Komaza Care HAIR ANALYSIS Service - Rave!

virtuenow

I had my analysis done in early Dec. I never got a "follow-up" call and she never mentioned anything about following up either. Perhaps faithVA is right and they stopped doing this.

Ok, now that I'm thinking about this: I did get two envelopes and I believe the instructions stated that I was going to have a follow-up, but I ordered back in, like... July, lol. It took four months for me to send my stuff off, so maybe they had stopped doing that by the time I got my analysis.

Well, you were part of the first wave (July). That means they sent you instructions to follow up in 3 months from the time of your consultation. So I would just send the follow-up sample in; or in the very least, follow-up in another way (if you care). I actually read your post on your first analysis and they said your hair was in good condition...hmph

Last edited:

mg1979

Hmm...I feel like they should have lowered the price if they were going to cut the service by discontinuing the 3 month follow up.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

virtuenow

Hmm...I feel like they should have lowered the price if they were going to cut the service by discontinuing the 3 month follow up.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I think the issue is, it was a lot more work than they initially expected. So if anything, they should probably raise the price and add the service in (or make it an option at a higher price.

faithVA

I think the issue is, it was a lot more work than they initially expected. So if anything, they should probably raise the price and add the service in (or make it an option at a higher price.

That is what I was thinking but didn't want to say it out loud. $65 wasn't enough to cover what they were doing for any sustainable time. That covers about 1 hour of work and they were giving more than that with the analysis, doc prep, follow up call, emails and then another analysis, follow up call. :nono:

That's the way business goes. Offer something, re-evaluate, make changes, etc.

coyacoy

That is a major bummer if they aren't doing the follow up anymore the follow up was essential! I'm going to inquire about that if that's the case then I am going to make a kind suggestion that they bring it back!

Onhergrind09

faithVA, I agree with you completely, I knew it was just a matter of time until they realized that $65 wasn't going to cut it. My first phone call was 2 hours and my 3 week follow-up was an hour, but for the level of service I was getting (before they got swamped) I'd definitely do it again.

myhairgrowstoo

I actually want to do a Komazacare Challenge for any one who has purchased or is thinking of purchasing a consultation to do a 3 Month Challenge after they receive their results since komzacare doesn't offer a 3 month follow up anymore this way any one can check their hair health. It could be a personal challenge

faithVA

For those of you who mailed your sample recently, have you heard anything yet?

I mailed it last Friday. Nope. How long does it usually take? I mailed from Pittsburgh, Pa

They used to email you 1 or 2 days after they received your sample. Then your consultation is 10 to 15 days after that. Not sure if that is how they still do it. They have changed a few things.

I think regular mail is still 4 to 5 days from the east coast.

southerncitygirl

I think she should charge btw 200-300 for this service and include follow-ups at the 3, 6, and 9-12 month marks, in addition to the consultation. Many ppl spend more than this in a 6-12 month period on products that don't work. I think she got more than she bargained for when she came up with this idea as an add-on to her product line. Its good that she discovered it early on and she can tweak it. In the future I may try this service even though I know what works for my tresses just to see if I'm getting the most bang for my bang with my reggie/products. I've been lurking in this thread for a while.

faithVA

I think she should charge btw 200-300 for this service and include follow-ups at the 3, 6, and 9-12 month marks, in addition to the consultation. Many ppl spend more than this in a 6-12 month period on products that don't work. I think she got more than she bargained for when she came up with this idea as an add-on to her product line. Its good that she discovered it early on and she can tweak it. In the future I may try this service even though I know what works for my tresses just to see if I'm getting the most bang for my bang with my reggie/products. I've been lurking in this thread for a while.

I think you are right. I think it was more than expected. And this board can be powerful in generating new business. So it took them by storm :lol:

I would like to see the service ala carte. Analysis and then add what you want. After having the service I don't really need several follow-up calls. And from those who had a follow-up call there wasn't really a lot of new information.

I definitely agree that I have spent much more than $300 in product. And that doesn't include the hair I lost over the years.

You sound like a business woman yourself :yep:

myhairgrowstoo

She should though still charge something w/o the follow ups bc if it was that much I never would of paid for it. Broke college kid here. That money can go towards my college books lol

myhairgrowstoo

They used to email you 1 or 2 days after they received your sample. Then your consultation is 10 to 15 days after that. Not sure if that is how they still do it. They have changed a few things.

Wow they're def behind then :///

faithVA

Wow they're def behind then :///

That's the way they used to do it. That was in August of last year. I don't know what the new procedure is. And yeah, I don't know how many people are before you.

The last few people that had it done, didn't mention getting an initial email. They were just notified when their analysis was ready.

I know you are excited but hold on. It's coming :yep:

myhairgrowstoo

That's the way they used to do it. That was in August of last year. I don't know what the new procedure is. And yeah, I don't know how many people are before you.

The last few people that had it done, didn't mention getting an initial email. They were just notified when their analysis was ready.

I know you are excited but hold on. It's coming :yep:

Okay thanks!

classoohfive

I mailed my sample almost 2 weeks ago, so I was expecting an email by now saying they have it. Maybe they don't do that anymore or they're behind... I hope it didn't get lost or delivered to the wrong place. :lol:

Edit: Right now the site says:

After we receive your hair sample a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you. Within 7-10 business days after receiving your hair sample we will contact you with our recommendations and your results. You will be able to view your hair analysis results and images when logged into your Komaza Care account.

So yeah, I should have received that confirmation email by now. I'll email them next week if I don't hear anything soon.

Last edited:

mg1979

I bit my tongue for so long, but this service did not work for me.

1) I received my first phone call over an hour late.
2) I didn't receive my hair analysis in a timely manner. Purchased analysis on 7/18 and I finally received it on 9/24.
3) Contact had to be made via email twice before the hair analysis results and recommendations were received; and the majority of the contents of the hair analysis and recommendations were not discussed via the telephone conversation.
4) Two follow-up appointments that were made never happened. At that point, I was done.

I am reluctant to share my opinion, too, amwcah, as I have some mixed feelings about this hair analysis. I just got my results and I don't feel what I got was worth the $65. I previously did the Live Curly Live Free for $13 and feel like I didn't get much more for this one other than to look at some slides. I had some questions that she did not answer, she didn't seem very knowledgeable or professional on the phone, and the written report was pooorly written - most likely a rush job from the looks of it. There was one question I did have on something she told me, so she had to ask Renee and found out she was wrong on what she told me the first time. Part of me wonders if the different positive reviews depends on who does your analysis, which doesn't seem right to me.

I'm glad it's really worked for some people - I just don't think I personally would recommend to any friends.

faithVA

[USER=105429 said:
mg1979[/USER];17867869]I am reluctant to share my opinion, too, @amwcah, as I have some mixed feelings about this hair analysis. I just got my results and I don't feel what I got was worth the $65. I previously did the Live Curly Live Free for $13 and feel like I didn't get much more for this one other than to look at some slides. I had some questions that she did not answer, she didn't seem very knowledgeable or professional on the phone, and the written report was pooorly written - most likely a rush job from the looks of it. There was one question I did have on something she told me, so she had to ask Renee and found out she was wrong on what she told me the first time. Part of me wonders if the different positive reviews depends on who does your analysis, which doesn't seem right to me.

I'm glad it's really worked for some people - I just don't think I personally would recommend to any friends.

Are you willing to share your analysis with us. I don't think people should be reluctant to share their experience here. But it would be helpful to hear the analysis if you feel comfortable sharing it with us.

Were you having an issue with your hair?

I don't think its possible to have a product or service that 100% of people enjoy. So for those following us to really have a good sample all views are needed. Even those that liked it had both positive and negative to say.

And I wish amwcah would have shared more.

growingbrown

I had my consultation with Komaza on Feb. 5. For me, it went quite well and a little unexpected. She told me that my hair was in good condition, no thinning, healthy roots. My hair has normal porosity. She likes the way I have been caring for my hair with using the LOC method of moisturizing. She recommend a trim of 1/4 inch due to some split ends, moisturizing my hair more often twice a week, more routine protein treatments to help with a couple of mid shaft splits. Overall no further consultation needed. I find that I am really caring for my hair really well and will continue to keep my washing, conditioning, and styling routine the same with a few tweaks from Komaza. I truly recommend this service.

coyacoy

I am reluctant to share my opinion, too, amwcah, as I have some mixed feelings about this hair analysis. I just got my results and I don't feel what I got was worth the $65. I previously did the Live Curly Live Free for $13 and feel like I didn't get much more for this one other than to look at some slides. I had some questions that she did not answer, she didn't seem very knowledgeable or professional on the phone, and the written report was pooorly written - most likely a rush job from the looks of it. There was one question I did have on something she told me, so she had to ask Renee and found out she was wrong on what she told me the first time. Part of me wonders if the different positive reviews depends on who does your analysis, which doesn't seem right to me.

mg1979..... I am willing to bet that if you contacted them and let them know you weren't real pleased with the service that they would do it again for you at no charge..... their customer service is really outstanding like that so if you're interested then you may wanna give it a try ....the worst they can say is no ;-)

amwcah

mg1979

I'm sorry it didn't work for you either. Actually, Renee was the one who poorly serviced me; so from the sound of things its not just her. The customer service was not outstanding for me. :nono:

coyacoy

I encourage those of you who had negative experiences to give Komaza feedback ....even if it's too late to make it right with you the feedback will help them do better with others...so sorry it didn't work out for you!

biznesswmn

Hey ladies! Has anybody who mailed their sample in early january recvd any phone consultation from komaza? I am still waitg... Do i need to call and put the pressure on?

mg1979

Are you willing to share your analysis with us. I don't think people should be reluctant to share their experience here. But it would be helpful to hear the analysis if you feel comfortable sharing it with us.

Were you having an issue with your hair?

I don't think its possible to have a product or service that 100% of people enjoy. So for those following us to really have a good sample all views are needed. Even those that liked it had both positive and negative to say.

And I wish amwcah would have shared more.

@mg1979..... I am willing to bet that if you contacted them and let them know you weren't real pleased with the service that they would do it again for you at no charge..... their customer service is really outstanding like that so if you're interested then you may wanna give it a try ....the worst they can say is no ;-)

I encourage those of you who had negative experiences to give Komaza feedback ....even if it's too late to make it right with you the feedback will help them do better with others...so sorry it didn't work out for you!

faithVA: I may share my results once i have a little time to put together my thoughts and come up wit a synopsis or highlights.

coyacoy: I did contact them back with my question and that when I didn't get a full answer to my question. When I have more time, I might try to come up with a detailed explanation of my dissatisfaction.

I will say one thing that had me skeptical was that she asked during my phone consultation, "Are you natural?" Seriously? How can you not tell under a microscope given how relaxers change the hair plus it was on my questionnaire.

Onhergrind09

As I previously stated, about 1.5 weeks ago, I sent in my 3 month follow-up (in actuality my 5 month follow-up, I was super late with it). Thinking that they might be presently overwhelmed, I decided to send them an email just to find out if they've received my sample yet. I got a response within 4 hours stating that my sample was received and to allow 10 business days for my results to be analyzed and for a follow-up phone call to be scheduled. So I'll update you guys after I've had my follow-up :)