My Komaza Hair Analysis Results

Fine 4s

I made the decision to avoid stylists for trims so I'm on the other side of the camp.
I didn't read all the responses but the benefit to going to a salon vs. cutting at home, would be for the shears IF the client believes that the salon shears are better. Otherwise, the only difference is the cut.
For clarification purposes, are we implying that the stylist will SEE splits and cut the client's hair into a style or shape according to what hair needs to be cut? Most stylist I know don't waste time searching for damage hair. In fact, I'm unsure if enough of them know what 'damage' hair really looks like. If the ends are freyed=damage which is not always the case. Consider the possibly that your blow-drying or roller-setting technique is poor? Just saying.
So for ME, good shears and a search and destroy approach, I should be all set. Two natural hair gurus come to mind, Eclark and Naptural85. They both self trim and we've seen their hair grow tons over the years.
I have shears from hairschool that I probably should have sharpen....

CaraWalker

She also told me that my hair is thick with normal porosity. She said most people with kinky hair have normal to high porosity and that the hair strand in a glass of water porosity test is a joke. That test told me I had low porosity hair which is why I was doing the baking soda treatments.

im glad you said that. i already dismissed it because whether or not my hair floated in a glass, it's obvious that my hair is extremely porous. floating in a glass or not wasn't going to make me think any differently.

CaraWalker

Thanks for sharing seems like a lot of us have results needing more protein. Only thing I would be cautious about is the vitamin D though. Was always advised don't mess with it unless you truly are deficient cause it can be toxic if you overdose.

well this isnt surprising. dont they sell protein products? :look:

im not criticizing using this service but this is very obviously tailored at the market of black female dollars...

virtuenow

im not criticizing using this service but this is very obviously tailored at the market of black female dollars...
Not at all. In fact, they did not recommend any Komaza products to me during my analysis. Several ladies reported the same thing. Jenn flat out expressed her reluctance at doing so to be clear that you're getting an unbiased review. All the recs were for different companies (like Nexxus Emergencee, etc). Only after I pressed for Komaza specific products; and others did Jenn begin to give Komaza recommendations.

iLurk

She doesn't just suggest protein products but dietary protein as well. I've seen that suggestion pop up in a lot results here too.

BostonMaria

She gave you great advice! I tried baking soda and it was the devil LOL Made my scalp burn like if i had a damn relaxer on my head. I'm also tenderheaded so it just didn't work for me.

6. Vary the place of my buns, ponytails and braids because she was concerned about the number of indentations on my strands.
Yep! When I was a teenager I decided to put my hair up in a ponytail every day for a few months. My hair grew.. except in the crown area! That area was badly damaged and I ended up having to cut my hair short. I learned a hard lesson to alternate the location of my buns every so often to prevent breakage.

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
[QUOTE="curlicarib,

But I have trust issues.

@curlicarib, what happened to cause your trust issues with stylists?[/QUOTE]

Always being too slick for their own good. In the past 10 years I've been to a stylist twice. The first time all I wanted was a wash, condition and blowout. The first thing she said to me was I needed a cut. Not trim but cut. About 4 inches if I recall correctly. Which meant I would have left with a 6 - 9 inch cut. Of course I told her no. When I got home I checked my ends and found them smooth and split free.

The second time I washed and conditioned my hair and went to the Dominicans for a set and blowout. They quoted me one price. When they took down my hair, they tacked on an additional $10 for "length". At the time my hair was slightly past BSL. Then she decided that my ends were damaged and needed to be cut. She didn't say anything to me, just reached for the sissors. I saw the sissors coming my way from the corner of my eyes and quickly leaned forward. I asked her WTF she was doing!!!???? She then told me about how damaged my hair was and that it needed cutting. I gave her the stink eye, put my hair back up in a wet bun and left. When I got home, I blow dried it and checked my ends. Again smooth and split free, which is what I expected since I had trimmed it myself about two weeks prior.

I now have zero trust in hair dressers/stylists. It's like they hate to see anyone with long hair.

julzinha

@curlicarib, what happened to cause your trust issues with stylists?

Always being too slick for their own good. In the past 10 years I've been to a stylist twice. The first time all I wanted was a wash, condition and blowout. The first thing she said to me was I needed a cut. Not trim but cut. About 4 inches if I recall correctly. Which meant I would have left with a 6 - 9 inch cut. Of course I told her no. When I got home I checked my ends and found them smooth and split free.

The second time I washed and conditioned my hair and went to the Dominicans for a set and blowout. They quoted me one price. When they took down my hair, they tacked on an additional $10 for "length". At the time my hair was slightly past BSL. Then she decided that my ends were damaged and needed to be cut. She didn't say anything to me, just reached for the sissors. I saw the sissors coming my way from the corner of my eyes and quickly leaned forward. I asked her WTF she was doing!!!???? She then told me about how damaged my hair was and that it needed cutting. I gave her the stink eye, put my hair back up in a wet bun and left. When I got home, I blow dried it and checked my ends. Again smooth and split free, which is what I expected since I had trimmed it myself about two weeks prior.

I now have zero trust in hair dressers/stylists. It's like they hate to see anyone with long hair.[/QUOTE]

Especially black women!!

gn1g

I use to have a friend that would give me surgeon scissors for sewing, but I lost contact with her.
beauty schools normally have a person come in often to sharpen the scissors. so maybe look for a scissor sharpener and ask them what are the sharpest scissors they know of

caribeandiva

Human being
I use to have a friend that would give me surgeon scissors for sewing, but I lost contact with her.
beauty schools normally have a person come in often to sharpen the scissors. so maybe look for a scissor sharpener and ask them what are the sharpest scissors they know of
That's a good idea. It's a good way to save money.