KCCC Application Help

Foufie

Can someone PLEASE explain to me how to apply KCCC or IC Fantasia Gel where my has defined curls PLEASE> Like, what is the technique you use? I tried yesterday and it turned out OKAY but it was more like part frizz fro and part curlies.

Help me please

Last edited:
Hi there! Your hair looks similar to mine at that stage...I love the color!

KCCC is one of my FAVORITE stylers! Are you using Knot Today underneath? You NEED to use the Knot Today (or a similar leave-in conditioner) under it for the best results.

When I apply KCCC, it has to be on WET hair. Not damp, not towel dried, but wet (that's how it is with any styler on my hair). Then I go section by section, rake the leave-in through with my fingers, then a swipe or two with a denman brush, and follow with the KCCC. Now, when I put the KCCC on, I use just a tad. And I rub it in between my hands first (as if warming an oil between my palms), and then smooth it on the section.

After that, NEVER TOUCH THE SECTION AGAIN.

That's pretty much my process with all stylers. Always do a leave in underneath, and apply as described above.

Hope that helps!

Foufie

Thanks alot. I am going to try again as soon as I wash this out this twist out. Please tell you looked at my fotki because my avi is tatiana londona. Maybe I should change it.

testimony777

I just recently revisited this line and I love it. I use both the KCCC and the KCKT. I apply the Knot Today while I am in the shower. I apply a generous amount (like I would a rinse out conditioner) and I do not rinse it out.

I apply the KCCC to soaking wet, fresh out of the shower hair. I apply it using a modified curlisto method (I make four sections instead of five. If you google curlisto method you will see how to do this; they have tutorials on the web page). I apply a very small amount (about a quarter size) to all four sections. I put in duck bill clips to get height at the crown and then dry my hair using a defuser.

Some people are able to get this stuff to dry soft, I have not been able to do this. I have to scrunch out the crunch (also using the curlisto method; I use coconut oil for this step).

This stuff is tricky but if you can figure out the perfect gel to conditioner to water ratio you will get consistent results every time. HTH :yep:

lydc

KCCC is my fave and only styler, love it.

In the shower while my hair is soaking wet, I apply a good amount of Knot Today or Elucence and then what I do (while still in the shower) is squeeze out excess, pin it up and then (out of the shower). I then apply grapeseed oil to seal my leave in conditioner and then apply KCCC to each section (I separate my hair into either 3 or 4). I flip my hair over and apply a little more and then let dry.

Eisani

KCCC is my fave and only styler, love it.

In the shower while my hair is soaking wet, I apply a good amount of Knot Today or Elucence and then what I do (while still in the shower) is squeeze out excess, pin it up and then (out of the shower). I then apply grapeseed oil to seal my leave in conditioner and then apply KCCC to each section (I separate my hair into either 3 or 4). I flip my hair over and apply a little more and then let dry.
I actually apply Elucence and THEN Knot Today to soaking wet hair (in 4 sectoins) then apply the KCCC and run my Denman thru a couple times, shake and drip dry. No particular reason why I use two conditioners, I just love conditioner. I'm not sure if it actually makes a difference in the softness of my hair after it dries.

purplepeace79

I may be the only person who doesnt use Knot Today. Partly because I can never find it in stock and partly because I don't feel like I need it, as my hair doesnt get tangled much.

Everyone else has it right, apply it on dripping wet hair and let it dry. My issue is that it causes my hair to shrink more than it normally would, so I either only use it when Im bunning or if I'm going to put big twists in over night and band it.

classychic1908

I second applying conditioner+ oil ( I use castor oil and aubrey organics white camelia condish) under the KCCC. You'll have beautiful definition for days and you can refresh your curls with a little water or my fave aloe juice. I have the best results when I apply in small sections using my fingers to smooth and rake the product in. To combat some shrinkage, I put my hair in a ponytail on top of my headfor a while then shake my hair down to finish drying.

Last edited:

lydc

I actually apply Elucence and THEN Knot Today to soaking wet hair (in 4 sectoins) then apply the KCCC and run my Denman thru a couple times, shake and drip dry. No particular reason why I use two conditioners, I just love conditioner. I'm not sure if it actually makes a difference in the softness of my hair after it dries.

I've actually done that as well...

I second applying conditioner+ oil ( I use castor oil and aubrey organics white camelia condish) under the KCCC. You'll have beautiful definition for days and you can refresh your curls with a little water or my fave aloe juice. I have the best results when I apply in small sections using my fingers to smooth and rake the product in. To combat some shrinkage, I put my hair in a ponytail on top of my headfor a while then shake my hair down to finish drying.

noting this, I normally use water or spiral spritz but will definitely try aloe juice..

SimplyBlessed

not to hijack ur thread but...

IS THE KNOT TODAY REALLY NECC?? CAN U USE ANOTHER LEAVE IN...

AND HOW IS KNOT TODAY AS A LEAVE IN CONDITIONER?? IS IT GOOD TO USE FOR MOISTURIZING UR HAIR WHEN NOT USING THE CURLING CUSTARD??

classychic1908

I use KCCC as a styler mostly because it's all natural and has nourishing ingredients. You can acheive defined curls with any run of the mill gel it doesn't have to be anything fancy or expensive, I've always heard good things about long aid gel but I've never used it. I've used Fantasia IC with sparkle lites and it has a cone which I try to avoid since I almost never use shampoo, it was also a bit crunchy on the finish.

I've never used knot today, because I'm not wild about some of the ingredients (DMDM and Hydantonin), so I choose another natural conditioner to use.

dynamic1

not to hijack ur thread but...

IS THE KNOT TODAY REALLY NECC?? CAN U USE ANOTHER LEAVE IN...

AND HOW IS KNOT TODAY AS A LEAVE IN CONDITIONER?? IS IT GOOD TO USE FOR MOISTURIZING UR HAIR WHEN NOT USING THE CURLING CUSTARD??

I use Knot Today even without a styler for puffs, buns, half-fros. My hair stays soft and doesn't get as tangled when rinsing/co-washing or shampooing.

dynamic1

I've never used knot today, because I'm not wild about some of the ingredients (DMDM and Hydantonin), so I choose another natural conditioner to use.

Since when? Did I miss an ingredient change?

This is on my bottle.

Ingredients: organic Mango fruit extract, organic slipper elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance