HELP!!! Anyone try Kinky-Curly Shampoo or Knot-today??

Mrs.TheBronx

Thinking about buying today... my PJism is in full effect.. but I thought I should ask the wonderful women of LHCF before I made the purchase...

Has anyone tried Kinky-Curly Come Clean Moisturizing Shampoo or Kinky-Curly Knot Today??

How has it worked for you?

Are your curls more defined?

I already purchased the Kinky-Curly Curling Custard. By using the shampoo and knot today, make the experience with the Custard any better?

Please help...

Ms Lala

I REALLY like the Knot Today. It smooths the cuticle of the hair and allows my hair to air dry nicely. I haven't gotten good results yet w/the custard. It made my hair shrink even more and was kind of drying IMO. I may give it another try though.

Mrs.TheBronx

I REALLY like the Knot Today. It smooths the cuticle of the hair and allows my hair to air dry nicely. I haven't gotten good results yet w/the custard. It made my hair shrink even more and was kind of drying IMO. I may give it another try though.

Thanks alot, have u tried the custard using the knot today as a combo. Asking because thats what they recommend for better results?
have u tried the shampoo yet? it looks good.

SouthernTease

I like knot today...
I have the curly custard too... it's like gel...
my hair get's really hard but it's natural so I don't freak out water rinses the harness away...

Mrs.TheBronx

Here are the ingredients for the shampoo..

Ingredients: Purified water, organic mandarin orange fruit, organic marigold flower, organic white willow bark, organic sea kelp, c14-16 olefin, sulfonate and cocamidopropyl betaine (coconut derived), citric acid, sea salt, phenoxyethanol, natural fragrance.

Says:
Our exclusive blend of mandarin orange extract will gently clean your hair and scalp of dulling buildup while sea kelp will help maintain its proper moisture balance.

This sulfate-free shampoo is perfect for dry, damaged hair and is gentle enough for everyday use.

They look pretty good.. What do u all think???

Should I buy?

I have Dr. bronners peppermint shampoo but my hair feels tooo squeaky clean when i rinse it out.. almost like if I move it too much it will break off!!

Thanks southern tease.. I think i will think more about getting the knot today but still on the fence about the shampoo.....

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
When I was natural I used the combo together for about 3 months! I saw growth not due to the products it's self, but the fatc that I wasn't playing in my hair, not combing/brushing, and rinsing my hair every 2 to 3 days. I loove the way the custard smells, it's smells like tropical something :lick:. My only complain was it was kind of drying, and cause major shinkage. I use to appy it to freshly washed hair, keep my hair dripping and then apply the know today to detangle, then the custard like gel.

I suggest using the knot today first then another moisturizer to help with the dryness, and then the custard. And maybe after the custard dries a little add just a touch of oil.

Mrs.TheBronx

When I was natural I used the combo together for about 3 months! I saw growth not due to the products it's self, but the fatc that I wasn't playing in my hair, not combing/brushing, and rinsing my hair every 2 to 3 days. I loove the way the custard smells, it's smells like tropical something :lick:. My only complain was it was kind of drying, and cause major shinkage. I use to appy it to freshly washed hair, keep my hair dripping and then apply the know today to detangle, then the custard like gel.

I suggest using the knot today first then another moisturizer to help with the dryness, and then the custard. And maybe after the custard dries a little add just a touch of oil.

Thanks alot Sassy! I think i will try it that way! yes the custard does smell ridiculously good! I will have to order the knot today today! LOL and have u tried the shampoo??

locoabouthair

I have used KCC for about a year now, you have to be really careful, because too much will cause it to cake and flake.

I recently purchased the shampoo. It has not totally knocked my socks off, but I will give it a few more tries.

Mrs.TheBronx

I have used KCC for about a year now, you have to be really careful, because too much will cause it to cake and flake.

I recently purchased the shampoo. It has not totally knocked my socks off, but I will give it a few more tries.

Thanks soo much!! :) I will keep that in mind when i use it. and anything for that matter.. less is more! right? LOL :) I hope I like that shampoo too.. the reviews said it was good, and the real reason I brought it was because I got 5 bucks off the final price with a coupon code I found online!!! I brought the products at www.curlmart.com
Instead of 30 it was 25! YaY!!!!!!!!!!!!

lovinmylocs

I like the KCC a lot. I bought it when I was first natural (last year) and I didn't like it then. It was ok, but I couldn't figure out what the hype was about. I was on my own personal use it up challenge this year - my pjism was out of control - and ran out of my usual hair gel and fell in love with this. I use it like a hair gel and I like it for that purpose.

I also like Knot Today it's a great conditioner.

Mrs.TheBronx

I like the KCC a lot. I bought it when I was first natural (last year) and I didn't like it then. It was ok, but I couldn't figure out what the hype was about. I was on my own personal use it up challenge this year - my pjism was out of control - and ran out of my usual hair gel and fell in love with this. I use it like a hair gel and I like it for that purpose.

I also like Knot Today it's a great conditioner.

Thank u soo much, you made me feel better about my purchase today! LOL i can't wait until I get in the mail. SO i will have the shampoo and the knot today and the custard! I am gonna have a hair party! LOL ANYONE know of a good place for PJ's to get some help? :nono:

Ms Lala

Thanks alot, have u tried the custard using the knot today as a combo. Asking because thats what they recommend for better results?
have u tried the shampoo yet? it looks good.

