Komaza Care Analysis Results

gemruby41

I had my phone consultation with Komaza Care and this was the final report sent to me.

Hair Porosity: High
Hair Texture: .042mm-0.108mm Majority of the hair is Med/Thick with some fine strands
Hair Length: 8-9 inches
Observation:
Viewed collected hair shed under microscope using 60x to 1000x magnifications. Cuticle damage, signs of thinning and some breakage. Focus on strengthening the hair and preventing thinning.

Recommendations: Trim ¼ inch every 8-10weeks or every relaxer.

Protein Hair Strengthener: weekly or biweekly. If you use our protein you can do this treatment every week.

Wash Hair with shampoo once a week. (Use a sulfate shampoo that has gentle proteins). You can pre poo with Coconut Oil. Massage scalp thoroughly with the coconut oil and let it set for about 10-20 min.

Apply leave in conditioner: leave in Conditioner with proteins, ceramides/ bamboo, then follow with a little of your sealant (Serum). If using gel to slick back into a bun use your hands and not a boars brush.

No Boars brush or thin combs at all.

Do not use products that have mineral oil and petroleum.

Do not pull the hair back to tight.

Bountiful Mane Serum: apply to the scalp daily. You can apply at night. This is everything you need to keep a very healthy scalp and will keep inflammation down and minimize the itching while promoting hair growth.

Vitamins: Maxi Hair by Country Life and L- Cysteine 2000mg a day 1000mg twice a day
Drink Protein shakes about 2 times a day to incorporate more protein into your diet. You can mix with Almond/Rice Milk/water.

Super greens powder from Traders Joes/vitamin shoppe is a great way to get all your vitamins and minerals.

Black Strap Molasses: 2 Tablespoons a day

Stay Hydrated. Drink at least 8 classes of water day, this helps to keep your hair hydrated as well of your body. This is very important. Try lemon water and coconut water to help hydrate you.

Exercise: This will help stimulate circulation to your scalp, not to mention all the health benefits it provides in balancing hormones.

Start from the inside out:
Eat whole unprocessed foods such as: Whole grains, colorful fruits and vegetable(Cruciferous: cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, kale and Cauliflower) ,Fish (wild caught), legumes, beans, nuts and seeds. Dairy products and eggs that are hormone free. Limit intake of alcohol, sugar and caffeine. Here is a list of some wonderful foods to nourish you natural beauty: Wild Salmon, Yogurt, Oysters, Blueberries, Kiwifruit, Sweet Potatoes, Spinach, Tomatoes, Walnuts, Dark Chocolate.

While on the phone with Jenn, she said that I needed to focus on getting more protein in my hair to strengthen it because of the cuticle damage. She recommended that I use products with some form of protein in all steps of the wash day process. She that I can choose the gentle proteins such as wheat, soy, silk, collagen, and jojoba in leave in products, shampoos, and moisturizer.

She told me not to use sulfate free shampoos and not to use co washing as my main washing method. I asked about pre pooing, and she said that it wasn't necessary unless I'm having scalp issues. If that's the case, use coconut oil to pre poo. She also said that I can blow dry my hair after washing, as long as I use a good heat protectant. She doesn't recommend me air drying my hair because the cuticles are not laying flat when I do.

The only products she mentioned from Komaza Care was the protein treatment and the scalp serum. I mentioned other products that they sell, and she said that I didn't need those. She said that she would send me a sample of the protein treatment to see if I like before buying it. I had told her that I used this treatment before, and it made my hair brittle and hard to detangle even after deep conditioning. She said the formula has changed since then, and that it has less protein. She stated that their protein treatment could be used every week, and a regular conditioner after is sufficient.

I'll try her recommendations and see what happenes.

iLurk

Your results are very similar to mine. I'm about 2 months post analysis now and I can already see an improvement in my hair. Ive been using the bountiful mane serum and rarely have an itchy scalp now. I didn't even have the pre relaxer scalp itch that is usually have days before it. If you do buy that stuff you might want to put our in a different bottle for easier application though.

Blackstrap molasses is disgusting to swallow so you probably would want to mix it with tea or something

gemruby41

Your results are very similar to mine. I'm about 2 months post analysis now and I can already see an improvement in my hair. Ive been using the bountiful mane serum and rarely have an itchy scalp now. I didn't even have the pre relaxer scalp itch that is usually have days before it. If you do buy that stuff you might want to put our in a different bottle for easier application though.

Blackstrap molasses is disgusting to swallow so you probably would want to mix it with tea or something
I ordered the bountiful mane serum yesterday. My scalp always itches like crazy, so I'm hoping I can get some relief.

maxineshaw

LOL @CaraWalker and here I came into this thread thinking that I would do this on my next bc anniversary. Now you just make me want to try harder at taking care of my hair.

gemruby41

I totally agree about everyone's results being similar. Luckily I didn't pay for it with my own money, so I can't complain. I want to start my hair journey over with a foundation, so I can know where to start without having to experiment with so many products.

LdyKamz

When they first started doing these the results were varied and it was kind of cool reading about everyone's hair. There was a really long thread here but I haven't seen it bumped in a while.

