**PICS** & REVIEW: QOD OrganiQ Keratin Treatment on WL Natural Hair

biancaelyse

I did my daughter's Keratin Treatment using the new QOD MAX OrganiQ Treatment. It is formaldehyde free and you can wash it out the same day.

I ordered mine from www.Keratin4U.com

The liter bottle was about $200 - pricey but much cheaper than what it costs in the salon for her length of hair. The expiration date is 2/2013 so I can use it for the next 18 months on both daughters as well as on myself :grin:.

I shampooed beforehand with Neutrogena Anti-Residue Formula Shampoo and air dried

I applied the QOD MAX to her dry hair and combed it through. It sat on her hair for 15 minutes

Then I blowdried and flat ironed 2 passes @400 degrees.

After 30 minutes, I shampooed with Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo and Conditioned with the matching conditioner.

I air dried again and blow dried it. It was bone straight without needing any flat iron.

It is supposed to last for 4 months but I am very pleased with the results.

Last edited:

cheryl26

It's so beautiful and long. Is this the only brand you've tried? I used Coppola some months back and had zero results.

biancaelyse

It's so beautiful and long. Is this the only brand you've tried? I used Coppola some months back and had zero results.

I used the Organix 30 Day Brazillian Keratin Treatment on my girls earlier this summer and it didn't work well at all. Their hair was not very straight yet poofy right after I applied it:nono:.

The QOD MAX costs a lot more but it really delivered.

Last edited:

Spiffy

Lovely! You did a wonderful job.

Wow, so this lasts for 4 months. What's in the product that makes it last that long? Is it organic? You'll have to forgive my questions as I'm totally clueless about Keratin treatments.

biancaelyse

Lovely! You did a wonderful job.

Wow, so this lasts for 4 months. What's in the product that makes it last that long? Is it organic? You'll have to forgive my questions as I'm totally clueless about Keratin treatments.

I don't believe that this is organic but it is a good brand.

They make other formulations that contain formaldehyde but the brand overall is known for producing good, long lasting results.

You do have to cleanse with a sulfate free shampoo to help maintain your results.

MsLizziA

biancaelyse im interested in Keratin treatments myself but im not sure if the hair will revert. of course i want to do formaldehyde free but can you post results of how it looks after it reverts?

cutenss

:love: so beautiful. My hair didn't like QOD at all. It was like the formula was too heavy for my fine strands. Does this particular formula seem "lighter"? Does that make sense?:spinning:

biancaelyse

:love: so beautiful. My hair didn't like QOD at all. It was like the formula was too heavy for my fine strands. Does this particular formula seem "lighter"? Does that make sense?:spinning:

I have heard that the different formulations of QOD perform differently. For example, QOD MAX White supposedly makes your hair straighter than the QOD MAX Gold or QOD MAX Red. They are all supposed to straighten pretty well though.

I have only tried the QOD MAX OrganiQ so I can't say whether or not it is lighter or less heavy on the hair.

DD has fine 3B hair with a patch of 2A in the back that barely curls at all.

biancaelyse

@biancaelyse im interested in Keratin treatments myself but im not sure if the hair will revert. of course i want to do formaldehyde free but can you post results of how it looks after it reverts?

Reversion has to do with several things, mainly how tight your hair pattern was to begin with. If you have natural virgin hair with a tight pattern, you hair will revert more so I've seen recommendations that you do Keratin treatments weeks apart until you get your hair to the level of straightness desired.

DD's hair is straight enough after 1 treatment that I can get her hair very straight without flat ironing it.

I can post pics the next time I wash her hair if that is helpful.

leona2025

biancaelyseDoes it have shine? Did it burn your eyes during the blow dry? I have used Dream Hair which was ok and I used the Liquid Keratin from Ulta which was also ok ,but made me shed a lot.

Last edited:

biancaelyse

@biancaelyseDoes it have shine? Did it burn your eyes during the blow dry? I have used Dream Hair which was ok and I used the Liquid Keratin from Ulta which was also ok ,but made me shed a lot.

Her hair is very shiny!! My eyes didn't burn at all - I think that this is from the formaldehyde free formula.

No shedding either. This was my biggest concern since I was worried about heat damage.

Her hair is beautiful!! :love:

It looks hip length at least!

Thanks!! Her hair reminds me of yours :grin:. I put WL in the title but she is more like tailbone length so my mistake.

Dove56

Awesome!!! I'm ordering this STAT! QOD is an awesome brand. Your daughter's hair is beautiful just like her Mom's hair. :)

Thx for sharing Biancaeylse!

leona2025

biancaelyse Sorry about all the questions. How many ozs did you need to do all her hair? Did the hair feel coated? Was it easy to blow dry with just the qod on?

biancaelyse

@biancaelyse Sorry about all the questions. How many ozs did you need to do all her hair? Did the hair feel coated? Was it easy to blow dry with just the qod on?

No worries. I have a 33 oz (liter bottle) and I used 5-6 oz to do both of my children. My other dd has WL thick 3C hair. The consistency of QOD is very thick, almost like jelly or 1/2 solid jello.

Her hair felt coated until I washed the keratin treatment out later the same day. Once it was rinsed out, her hair was very silky and tangle free.

Blowdrying was easy with the QOD on it. Normally their hair is really big but thanks to the QOD, it was not as bushy and frizzy.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Wow, you did a GREAT job BE. :yep: I have seen your girls in person and they both have a ton and a half of hair, so I know you put in some work! It is beautiful. :)

BostonMaria

Great job!!!
Her hair is gorgeous

Question for the Naturals. When your new growth starts to grow in, does your hair look & feel like transitioning hair? I'd hate to go thru that again.

Sent from my fancy iPhone using LHCF

Zaynab

I had no idea this was a keratin treatment when I saw the girls pics on FB!!! You did an awesome job! I wanna try it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DROIDX