Kinky Curly Curling Custard.....Love it!

tthreat08

Hey Ladies,

I purchased a jar of the Kinky Curly Curling Custard a little over a year ago. I used it once and hated it. I had ramen noodle hair. This morning I came across it again, and decided to give it another try. I used less of the product this time, and achieved excellent results. I'll definitely be keeping this as a staple product. Great curl definition!

Allandra

:wow:

Just look at those lovely curls.

:up:

Please don't tell me how good the KCCC is. This is something I don't have in my hair care stash (yet).

Queliq7

This looks fab!

Did you use the knot today with it as well? I heard they worked well together. Could you tell us how you applied? I.e. used on sopping wet hair or 80% wet? Also used with any other products?

I tried the curly custard twice, once before texturizing and once after & did not have great results

tthreat08

Thanks Ladies! No, I didn't use the Knot Today, but I am now considering ordering it since I figured out how to make the curling custard work for me.

What I did this morning was conditioner wash (I've been using pantene hydrating curls lately), and rinsed leaving lots of conditioner in may hair. I squeezed out the excess water without interrupting the curl clumps. Then, I took some of the custard into my hands (it's sticky) and lightly coated the curls. For my crown area, I used my finger tips to get "in there" without interrupting the clumps. (Once I interrupt those clumps in the crown area, it's afro frizz city). I let it air dry until I was done with my other beauty rituals...then used my diffuser to finish it...took about 5 minutes.

tthreat08

This looks fab!

Did you use the knot today with it as well? I heard they worked well together. Could you tell us how you applied? I.e. used on sopping wet hair or 80% wet? Also used with any other products?

I tried the curly custard twice, once before texturizing and once after & did not have great results

I can relate. I can't stand crunchy hair which is what I got the first time I used it a year ago. Since I'd read that others had great results, I fugured I'd used to much. Also, before I kind of infused my hair with it as opposed to kind of coating the curl clumps. By coating the clumps it just encourages the curl that's already there as opposed to seperating the curls and ending up with "gerri curly type crunchy curls" if you will.

chebaby

i like the kccc sometimes. it does not work well on my hair all the time but im still in the twa stage so maybe thats why. i only have like 5 inches of hair.

CurleeDST

I started using the gloss pomade and it is nice and keeps my edges from frizzing up like crazy!

I already use the Knot Today and bought the shampoo yesterday at Wholefoods and it definitely gets the gunk out the hair!

Got compliments on the hair today at work from everyone (white and black alike).

Really? What is the benefit of some of the other products you use?

Nappy_in_the_City

You hair came out gorgeous. The first time I used it my hair a) had weight so it hung, b) had extreme definition c) was full probably from me manipulating the root. I was staring at myself in my studio like "It looks like I have on a wig" It was SOOOOOOO pretty. Second time around, it looked normal... almost like I didn't apply product at all....

tthreat08

Hey Ladies!

Just wanted to share my continued excitement! I am on day 2 of my wash n'go....a first in history...I always have to redo. I LOVE this curling custard! The pic isn't that great as I took this one with my phone, but you can still see that I still have great curl definition on day 2! Yay!

mahoganee

My sister gave me what was left of hers. She said that it didn't work on her hair and thought it might on mine. I have my hair in small braids, siggy, and applied to the ends of my hair today. I like it a lot. I think I used too much too. It's not completely dry yet but what is dry feels a little bit crunchy. I'll definitely buy this!

classychic1908

I use conditioner and castor oil under my KCCC and it's never crunchy. I also shingle it in to get good coverage. If you find that it still dries a little stiff, just scrunch some conditioner, or oil on top. I can wear a wash n go for a week with this stuff!!

tthreat08

Thanks again Ladies! I'm on day 3! Seriously, I am truly amazed, and soooooo excited. I've been caring for my hair consciously for a few years now, but not much was exciting me. It was the same journey going on and on....I mean I have healthy hair, and it thrives and all, but there wasn't alot of excitement about the whole thing.....at least not like there was in the beginning. Wash n' go's kinda gave me the blues when I'd tried them because I didn't want to have to do the whole ritual everyday, AND I was self conscious about wearing big hair to work. But NOW, since overcoming my big hair phobia...lol...and realizing that I get sooooooo many more compliments about my natural curly hair styles than I do any other style, I want to rock my wash n' go. This product is such a WINNER for me!!! Oh yea, and DH loves it too...that's the best part about it! heehee

(Sorry if I seem overly excited:grin:).

Sunshine_One

Hey Ladies!

Just wanted to share my continued excitement! I am on day 2 of my wash n'go....a first in history...I always have to redo. I LOVE this curling custard! The pic isn't that great as I took this one with my phone, but you can still see that I still have great curl definition on day 2! Yay!

Beautiful hair! I love Kinky Curly. It's been a staple for me for a few years.

honesty

I am 4b and just don't believe ther eis a product that can "define' curls that i doubt i have. Are there any bonafied 4b's getting results with this product?

Mrs. Verde

I'm going to have to revisit KCCC. I tried this years ago before I found this board. I don't think I ever mixed it with the Knot Today. *deep sigh* One more than for me to add to my ever growing list.

blackbarbie

tthreat, how did I miss this thread? Your hair is to die for!
I am so trying not to add anything b/c I have a few staples that I "think" work, but this is looking more and more appealing to me!

And yes, I can hear the excitement in your last post about finding something that really works for you......Although I already have something that I think works, wonder if I need to try this KCCC just to be sure I am not missing out on the good stuff!:sekret:

BB

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Hey, u have gorgeous curls!:blush: I love how good your hair looks. Times like these I miss being natural.:sad: