 10 en 1. One thing that my hair does not seem to respond to is Lekair Cholesterol Plus. Seems like everyone likes that conditioner but my hair laughs at it.

northernbelle

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
keylargo,

northernbelle

[/ QUOTE ]
Northernbelle, I've been reading your posts lately and thinking that our hair likes the same products. My hair likes Kenra's conditioner but loves Humecto. It also does not like too much protein. I've been doing weekly treatments with Aubrey's GPB and/or some other light protein treatment like Keraphix or 10 en 1. One thing that my hair does not seem to respond to is Lekair Cholesterol Plus. Seems like everyone likes that conditioner but my hair laughs at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keylargo, my hair responds the same to Cholesterol!

I tried Cholesterol years ago, and my hair was actually hard after the rinseout!

My hair really likes moisture, but bristles under the weight of too much protein. The texture of the hair may also have some bearing. My hair is fine in texture. So, whatever I can do to moisturize it properly, my hair does very well.

My hair is definitely in a state of becoming. Every time I wash my hair is an experiment of sorts. I think that I have identified a hair regimen that I can live with for the foreseeable future.

northernbelle

abainaa

Ok here's mine. Its VERY simple. Ever since joining this site my hair has been the healthiest it has ever been so I think I'll stick to this. I am in Namibia right now which is basicaly a desert so there is absolutely no humidity, which is probably why my airdried hair is amazing.

Monday, Thursday
-conditioner wash- Suave milk and honey
-airdry

Saturday
-prepoo with Dark and Lovely restorer oil
-Shampoo with Copa PH balancing shampoo if needed (def. if i prepooed)
- condition w/ Drench (a South African con, typical moisturizing, nothing special)
-airdry

My hair had been breaking so I used Joice KPak twice in the past two weeks but now it will be once a month.

After years of relaxing every month, I had an amazing experience after waiting 2 months last time and will do it again.
The hairdresser claimed, and I saw her use affirm no lye mild but why do my roots seem bone straight? This was my first time using Affirm.

I don't use any leave-ins or products otherwise. I braid my hair in two pigtails every night and take them out in the mornings. I never wear protective styles, i love swinging my hair around tooo much for that.

Warning: I don't recommend the following, it has just been working for me. I don't comb my hair. EVER. After careful examination, I realized that 90% of my hair loss was happening through a comb, so I stopped. Now I make sure to use a slipery conditiner and it detangles itself in the shower. There are no knots in my hair that I can tell. this is obviously an experiment that clearly might backfire but i'm going to try it for 6 months.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!

Here is mine as well...
Erica's Regimen

I will be switching back to Humecto for my co washes for a while since it's protein free. I'm about to color with henna. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

myco

I didn't want to post a regimen until I stuck to one consistently for at least a month. I finally did it, so here goes.

Shampoo 2x/week
Wednesday:
Wash hair with Keracare 1st Lather Shampoo and Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
Condition with Keracare Humecto Conditioner for 15 minutes with heat or 20 minutes to an hour without heat
Spray hair with Razac Leave-in diluted with water
Add Loreal Smooth Intense Serum or Biosilk Serum mixed with a small amount of Coconut oil throughout hair and airdry hair in a bun or single twist with the end pinned near the crown of my head. Tie it up in a satin scarf and go to bed.

Sunday:
Wash hair with Keracare 1st Lather Shampoo and Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
Deep condition following Ouidad's "Triple Layer" Conditioning Technique: I apply an instant conditioner on the ends, followed by Keraphix Reconstructor throughout the hair. After covering with a plastic cap, I sit under the dryer for 20 minutes. I then apply Keracare Humecto Conditioner, put the cap back on and wait 20 more minutes before rinsing.
I then spray hair with Razac Leave-in diluted with water
Add Loreal Smooth Intense Serum or Biosilk Serum mixed with Coconut oil throughout and rollerset my hair. I usually go back under the dryer for 45 minutes to an hour. If I'm not going anywhere, I'll let it airdry the rest of the way. Depending on how much newgrowth I have, I sometimes flat-iron the newgrowth with my Jilbere flat iron. I don't like rollerwrapping my hair for an extended amount of time, because it never looks right. Most nights I just leave the rollers in overnight, since it's probably still wet. I can't sleep on my back, so I'm not really worried about rubbing my hair out.

