What's the Consistency of K-PAK Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor? I think mine is bad

Mitey Cyrus

I purchased the K-PAK Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor two days ago and just got around to using it. When I opened the tab, the product dibbled out and seemed more watery than I expected it to.It also seemed a little separated or "curdled". This is my first time purchasing and using this product, so for all I know, it's supposed to be this way. Is that the case?

Cali*Rocks

Re: What's the Consistency of K-PAK Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor? I think mine is

Yep. Mine is the exact same way. I think it's the human hair keratin in the product

Aggie

Re: What's the Consistency of K-PAK Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor? I think mine is

Mine was exactly as you described and I shook up the bottle to bring the conditioner together and it was still like a little watery cream while I was putting it on my hair. I felt like I was wasting it too.

I was so upset about this until I washed it out and realized that my hair was super soft and I just took my extension braids down and I lost very little hair this time.

My findings: It's watery but it works, and that's all that matters to me.

Don't let the watery consistency fool or deter you. You'll see, your hair will feel great when it's finished. I still wished it was thicker though.

Mitey Cyrus

Oh, thank you ladies! You saved me a trip to Trade Secret.

Dposh167

i think mine does it too. what does your smell like? cuz by the scent of mine...i thought it was bad. it was like perfumed dog food

Esq.2B

i think mine does it too. what does your smell like? cuz by the scent of mine...i thought it was bad. it was like perfumed dog food

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:

Mitey Cyrus

Mine smells like very, very ripe bananas.

clever

I purchased my last bottle a few months at a drugstore and it was more watery then I remembered it being then when I purchased it at SmartStyle.

clever

The smell was different as well.The one from the drugstore smells like cheerios instead of bananas.

outspokenwallflower

I was wondering the EXACT same thing last weekend! My K-Pak has always been kinda watery but it got me thinking...have I been using some expired K-Pak for months now? So glad to hear that it's normal...yeah, mine smells like a banana smoothie...:lick:

caramelma

Same here. I always mix my Joico K-pak with a little of the GVP K-Pak from sallys(in my hand) to make it thicker because the GVP is thicker. I Love my Joico K-pak line though my hair has never been healthier

growinstrong

is this considered a moisturizing conditioner or protein conditioner?

Aggie

Same here. I always mix my Joico K-pak with a little of the GVP K-Pak from sallys(in my hand) to make it thicker because the GVP is thicker. I Love my Joico K-pak line though my hair has never been healthier

I have noticed this and a good idea BTW. I will try that too.

Desarae

It smells like bananas and the texture is like curdled thick milk.

It works GREAT though.

star

I purchased the K-PAK Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor two days ago and just got around to using it. When I opened the tab, the product dibbled out and seemed more watery than I expected it to.It also seemed a little separated or "curdled". This is my first time purchasing and using this product, so for all I know, it's supposed to be this way. Is that the case?

This is normal and great stuff your hair will be so strong.

Aggie

I will be using mine again this weekend and can't wait to get that wonderful stuff on my hair:lick:.

chebaby

mine was thick and creamy, smelled like bananas. not seperated or watery like yours. i bought mine from a salon and had like 5 bottles. maybe they changed the ingredients.

krissyprissy

Yeah it looks like baby spit up! But its good stuff.

outspokenwallflower

I'm feeling unsure about my batch again...when I first bought it (its the giant tube, that says '30%more' anniversary edition' it was pretty runny but not kinda liquidy like it is now...I'm thinking/hoping water got into the tube is all...

I got the smaller tube of the reconstructor from trade secret about 3 weeks ago or so, and it's definitely thicker than the one I already had-- they smell the same and both look curdled and what not, but the one from trade secret is not as runny....hmm.

toinette

Tricking the president

are you supposed to use a moisturizing DC after this or should the 5 minutes of reconstructor be the last step?