Kinky-Curly Curly Custard vs. Curls Whipped Cream?

Curly Custard vs. Whipped Cream?

• Curly Custard all the way!

Votes: 47 78.3%
  • Whipped Cream does it for me!

Votes: 13 21.7%

• Total voters

alwayzalady22

hey ladies!

with summertime approaching, the PJ in me is looking for a product that will better define and elongate my 4B coils that also is good at fighting humidity...i've been searching LHCF and other sites, and i've narrowed it down to the kinky-curly curly custard and the curls whipped cream.

for those of you that have tried one or both products, which do you like the most? which has the best hold? which elongates the curls without weighing them all the way down? which moisturizes the best? and most importantly, which one will help maintain my curls in the chicago humidity? :cool: also, if you use the curly custard, have you used knot today with it, as it is suggested on the site? if the custard and the knot today are that fab together, i don't mind spending the extra money ;)

i want to order one of the two in the next week or so, so any and all replies are welcomed! :)

guesswho

well I tried the curls whipped cream and it's ok, but what works for me for my wash and wear in the summer is oyin whipped pudding and oyin seal and shine serum with a dap of miss jessies buttercreme, my curls just pops out, and to hydrate my curl during the day I use scurl mixed with a little water and infusium in a spray bottle and I just mist it when it begins to get dry, I recently bought carols daughter hair milk and hair butter I'll see how that compares hth.:)

alwayzalady22

oh man, i dunno how i forgot to consider oyin! :ohwell: your hair is FAB, do you have pics of your wash and wear with the oyin in it? i'll have to investigate this further i see....:look:

guesswho

alwayzalady22 said:
oh man, i dunno how i forgot to consider oyin! :ohwell: your hair is FAB, do you have pics of your wash and wear with the oyin in it? i'll have to investigate this further i see....:look:

I don't have any pics I'll have to put some in my fotki, thanks for the compliment chica your hair looks great also:) oyin is great

Kurlee

I've tried both and i voted kinky curly. I think milkshake is designed for 3b hair types, it DID NOTHING for my hair except make it look dry and white and i tried with it till teh jar was done wiht no success> Curling custard , looks good everytime.

dwynde

Hey everyone!! Relatively new to the site and love it!!!

I'm guessing "bumping" means giving an old topic new life, right. Well I'm glad to see the question because I've been considering ordering the Knot Today/ Curling Custard combo. It's actually on my "pay day" list. (I'm an uber product junkie!) Would love to hear more results using the combo.

I own and regularly use (cause I've haven't found the next best thing) the Curls Whipped Cream. It's really moisturizing on twists and my hair is much softer when I shampoo. It's also softening and curl enhancing when I apply with little manipulation to wet hair then sit under the dryer. But my hair doesn't seem to absorb the moisture if I just apply it when wet and go.

ShaniKeys

I voted 4 Curls Whipped Cream, I've never tried the infamous KCCC. CWC has its pros and cons, I like the smell, the consistency and the way it makes my hair feel&smell. But honestly, it does more straightening than coiling/curling:ohwell:

SheenaVee

i just ordered curls whipped cream. cnt wait for it to get here. I wish i could order kinky curly but ive looked and i dont think i can get it shipped over here :( I love the smell of the curls products.

Ganjababy

I have tried the curls whipped cream. Did not like it on my wash and go, it was drying. I plan to try KCCC

Zay-neey

Im transitioning, and when i go fully natural i want to try Kinky-Curly Curling Custard. I would like to see more pros and cons tho

Muffinz05

I tried both and i vote for curls souffle (whipped cream is too heavy for my hair). Don't get me wrong, KCCC is great for elimating shrinkage and defining curls but it left my hair very hard and dry and I didn't even use much. As for Curls Souffle, it leaves my hair moistured and I still have the definition.

Aggie

I'm glad I popped in here. I think I will be trying the KCCC when I'm fully texlaxed for sure. I might have to do quite a bit of trial and error to find the perfect cream to make my curls pop.

PhiLee

I think I am one of the only people on earth who can't stand the kinky- curly custard or knot today. They dry white and make me look like I have a jherri curl. (I use the pomade for shine and moisture, though, after diffusing.)

Curls whipped cream is actually one of my winter staples, but not, I repeat, NOT for definition. It is uber- moisturizing, but I found that it actually leaves my hair a frizzy moisturized bush. So I use it as a nightly moisturizer, not as a styler.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
KCCC has given me the best curl def. ever. I'm sad because I can't always afford it.:sad: IC gel...I have to use a ton of it to get curls.:rolleyes:

kurlybella

I think I am one of the only people on earth who can't stand the kinky- curly custard or knot today. They dry white and make me look like I have a jherri curl. (I use the pomade for shine and moisture, though, after diffusing.)

Curls whipped cream is actually one of my winter staples, but not, I repeat, NOT for definition. It is uber- moisturizing, but I found that it actually leaves my hair a frizzy moisturized bush. So I use it as a nightly moisturizer, not as a styler.

naw you ain't. boogers in your hair is not a good look. i don't like the texture either and no i don't use too much. i just don't get the hype. :nono:

Sugar Brown

KCCC is one of my staples - with or without the knot today. Nothing is better for defining coils and waves and shine.

I use it for twist outs; wash and gos; and curly buns. I can sit under the dryer or air dry (it does take forever to air dry) with no problem.

No boogers, no flakes - just shiny happy hair.

HTH

Ronnieaj

I have both and use them in different ways. For wash and go, KCCC is by far the best for me! I love that stuff. I buy 2 or 3 at a time (an expensive habit, I know :yep:), so I never run out. I use it with or without KCKT. I can use TJ Nourish Spa with the same results, and my hair accepts with even when I have an oil blend on my hair (some say KCCC doesn't play well with oil, but it works fine for me). When I do twists/twist outs, I use Whipped Cream. Does NOT work for definition for me--I end up with a fuzzy halo.

chebaby

for me its curls whipped cream. i love that stuff. i have and use(once in a while) the kccc but i hate hard hold and crunchy hair and thats what i get with the kccc. the whipped pudding gives me great definition while moisturizing my hair.

lilvudufly

I just bought KCCC and I have never used whipped cream. For almost $25 I hope it works. I am really excited about trying it because I need to stop the heat period. I don't think I will use too much because I don't wan the hard hair that Ms. Jessie's gave me (even though I love the definition). Next time Iwill try the buttercreme it may be softer.

jazzysweet

naw you ain't. boogers in your hair is not a good look. i don't like the texture either and no i don't use too much. i just don't get the hype. :nono:

lol... I do remember catching a few of those hair boogers when I used KCCC because it is soo globby. If you like the wet look go with KCCC because it will take hours to dry. I do think it was was very moisturizing though. If I wasnt so concerned with my length I would continue to use it but it gave me more shrinkage. I am doing well with my mix of Long Aid curl activator gel mixed with fantasia IC. I also add in a little Ms. Jessies Curly Pudding for the smell. I wouldnt put too much Ms. Jessies because it is sooo expensive and really dries out my hair.

I cant vote because I never tried CWC to compare the two.

lashannasmall

I think Kinky Curly is good when dealing with coarse tight curls. You really need something heavy to get 4A/4B to pop. For instance the just leaving in the conditioner like Terri does on tightly curly does not work on my daughter or me but the Kinky Curly does. Yes, you may have to chill around the house a while until it gets about 70% dry or you may have white hair. I sometimes will go back over each little curl and run my finger down where it is white(like on tightlycurly.com) to get the access out. You can also use a diffuser if you have to be somewhere soon to dry it without messing with the curl pattern.

The less you use, the less trouble you have with the white snotty stuff. It will take trail and error to figure out how much you need to get the definition you want.

Sunshine_One

In my experience Curls Whipped cream works better as a moisturizer. The only way I use it as a styler is when I combine it with Curls Milkshake as the leave-in for twist/braid outs. KCCC is great for curl definition and shine. If use too much it can dry crunchy...but that can be easily softened with the pomade or any hair oil. That hold it will give you multiple day hair. Using KCCC can be a bit of trial and error, but once you perfect "your" technique it gives fabulous defined wash n go hair.

HTH

ETA: I usually use the KCCC w/ Knot Today. I have also used it successfully with Elucence Moisture Balancing and Suave Naturals Strawberry.

Last edited:

hola_lo2002

I prefer Curls Whipped Cream. At first, i was putting too much in my hair but now thatI know that I only need a nickel size of product for half my head, i like the results that i'm getting. No more white flakes or dull looking hair (which used to happen when I was putting too much of this product on my hair)!!

As for KCCC, i really don't like it. No matter how minimal the amount of this product I put on my hair, it always ends up looking really shiny/greasy and hard and it makes my hair look fake as hell... Many curlies have had good experience with it but my hair couldn't take it....

Sherbetcane

i cant compare curls whipped cream to kinky curly, anytime i go back to it i just regret it. the whipped cream is just drying no matter the moisturizer i use under or after it it doesnt give me alot of definition like the kccc. Kccc is a staple of mine. i mix it with qhemets honeybush softgel. First i apply apply my moisturizer then i apply the mixture on top of it...softness and definition at its best........:)