Keratin Treatment Support Thread

mstar

Luxury bacon
Welcome to all the new BKT'ers! :wave:

Never thought I would say this, but I'm thinking about relaxing my edges. :look: They are doing so well with BKT, and growing longer than ever (I can barely believe that my hairline reaches my chin when stretched), but the BKT is not getting them straight....they're still fuzzy 4b that doesn't match the rest of my hair.

If I do relax, it will be with Alter Ego Linange, so I have time to think about it while I wait for the Linange to arrive. And I will BKT over the relaxed hair to maintain the strength.

blksndrlla

My results with QOD Gold:

Before: My hair is generally more moisturized than this. I let it air dry after a shampoo to apply cassia...:nono:

After: It is definitely looser. My goal was just to be able to workout more. Meaning, cowashing and bunning would be less cumbersome. I think I achieved that goal. I am going to let this one wear off before applying again,

Last edited:

blackbarbie986

after over a year of researching, reading diff ppl's experiences, looking at yt, ect i'm finally taking the plunge! can't wait!! thank you so much to all the wonderful laides who helped answer my questions esp sheba and fab.
they'll be using la brasiliana, not sure which strength and i'm going to the hairdresser. wish me luck. i only help my 4 babies dont loosen up too too much, i like the volume and the puff in my hair.

blackbarbie986

ok got it done today. my hair has so much swang! the process took about 5 hours from start to finish.

question - how many of you added developer to your clarifying shampoo and for those that did did you like the results better?
also, my hairs a little puffy at the root, he didn't really get down deep in these 4a/b roots. i have a root iron, do you think i should go over them a bit or just let it be during the rest of the 4 day curing process?

lilikoi

also, my hairs a little puffy at the root, he didn't really get down deep in these 4a/b roots. i have a root iron, do you think i should go over them a bit or just let it be during the rest of the 4 day curing process?

I would do it. As long as you have the treatment on. Are you sure they applied it close to the roots? If you're sure they did, go for those roots! Otherwise, let it be and wait till the next treatment.

MarieB

blackbarbie986 ITA with lilikoi. If they didn't get close to the roots with the BKT, then let it be; you don't want to fry your roots and risk breakage.

Last edited:

*fabulosity*

Hey guys.. sharing my latest results with GK 2% Juvexin.. I really like skipping a step of blowdrying..

Blowdried

After flat ironing and dusting - back

After flat ironing and dusting - front

What I did:
clarified with Curls clarifying shampoo
-applied rojo bronce cellophane with my shine happy combo went under the steamer 45 mins..
-rinsed color out..one wash with Pureology Nanoworks poo
-used spray bottle of water to keep hair wet while applying; um used less than an ounce?
-blowdried with my ceramic flat iron denman brush
-flat ironed in sections with FHI @ 450 degrees

Stats
-last keratin treatment (DH) was in July right after I got a good cut at Super Cuts
-Transitioning fine hair (but a lot of it) 19 months post

This has been a busy week already but I'm glad I was able to get my keratin in.. I'm whipping my hair back and forth.. :lachen:

indarican

is there a list anywhere of the shampoos and conditioners we can use with the BKT, i did a search but didnt find one.

blackbarbie986

This has been a busy week already but I'm glad I was able to get my keratin in.. I'm whipping my hair back and forth.. :lachen:

@*fabulosity* at bolded - You too? lol. I just cant stop swishing my hair, hahah. I'm like the lil soul glo man in my siggy. You're hair came out just like you FAB! I was really interested in trying out the GK, next time. Well happy birthday early and have a great time!!

Last edited:

blackbarbie986

Here are a few pics the 1st and 2nd show my hair yesterday when I got there. Did a braid out so it would be a bit stretched. The 3rd pic how my hair looked after it was clarified, and the 4th pic after blow dry, and the last atached pic is how i usually wear my hair, a pulled back puff.

Anyone know how to make the pics a little larger?

Attachments

• SSPX0145.jpg
    SSPX0145.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 36
  • SSPX0147.jpg
    SSPX0147.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 34
  • SSPX0148.jpg
    SSPX0148.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 36
  • SSPX0162.jpg
    SSPX0162.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 43
  • CIMG1635.jpg
    CIMG1635.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

blackbarbie986

And here's me leaving the shop

He trimmed it about 2 1/2 inch, I was almost APL now I'm back to around CBL, but I needed the trim. Here's a pic of a length shots I took in April and some from today.

Attachments

• SSPX0078.jpg
    SSPX0078.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 35
  • SSPX0108b.jpg
    SSPX0108b.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN0280.jpg
    DSCN0280.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN0286.jpg
    DSCN0286.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 38
  • SSPX0157.jpg
    SSPX0157.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

*fabulosity*

is there a list anywhere of the shampoos and conditioners we can use with the BKT, i did a search but didnt find one.

Hi, you just need to use poos that don't have sulfates.. (and I add in parabens...) but that's not mandatory.... some of the ones I have tried and used and liked... You can still use any conditioner you choose. I don't think conditioners have SLS.

Yes to Carrots, Tomatoes, and Cucumbers
Pureology Nano Works, Pureology Hydrate
Etae shampoo
My favorite right now is the Devacurl/Devacare No Poo (doesn't lather) but makes your hair so soft and moisturized.. and feels clean after!

@*fabulosity* at bolded - You too? lol. I just cant stop swishing my hair, hahah. I'm like the lil soul glo man in my siggy. You're hair came out just like you FAB! I was really interested in trying out the GK, next time. Well happy birthday early and have a great time!!

Awww thanks.. Once you BKT.. you can't go back... so in 6-12 weeks.. you'll be ready to apply again!
And here's me leaving the shop

He trimmed it about 2 1/2 inch, I was almost APL now I'm back to around CBL, but I needed the trim. Here's a pic of a length shots I took in April and some from today.

You are so cute.. it looks gorgeous... go girl!!!

indarican

Question for you ladies, how soon after can another treatment be done... I want to do my roots again, they didnt loosen as much as i would have liked.

blackbarbie986

indarican - i believe a few ppl have done it two weeks later when it didn't really take the first time. but i'm sure some of the long term bkters can help you more than i can. ck with fab, sheba, veejay or cuteness they've all been doing it for over a year i believe.

Dove56

Hello,

I've been doing the BKT's since April 2009. I like to do monthly root treatments every month in the Summer and every 12 weeks in the Fall/Winter. You can repeat the treatment in about 7 days; mainly to give your hair a break from the heat.

blackbarbie986

I think there is but I can't find it either. Could someone add it here if there is or if the OP could add it to the first page that would be great!

indarican

Ladies i have a confession to make......Im scared to wash my hair... will my kinks come right back, its been more than a week and my hair is getting nappy already at the roots, is this normal if sweat is involved? will it be easier once i wash, and condition it?