**PICS** & REVIEW: QOD OrganiQ Keratin Treatment on WL Natural Hair

theNaturalWonders

theNaturalWonders I plan on doing treatments on both daughters this week.

They use Organix Brazilian Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner and also Wen.

I have been doing my daughters' hair 2x a year and they do not have any excessive shedding or breakage.

I am an advocate of minimal heat and doing it more often would lead to more risk of heat damage and permanent loss of their curl pattern/"heat training."

Thank you! Have you tried to do silk wraps with their hair after the initial treatment? How are you keeping their hair from reverting? Do you wrap their hair at night? Which Wen product do you use?

biancaelyse

Thank you! Have you tried to do silk wraps with their hair after the initial treatment? How are you keeping their hair from reverting? Do you wrap their hair at night? Which Wen product do you use?

I have never been good at wrapping so I don't wrap their hair. They sleep with satin scarves on satin pillowcases because their hair is longer than the scarf.

This is what they do for a day or 2 after treatment and then they wash and go with curly hair.

They do not wear their hair straight unless it is a special event like homecoming.

We use the Almond Mint Wen. I'm going to try the one at Sally's in 2014 because Wen x 3 heads of long hair is expensive!!

theNaturalWonders

To make sure I understand:

Use a clarifying shampoo
Apply treatment to each section
Wait a few minutes
Blow dry then flat iron with 2 passes no more than 390 degrees
Wash out
Blow dry and flat iron again

Is this correct?

biancaelyse

To make sure I understand:

Use a clarifying shampoo
Apply treatment to each section
Wait a few minutes
Blow dry then flat iron with 2 passes no more than 390 degrees
Wash out
Blow dry and flat iron again

Is this correct?

I currently do everything except the bolded. I co-wash out, air dry and flat iron 1 pass with a warm iron.

Dove56

Dove56 thank you! I would love to do this treatment 2x a year-do you think I will experience breakage/excessive shedding if I don't redo the treatment every 12 weeks?

I plan to use the treatment to help me do silk wraps when I want to straighten my hair-I see you used rollers in the pic you posted. How did your hair come out? Did you blow dry after taking the rollers out? I don't want to use a blow dryer just a flat iron to smooth out

What products are you using to moisturize and DC with? I understand no sulfates and no proteins right?

Sooo many questions lol:drunk:

I have never experienced any breakage or shedding with the treatment.

I didn't get good rollersets with DE but I get great rollersets with QOD. My old regime was to rollerset then flatiron the roots only (if I didn't roll it right or had new growth) then wrap. I had excellent results. My hair would stay smooth and straight even in high humidity.

Now, I just blowdry, use my InStyler then wrap all weeks.

I've been using Wen exclusively but my scalp has been super flaky. So new routine includes my old staples and Wen.

I will occasionally clarify with As I Am Clarifying shampoo. If I'm not using As I am I use Keracare Shampoo, deep condition with Macadamia Natural Oil Mask using my hooded dryer. Rinse, then apply Wen Fig cleansing conditioner as a leave-in with 2 pumps of Wen Sweet almond serum, then I use Wen Sweet Almond Styling cream with 2 pumps of Sweet Almond serum, blowdry then use my Instyler. :yep:

Nazaneen

just ordered the qod organiq "shot" for $39 :D.
I think I'll get one of those blow dryers with the brush attachment from Sallys or something because I just don't know how to do round brush drying :(.

one thing i will keep in mind is not to be heavy handed with the keratin treatment. I tend to be very heavy handed with products.

Last edited:

sharifeh

I think I'll get one of those blow dryers with the brush attachment from Sallys or something because I just don't know how to do round brush drying :(.

one thing i will keep in mind is not to be heavy handed with the keratin treatment. I tend to be very heavy handed with products.
Arlana

looks really good
you could get a comb attachment
i cant blowdry well either

caliscurls

just ordered the qod organiq "shot" for $39 :D. I think I'll get one of those blow dryers with the brush attachment from Sallys or something because I just don't know how to do round brush drying :(. one thing i will keep in mind is not to be heavy handed with the keratin treatment. I tend to be very heavy handed with products.

Arlana don't worry, I tension blow dry it during the application and it comes out great

caliscurls

Arlana not exactly. Some people just use one hand to hold a section of hair taunt while blow drying up and down with the other hand - I think this is the original tension method. What I do is hold the hair taunt with a paddle brush but I don't pull the brush through the length. I sort of hold the hair at an angle to lock it in the brush. It just gets straighter this way then the regular tension method for me.

Sorry if that sounds confusing. My point though in responding was just to reassure you that it's okay if you're not the best at blow drying. It will come out just fine :) in my very first application I was too paranoid to blow dry and sat under the dryer in twists pulled tight, it still came out great

Nazaneen

@Arlana not exactly. Some people just use one hand to hold a section of hair taunt while blow drying up and down with the other hand - I think this is the original tension method. What I do is hold the hair taunt with a paddle brush but I don't pull the brush through the length. I sort of hold the hair at an angle to lock it in the brush. It just gets straighter this way then the regular tension method for me.

Sorry if that sounds confusing. My point though in responding was just to reassure you that it's okay if you're not the best at blow drying. It will come out just fine :) in my very first application I was too paranoid to blow dry and sat under the dryer in twists pulled tight, it still came out great

aah I see what you mean by tension blow drying, thanks.
i guess i'll do my best blow dry :lol: not sure which method i'll employ yet though... i'm gonna practice on my mannequin head first lol.

biancaelyse

are you guys round brush blow drying with the treatment in or paddle brush? idk how to blow dry :(.

Arlana I use a paddle brush. I am not that good at blowdrying either but it works

It does give off a smell so I open a window and ave the ceiling fans on as well.

I wear gloves too

Nefertiti0906

What is the repercussion of leaving the treatment in for a while? I sealed in the treatment on sunday afternoon but haven't washed it out yet...

caliscurls

What is the repercussion of leaving the treatment in for a while? I sealed in the treatment on sunday afternoon but haven't washed it out yet...

Nefertiti0906 I usually leave it in at least 4 days before washing it out only because it's less manipulation and by the time I get to this step I'm ready to be done :) never had any issues (and have only done it this way)

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I think i might go back to the qod. i just tried a new treatment and it has like no effect at all on my hair! talk about a waste of time.

pinkchocolatedaisy

Arlana where did you order from?

Nazaneen

Excited! Gonna do the process on Monday. Sooo hoping this has a good effect on my hair.
I threw out my relaxers jars the other day. Got sick of how it doesn't de-frizz and my hair seems less healthy than when I was natural. I also hate how it makes my hair feel hard when wet and tangle up esp at the roots for months after a relaxer. One would think relaxers would reduce tangles. My hair has to grow out again before I can wash it nicely again. So over them now.

bebezazueta

Excited! Gonna do the process on Monday. Sooo hoping this has a good effect on my hair. I threw out my relaxers jars the other day. Got sick of how it doesn't de-frizz and my hair seems less healthy than when I was natural. I also hate how it makes my hair feel hard when wet and tangle up esp at the roots for months after a relaxer. One would think relaxers would reduce tangles. My hair has to grow out again before I can wash it nicely again. So over them now.

Can't wait to see your results! Hope it works out for you.