Between washdays, I usually wear my hair in a bun or pinned up with the ends curled. I don't really comb my hair to put it in a bun. I just mist it down with my leave-in and smooth it with a boar bristle brush. Maybe once a week, most likely the first day after the rollerset, I'll wear it all down. Every night I tie it up in a satin scarf.

Once every 3 months I get a touch-up. For the last 6-9 months I've been self-relaxing with Vitale Mo'Body. Before that I was using Affirm Mild. I get a trim maybe once every 6 months.

Once every 6 weeks, I go to the Dominican salon as a treat.

angelbaby

Daily:

Wash in shower with Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo, followed by Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner. While hair is dripping wet in the shower, apply Salerm 21 or Lacio Lacio, rinse lightly, comb and apply superabsorbent towel. Apply a light coating of Elucence Moisture Barrier Balm to hair. Pull hair into a ponytail with scrunchie. Twist or braid ponytail, pin up in a ball; put another scrunchie around it.

Weekly deep condition with Motions CPR. Will be using the Salerm Wheat Germ Mask.

Every 3 months, touch up with Affirm FiberGuard Mild, substituting the Optimum Post Relaxer Moisturizer for the Sustenance. Dust ends. That's it!

jaded_faerie

Hair Regimen...

1. Pre Poo treatment with hot six oil,honey and coconut milk on dry hair and scalp.*or black castor oil* Let marinate for 30 minutes. Then rinse out
2. I then shampoo with nioxin and rinse out.
*every 4 weeks i apply a mild reonstructor, either Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor or Redken Extreme CAT followed my a moisturizing conditioner*
3. The nioxin conditioner is applied and left on for 5 minutes. Then rinsed out
4. I then towel dry my hair, and add the peach colored Lekair deep conditioner in my hair and cover with shower cap and leave on for an hour. Then rinse.
5. I then towel dry my hair and spray on my Sebastians Titanium Protector Leave-In Conditioner and then moisturize hair with SCurl No drip and mango butter.
6. After hair is airdryed/blowed out..i grease scalp with sulfur 8 and glover. Add a bit of hot six oil to ends of hair.
*If flat ironing*
7. I add a heat protectant*Biosilk Silk Therapy or Redken Heat Glide*
8. And then flat iron and if necessary curl ends.

Every other day I grease scalp with sulfur 8 and glover.

sylver2

Okay, I have 2 Regimens. One for POst Relaxer and one regular.

Regular Regimen
-Wash once a week with any shampoo, alternate w/ Nexxus clarifying shampoo.
-Condition with NTM conditioner, deep condition every other week.
I do not towel dry, while hair is soaking wet I
-use John Frieda frizz ease xtra strength serum
-blow dry straight and wrap hair around head, tye up with satin scarf
-use NTM silk touch leave in on dry hair while wrapping.
I Wrap my hair around head every single night
-Salon visit once every 8 weeks to Dominicans for touchup w/Creme of nature-No lye or Optimum-No Lye
-Sebastian polish for shine

Post Relaxer Stretching Regimen
-Wash once a week w/ any shampoo,alternate w/ Nexxus clarifying shampoo.
-Deep Condition every week with NTM conditioner. Leave in for about 2-3 hours.
-Only comb hair ONCE a week in shower.
-squeeze out water, put in Rusk Smoother Leave in conditioner and lots of john Frieda xtra strength serum.
Alternate between either blow drying straight and section into pin curls/bantu twists with NTM silk touch leave in and tying satin scarf TIGHT to flatten new growth or
while wet tying satin scarf Tight on head and sitting under a dryer and let it dry like that. Then I section off add NTM silk touch and put into pin curls. Tye Satin scarf back on Head tight. Next day new growth flat and smooth, hair wavy. Don't comb it at all. Just scarf n'go.
Jojoba oil for ends.