I did mine when they first started and vowed never to do it again because- even though she sent me pictures of my hair- she said there wasn't enough hair to do a proper analysis so she gave me some generic info and sent me a sample of a few of the products. That was enough for me.

I did like the protein strengthener though.

sikora

I disagree with everyone's results being the same. I completed my analysis last week and I was actually told to fall back from moisture deep conditioning and avoid using oils on my hair as my hair is over moisturized with damaged and lifted cuticles.

She recommended that I maintain my protein deep conditioners every other week, but she explained why. It wasn't a random suggestion that she pulled out of the air.

It may seem like the same because people tend to post the summary report but a lot is covered in the hour spent on the phone.

spacetygrss

I disagree with everyone's results being the same. I completed my analysis last week and I was actually told to fall back from moisture deep conditioning and avoid using oils on my hair as my hair is over moisturized with damaged and lifted cuticles.

She recommended that I maintain my protein deep conditioners every other week, but she explained why. It wasn't a random suggestion that she pulled out of the air.

It may seem like the same because people tend to post the summary report but a lot is covered in the hour spent on the phone.
I agree with this 100%. I got mine the other day and we talked on the phone for 30+ minutes. We went step-by-step through my routine and gave me very specific recommendations. She also wants me to check back in with her in 4 months so that she can look at my hair under the microscope (free of charge). She didn't push her products, was very knowledgeable, etc. Summaries can be misleading.

Also, I'd imagine that many of us have similar issues, particularly if many of us are following the same advice/bandwagons found on the internet/LHCF. There's nothing surprising about that at all. Also, the last part of the reports are going to be the same/similar because it's general advice for everyone (drink water, take your vitamins, etc).

sikora

I agree with this 100%. I got mine the other day and we talked on the phone for 30+ minutes. We went step-by-step through my routine and gave me very specific recommendations. She also wants me to check back in with her in 4 months so that she can look at my hair under the microscope (free of charge). She didn't push her products, was very knowledgeable, etc. Summaries can be misleading.

Also, I'd imagine that many of us have similar issues, particularly if many of us are following the same advice/bandwagons found on the internet/LHCF. There's nothing surprising about that at all. Also, the last part of the reports are going to be the same/similar because it's general advice for everyone (drink water, take your vitamins, etc).

^^ This all day! A large part of why my hair is in the state it's in is because I was following what other people did. My hair didn't need oil, but according to the internet, the steps for moisturizing natural hair are LOC or LCO (everyday), so that's what I did. Now I know that MY hair doesn't require all of that. I can go 2-3 days without moisturizing my hair.

gemruby41

My hair is also over moisturized with alot of lifted cuticles. She even recommended a shampoo with protein to strengthen my hair. People tend to recommend moisturizing routines for hair, and the hair suffers for it. I was surprised when she told me that air drying wasn't necessary. Because my cuticles are lifted, air drying was making it worse. She said heat is not a bad thing as long as you take precautions.

gemruby41

^^ This all day! A large part of why my hair is in the state it's in is because I was following what other people did. My hair didn't need oil, but according to the internet, the steps for moisturizing natural hair are LOC or LCO (everyday), so that's what I did. Now I know that MY hair doesn't require all of that. I can go 2-3 days without moisturizing my hair.
She told me the same thing about not moisturizing and sealing every day. My hair is relaxed. I asked her about pre poo, and she said people should only do it if they have scalp issues. She mentioned that hair doesn't need so many steps to be healthy. She said for me to follow the instructions on the products.

iLurk

Lol I tried copying somebody's komaza recommendations last year and it flopped which prompted me to get my own. All these results with similar protein recommendations might be due to most of us falling for the you need lots of moisturiser, little protein setup. Plus I've learned some things about my hair in general that nobody would have been able to tell me. :look:

so1913

If you think about it, there isn't much to proper hair care. Proper handling/maintenance, moisture and protein balance. I wouldn't expect the steps to be any different, but more so where the focus is for each individual. Some may need to focus more on moisture than protein and vice versa. We cause damage to our hair via chemicals, rough handling etc. It could be more our styling/maintance habits that need to change. Some have irreversable damage, at that point its trimming off the majority of your damaged hair while protecting and retaining new growth to see progress. Some may need to focus on strengthening hair which is done by adding protein. Some of us have moisture issues and depending on the cause it could be the need for more moisture or more protein. If anything, these analysis point you in the direction of where to focus. I hadn't done protein treatments in years and that seemed to be the biggest issue to my hair retaining moisture. So now I faithfully use the protein treatment every two weeks without changing anything else I was doing and I definitely see a difference in my moisture level.

Although the steps are similar amongst everyone's analysis (protein, trimming, etc), I do see the emphasis on where to focus vary (Some protein treatment once a week, others every 2 to 4....some trim 1 inch every so many weeks at first, then down to 1/4...some 1/4 maintenance trims every 3 months from the beginning). I personally found it helpful and reassured that I am doing a good job with my hair, and now by adding protein, I'm doing even better.