Keratin The Conditioner - Not The Treatment

Transformer

Being lazy on yesterday I went to a local Dominican salon for my Sunday wash instead of doing it myself.

I noticed they were flat ironing a person's hair while it was wet. The flat iron was "wrapped" with aluminum foil. They weren't flat ironing it straight or dry. They were applying a "cream" with a hair coloring brush to a small section and immediately flat ironing that section.

Being nosy, I inquired and the stylist stated it was a Keratin "conditioner" and it cost $50.00 The Keratin treatment cost $300.00 at that salon. She stated after flat ironing that they would wash with a special shampoo.

Anyone heard of this or had it done?

Transformer

Here a review of someone that is using keratin conditioning products found at Folica

Product Details
Customer Reviews Tips & Advice Q & A Tell a friend Share
Beauty Tips
Get Straight Hair

Keratin Complex Clarifying Shampoo

Keratin Complex Vanilla Bean Deep Conditioner

Keratin Complex Shine
Brand: Keratin Complex
Package/Size: 3.4 oz.

Item No: 003140

Keratin Complex Infusion provides deep penetrating action to repair and revitalize hair during blow drying or ironing.

Features and Benefits:

* Unique formulation with advanced infusion technology
* Adds high PH replenishers to automatically open the hair cuticle
* Infuses keratin proteins and emollients into the hair
* Repairs and revitalizes hair during blow drying and ironing
* Closes the cuticle to entrap nourishment
* Leaves hair silky and smooth

Directions:

After cleansing with Keratin Complex Clarifying Shampoo, towel dry, dispense a small amount into palms and evenly distribute. Let stand for 20 minutes then blow-dry and flat iron.

Ingredients:

Aqua distllia, cationic guar gum, cetereal alcohol, cyclodimethicone, dimethicone, dow corning, 2078 fluid, keratin protein complex extract, glycerine, glyceryl monococoate, soy protein oil, wheat protein, aminopropyl phenyl trimethicone, amica extract, scent.

Product Reviews and Rating:
Keratin Complex Infusion is rated (5.00 out of 5) based on 1 reviews by users.

1 (100%) reviewers rated this product "The Best" (5-star)

Keratin Complex products are GREAT !!
Reviewer: Lisa 2009-10-07

I have purchased the following. 1. Keratin Complex Color Care Shampoo & Conditioner 2. Keratin Complex Infusion Therapy SHINE 3. Keratin Complex Infusion Therapy THERMO-SHINE 4. Keratin Complex Infusion Therapy INFUSION KERATIN REPLENISHER (use once a week) I had the Keratin Complex Smoothing Treatment performed by my stylist about 3 months ago & have been using these after care products for the past 3 months. I have always had brillo-pad, naturally curly, very course black hair, which I have had highlighted & colored to help control the curl. I have used many products, CHI, Chinese hair straightening systems, & every other hair straightener there is out there. These products have made my hair sleek, smooth, healthy, & shinier than any product out there. I can't recommend these enough!!! If you have naturally curly & uncontrollable hair, you have to give these a try, you will love them more than the CHI products, which I used for years.

BostonMaria

I really wondering what's the purpose of the aluminum foil wrapped flat iron.

Sounds to me like they're frying that woman's hair. Wouldn't it be better to dry with a blow dryer and then use the flatiron?

By the way, how did her hair come out?

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Applying cream with brush. check
flat ironing immediately after treatment. check
foil applied to flatiron before straightening. check

Sounds like an economical version of the Keratin "Treatment" - in the Support Thread, there are posts about using a foil-type wrapper over the flat iron for better results. You can purchase the papers to use on the flat irons, or diy with aluminum foil.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I really wondering what's the purpose of the aluminum foil wrapped flat iron.

Years ago at a Domican Salon I had a deep condish treatment done this way-with a flat iron -plates wrapped in foil. I guess the foil is an extra barrier between your hair and the flat iron. The flat iron was used on a low temp, hair sectioned, and passed thru once with the iron, and then under the hood dryer for about 15mins. All I know is that my hair was super soft and moisturized, shiny and swangy. I went back to have it done again, and the person that did it was not there. They had no clue what I was talking about - saying well I dunno, but I can flat iron your hair with conditioner but without the foil. I said no thanks.

Mleah

I am intrigued. I think the foil serves to protect the iron from the cream getting baked on but still conducts the heat.