Last edited:

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
In a nutshell....

Touch-up time to 6 weeks post, I wash 1-2x weekly
7-10 weeks post, I wash 2-3x weekly
11+ weeks post, I wash 3-5x weekly
All of this is tentative and can change depending on the weather, styling and growth

Relax every 13 weeks this first year, stretching 2-4 weeks each time each year.

My BIG wash day:
Pre-poo with Hot EVOO & a few drops of Jojoba oil and cheapie condtioner
Shampoo
Condition
Reconstructor
Deep condition with eo peppermint oil added using heat.

Additional washings during the week:
CWs with cheapie conditioners, sometimes with oil added.
(Hot Six or Organics T-tree Carrot oil)

Do Aphogee/BCS hardcore protein treatment 6 weeks post, then again, at 10 weeks post(depending on breakage) and then 4-6 weeks post thereafter. Until my hair gains strength

Leave-ins:
Salerm 21
NTM Silk Touch
TIGI Ego Boost
Profective Healthy Ends
Wanting to add: Lacio-Lacio
Surge spiked with eo peppermint Oil (only during warmer months when washing often)

Shampoo/Conditioner:
Currently NTM (looking to add Mane 'n Tail and possibly Nexxus for rotation)

Deep Conditioner:
Motions CPR (looking add NTM and one more for rotation)

Relaxer:
Motions Oil Moisturizer Regular w/ Lye

Styles:
Rollersets
Bantu Knots
Twistouts
Updos
Donut Buns

CarLiTa

I bumped this because i thought it would be useful to some. Post your regimen ladies!

I'm back to how my regimen was when i had just started my haircare journey. I'ts more refined now. I had a setback, now i'm getting back on track :)

Every 3 days:
<<saturday only->> -Pre-shampoo: hot oil treatment
-Shampoo with Nexxus Therappe
-Protein conditioner every week with Aubrey Organics GPB
-Condition with Nexxus Humectress
- Put Nexxus Headress then Rusk Smoother on hair and comb through
**Rollerset or airdry
-Once dry, moisturize with Motions Oil Moisturizer

Bi-weekly <<if i don't feel like shampooing or if i exercised a lot>>
-Co-wash with J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp conditioner
-Apply Giovanni Direct leave-in
-Smooth into a bun or airdry in braids

Daily
-Moisturize hair, if needed with Motions oil moisturizer
-If ends feel dry, spritz with water and oil with Evoo
-Take vitamins: MULTI, 2mg of Biotin, 1200mg of Lecithin + 2000mg of Vitamin C, 27mg of Iron
-Tie hair with satin scarf at night

Products
*Moisturizing shampoo: Nexxus Therappe
*Clarifying shampoo: Giovanni 50:50 shampoo

*Moisturizing conditioner: Nexxus Humectress
*Protein Conditioner: Aubrey Organics GPB, Nexxus Emergencee
*Detangling Conditioner: Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner
*Conditioner washes: J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp

*Creamy leave-in: Rusk Smoother, Nexxus Headress, Giovanni Direct
*Daily moisturizer: Motions oil moisturizer

Other: EQP mango butter, EVOO, Almond oil, Rosemary oil.

gradygirl

Every Friday
Pre-poo - Hot Six Oil
Wash - Keracare Dry and Itchy Scalp Shampoo & Keracare Hyrdrating Shampoo
Conditon - Alternate between Keracare Humecto & ORS Hair Mayo
Leave In - Keracre Leave - in & Keracare Oil Moisturizer with Jojoba Oil
Rollerset (Candy Curls)
Daily
Every morning Spray hair with Hollywood Carrot oil, shake, & go
Every night cover hair with hair net and satin scarf
Every night take flaxseed oil and GNC Hair, Skin, & Nails Vitamin
Relaxer
Mizani Regular every 6 - 8 weeks