I have only used the custard over the Knot Today as directed and I still got sucky results. I think my hair just doesn't like the custard. I haven't tried the poo. I''m pretty picky about shampoos and stick w/what I know.

Mrs.TheBronx

I have only used the custard over the Knot Today as directed and I still got sucky results. I think my hair just doesn't like the custard. I haven't tried the poo. I''m pretty picky about shampoos and stick w/what I know.

Yes I feel u on that, but the ingredents seemed really good thats why I just had to try it. Hopefully it works well.. Wish me luck!! :) I think i will try the products and for 2 strand twist and then roll it with magnetic rollers and see how it comes out.. Alot of people are saying that the custard gives major shrinkage so I will add the curlers to kinda str8en it out to see how it will fall after I take out the rollers.
What do u think?

KCCC and Knot today were meant to work together. For ME, my hair sees a definite difference if I've used the Knot Today or not. I have found that I get softer, more touchable hair that is still defined when using the KT. KCCC alone (of it I use too much, literally a nickel to quarter size per section is all you need) will give me harder hair.

But I love that it is water soluble and you can just co-wash and not use shampoo with it.

Let us know how it works for you!

Mrs.TheBronx

KCCC and Knot today were meant to work together. For ME, my hair sees a definite difference if I've used the Knot Today or not. I have found that I get softer, more touchable hair that is still defined when using the KT. KCCC alone (of it I use too much, literally a nickel to quarter size per section is all you need) will give me harder hair.

But I love that it is water soluble and you can just co-wash and not use shampoo with it.

Let us know how it works for you!

WOW!! thanks alot Kinkerbelle! That was a great tip! I cannot wait until the products arrive! And when used alone i can see how u say KCCC makes hair a lil stiff, but the KT is supposed to soften it up. So we will see how all 3 products work together.. with the rollers and after i am dry, I will add some coconut oil to it..

Do you get better results when you air dry or sit under the dryer with the KC products?!?!

Thanks girls!

Best results for me is a combo - I blast my hair with the diffuser for about 10 minutes, then let the rest airdry. I get great results, and some assistance with hair that otherwise would not fully dry in one day.

Sunshine_One

rThese are 2 (KT and KCCC)of my favorites products. I've been using both on and off for a year now and I love them! I agree with the other posters that less is best with this product. I say apply it in layers and monitor you results with each use. This way you will discover what works best for your hair.

I use these products year round. I just purchased the shampoo and pomade over the summer. The shampoo is OK...I think it will more of a clarifier for my use. The pomade is great for second day and beyond it really lays down any frizz that developes.

HTH

Mrs.TheBronx

Best results for me is a combo - I blast my hair with the diffuser for about 10 minutes, then let the rest airdry. I get great results, and some assistance with hair that otherwise would not fully dry in one day.

Yes and thats my problem.. it takes a while to dry! So i brought a hand held hair dryer bonnet attachment that works wonders!! Maybe I can try that and then let the rest air dry! I hope that will work. I dont own a diffuser..

What are the benefits rather than sitting under a hair dryer?

thanks!!

Mrs.TheBronx

rThese are 2 (KT and KCCC)of my favorites products. I've been using both on and off for a year now and I love them! I agree with the other posters that less is best with this product. I say apply it in layers and monitor you results with each use. This way you will discover what works best for your hair.

I use these products year round. I just purchased the shampoo and pomade over the summer. The shampoo is OK...I think it will more of a clarifier for my use. The pomade is great for second day and beyond it really lays down any frizz that developes.

HTH

Really!! NOW SUNSHINE, u are not gonna get me to buy the pomade!! LOL I am such a PJ! I need to stop! :wallbash: LOL
I haven't received my shampoo and the KT yet but i will still attempt to use my KCCC with the curlers and see how it turns out and i will only use a lil product.

I do have to say im a lil sad that people are not that excited about the shampoo.. The ingredients looked awesome.. I hope it works well for me. :)

Thanks!!!

Sunshine_One

Really!! NOW SUNSHINE, u are not gonna get me to buy the pomade!! LOL I am such a PJ! I need to stop! :wallbash: LOL
I haven't received my shampoo and the KT yet but i will still attempt to use my KCCC with the curlers and see how it turns out and i will only use a lil product.

I do have to say im a lil sad that people are not that excited about the shampoo.. The ingredients looked awesome.. I hope it works well for me. :)

Thanks!!!

Ok, I'm going to enable a lil .......you know they sell Kinky Curly products @ some Whole Foods stores. I picked up some last week here in DC @ the Georgetown Whole Foods.

In the interim you can use Elucence Moisture Balance, Giovonni Direct Leave-in, V05 Moisture Milks, or Suave (I like the Strawberry). I've used all of these under KCCC with great success.

HTH

Mrs.TheBronx

Ok, I'm going to enable a lil .......you know they sell Kinky Curly products @ some Whole Foods stores. I picked up some last week here in DC @ the Georgetown Whole Foods.

In the interim you can use Elucence Moisture Balance, Giovonni Direct Leave-in, V05 Moisture Milks, or Suave (I like the Strawberry). I've used all of these under KCCC with great success.

HTH

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on the phone to the local whole foods right now to ask if they have it!!! Girl stop playin! brb....

:nono: I called a few but they dont have it YET!! but they will have it in a few weeks!! YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the tip!

In the mean time i will use the suave coconut one.. i do have that on hand. :)