Keeping scalp clean w/ a weave

phynestone

I'm finding hard for me to keep my scalp clean with this weave that I have. If I scratch my scalp, there's dirt underneath my fingernail and I don't know what I need to do to keep it super clean so my hair growth isn't limited. I washed it two days ago, so I don't understand why it's a little dirty now. Help!

Girl, it's practically impossible from my point of view.
laugh.gif

You shoulda saw all the crap that feel off my head when I took mine down yesterday.
laugh.gif

look.gif

I'm not sure what you can do, but try to limit your product usuage. Also when you shampoo and apply it between the partings let it sit a couple of minutes before rinsing. You could also try one of the scalp rinses they make for people with dreads, braids, etc. in between washings. HTH.

Karonica-

Thanks! I thought I was the only person who did not know how to keep their scalp super clean w/ a weave.

Joyous-

I have a bottle of waterless shampoo, so I will try that out. Thanks!

The only time I would have a problem with keeping it clean is when using a bunch of creamy products. Try to keep it simple...shampoo...rinse well, condition...rinse VERY well...
I use CON, Motions conditioner, emergency 911 leave-in, and grease or oil or butter. I only apply the grease 1x/week and the oil or butter as needed and I have no gunk. But really, when you shampoo, condition and whatever else u do in the wash stage, make sure you rinse very well.

Back