Beginning of the week:
1. hot oil treatment, wrap and sleep with plasctic cap overnight or on washday under the hoodedryer for 45mins
2. shampoo
3. deep condition for 45 mins with heat or 1-2hrs w/o heat alternating between moisture or protien
4. cold water rinse
5. apply leave in condition, moisturizing cream, gel/mousse and biosilk
6. wet wrap or rollerset
7. dry under soft bonnet dryer
8. (optional) flatiron if needed

if wearing hair wavy do only steps 1-5 then airdry

Middle of the week(optional):
repeat steps 3-7

macherieamour

My hair is always the healthiest when I do this:

Wash Regimen- Every 5-7 days
1) Pre-Shampoo with Protein or Moisturizing Conditioner. Currently using Ors Mayo (protein) and Sauve Milk and Honey for Moisture. Slather on dry, unwashed hair and cover with hot steaming towel. Put shower cap over towel (at home steam treatment)
2) Shampoo with Keracare Dry and Itchy Scalp Shampoo and Hydrating Detangling poo. Keracare First Lather to Clarify once a month.
3) Pre-condition with Keracare Dry and Itchy Scalp Conditioner on the scalp for 5 mins while in the shower
4) Rinse out, get out of the shower, gently towel dry
5) Apply HUmecto to towel dried hair and deep con with heat for 20 mins under hood dryer.
6) Rinse out (dont towel dry), comb with a wide tooth and separate into three sections. Appy Keracare Leave-in, Silken Seal and quarter size amount of Keracare Oil Moisturizer with jojoba to each section.
7) Use water to set hair on magnetic rollers. Use water and Keracare Setting lotion or Keracare Wrap/Set lotion for a firmer set.
8) Sit under dryer for 1 hour and 20 mins. Remove rollers and apply Keracare Oil moisturizer and seal with Sweet Almond OIl (the best hair softener:). Blow out roots with a round brush, wrap and go to bed :)

Night-time Regimen

Apply Keracare headdress and seal with Sweet almond. Wrap and spray Motion oil sheen.

Morning Regimen

Undo Wrap. Apply a droplet of Keracare Glossifier.

Weekly hair styles

First 2 days- Comb outta wrap and wear down
Days 3-5 - Comb outta wrap and wear up
At home- Always up in a bun secured with a butterfly clip

Im sold on Keracare. I decided this is my regime for life:)

Last edited:

Lucia

My regime links also in my siggy
New regime shampoo, paraben, petrol, carcinogen free.

Lucia's Regime

Haircare
Conditioner Washes daily or 2-3x week
Suave milk and honey
Deep cond w/ hair steamer 30mins @ least-1-2x/weekly

Fav thick cond's:
Silicon Mix, Myhoneychild Olive you DC, Khoret Amen Shea butter hair smoothie

Pre-treat
Avocado oil or eggs

NO Shampoo-Curly Girl Method and Crown Glory Method

Clarify 1/month:
Apple Cider Vineagre diluted
Mayonnaise deep treatment after

Products for growth and moisture
Shapley's MTG w/oils mixture 2-3/week
Carol's daughter: Hair milk, Black vanilla leave in cond
Oils: WGO, L'huile masqueti, Almond, Dabur, Coconut

Daily moisture
Glycerin/aloe vera daily mist
unless wearing hair straight
Carol's Daughter: Hair Milk, Healthy hair butter or oils for ends
Always wear cap or scarf @ night and or baggie daily

Vitamins
Essential Amino Acids 1 daily
Liquid B12 daily
Viviscal 2 daily
Spirulina 2 daily
Fo-ti 1 daily
multis and vit C

Trimms/Cuts
Following the Lunar cycle for growth get trimms when the moon is new -1st quarter

Unofficially doing Crown and Glory during fall/winter and Curlygirl spring/summers
Dusting trims=every 4 months done myself
Cuts=hardly ever, only to get even ends once goal has been reached. Next real cut after WSL +2"

Haircare regime, vitamins, products etc...

Lucia's Regime(old)

Haircare
Conditioner Washes daily or 2-3x week
Proclaim shea and aloe cond, Nacidit aguacate cond, Suave milk and honey/Sauve Strawberry conds
Deep cond w/ hair steamer 30mins @ least-1-2x/weekly

Fav thick cond's:
Silicon Mix, 10 en 1, cholesterol, Avocado oil or eggs

NO Shampoo-Curly Girl Method and Crown Glory Method

Shampoo:
Ouidad quench/ Shapley's shampoo and rinse

Products for growth and moisture
Lano-Lustre haircream, Shapley's MTG w/oils mixture 2-3/week
Oils: WGO, L'huile masqueti, Almond, Dabur, Coconut

Daily moisture
Scurl not drip daily
unless wearing hair straight
mango and shea butter home mixture or oils for ends
Always wear cap or scarf @ night and or baggie daily

Vitamins
Essential Amino Acids 1 daily
Liquid B12 daily
Viviscal 2 daily
Spirulina 2 daily
Fo-ti 1 daily
multis and vit C

before giving up shampoo, parabens, petrols, and carcinogens.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=64455

http://www.freewebs.com/luciaj/luciasregime.htm
journal
http://www.freewebs.com/luciaj/

Last edited:

MeechUK

MeechUK
My Regime;

CW every 3 days- DC my dry hair with a mixture of conditioner and Aphogees EFA or Safflower Oil for 1+, then CW.

Every 2 wks - Pre-poo with Cayenne & EVOO, shampoo, clarify with ACV, then DC.

Oil - on damp hair Emu oil & Shea butter

Daily - S-Curl to dampen hair and style, I never comb or brush my hair when dry this helps with breakage.

Vitamins - every other day

MeechUK

crlsweetie912

Ok, I am a newbie but here goes:

Pre poo once a month with amla/jamaican black castor oil mix overnight.

Shampoo every 3-4 days with CON (tan w/red writing), deep con with Motions CPR for about 15-20 min. Rinse, moisturize with mango butter, profectiv mega growth, cantu grow strong mix. Seal with WGO or jojoba oil. Bun, airdry, phony pony in am with a little coconut oil or more wgo for shine.

Stretch relaxers 16 weeks. This is new but I am amazed at the new growth that I have and my hair is so soft and manageable. I can't wait to relax on Thursday to see my results!

Tene

I co wash everyday and clarify once a week or once every two weeks. I deep condition once or twice a week. I do a light protein treatments once a week.

sassyhair

Hair Routine while caring for hair myself!

Wednesday
wash hair with Apple pectin shampoo
condition while in shower with Apple Pectin conditioner
apply Cantu leave-in and Island oil
Wrap hair in bantu knot to dry overnight

Mornings
Apply vitapointe
wrap hair and if not dry sit under low heat, or if in hurry blow-dry on warm
Style in bannana clip

Nightly
Mist rough ends with liquid leave-in
Apply mango butter ends
Wrap hair into bantu knot

Friday
Oil scalp with MTG

Saturday
wash with MNT
condition while in shower with MNT
deep condition overnight with cholesterol

Sunday morning
wash out conditioner
apply cantu leave-in and island oil
airdry in bantu knot, or sit under low heat

Monday night
oil scalp with dax super gro organic oils

stretch relaxer 3 months
visit salon at least once a month for hair check-ups
take breaks from bannana clip 2x a month by wearing a fall

I apply the moisturizers in the morning and night only according to if my hair feels like it needs it. It is hard for me to stick to a routine so this is my challenge. I plan to start this once I go to the salon to get my ends cut, and start fresh

Last edited: