Ladies in Europe

Oh shoot now! Ok well I am a soldier in Germany, well I am in Iraq now but my init is out of Germany, and I am dying to try the Silk Elements Relaxer!!! They will not shio it to me and the african BSS here dont have it!!! Should I just try something else or do you all know an international BSS that carries this one? TIA!

I don't know if you found the answer yet, but where I live in Germany they have TONS of relaxers at the PX...and our PX is tiny. I just ordered some Silk Elements Moisturizer from SallyBeauty.com, have you tried there?

Bublin

Has Sallys stops stocking Silk Elements deep conditioner? I loved that stuff but now can't find it anywhere. :(

Nameless

Hey ladies, just wanted to let you know that there's a seller on Ebay called "thesalonthing" (I think) and he sells cheap steamers. I bought one for £140 and it's really good. He does next day delivery. The couriers damaged the hood of my steamer and he sent me a new replacement hood quickly (obviously, I had to show him the proof) and he kept me constantly informed about what was going on with my package.

Melissa Daniel

I don't know if you found the answer yet, but where I live in Germany they have TONS of relaxers at the PX...and our PX is tiny. I just ordered some Silk Elements Moisturizer from SallyBeauty.com, have you tried there?

Hey! They won't ship relaxers to apo. But I had some one buy it and send it to me. Thanks anyway. I use photo now. Oh where r u in Germany? I am back now in Wiesbaden. Also does anyone know where I can buy a hooded dryer in Germany?

Embyra

i went to boots and bought the naked rescue shampoo and conditioner its EXCELLENT as it says on the bottle you will get a better lather second time round:yep:
my curls were popping and stayed that way even dry normally my curls only appear when wet then when dry im left with pure frizz

i think they do travel sizes its worth trying this stuff out IMO:yep::lick:

Curlykale

i went to boots and bought the naked rescue shampoo and conditioner its EXCELLENT as it says on the bottle you will get a better lather second time round:yep:
my curls were popping and stayed that way even dry normally my curls only appear when wet then when dry im left with pure frizz

i think they do travel sizes its worth trying this stuff out IMO:yep::lick:

The sensitive shampoo has very mild and all natural ingredients, very curious about that... I like that you can see all the ingredients in their website...

Embyra

The sensitive shampoo has very mild and all natural ingredients, very curious about that... I like that you can see all the ingredients in their website...

right i was on the website reading it for hours checking the ingredients:blush: its def going to be a staple i have no time to be shipping products from around the freaking globe and then paying tax on top :rolleyes:

superdrug do a coconut/sweetalmond conditoner thats curly girl friendly and CHEAP.....thats how i like my products cheap accessible and effective:yep:

mikimix

I've never had a problem buying products in the UK. I can go to Sallys or Paks and they have everything I need.

g.lo

Hey ladies,

Bear fruit hair is now availqable in Uk and Europe.
www.nappturelle.com, enter code "launch" to get 15% discount.

gaby

lilyofthenile

I have friends and relatives in the U.S who purchase and send it to me so I'm good for now. Would like it to be right here though in stores.

IsabisBeauty

Celebrity Hair Stylist Shares Haircare Knowledge in Europe/UK March 31, April 1, April 5.

Ladies! Are you having issues with your haircare regimen? Do you ask yourself these haircare questions:

• Help! My hair is either one thing or another.
• My products are either too light or too heavy; or too greasy or too drying. What should I do?
• Are you a parent with a child of mixed race and are struggling to find a regime or products that work?
• My curl pattern is so varied, I donʼt know where to start. How do I deal with this?
Well ladies..lock in March 31st, April 1st or April 5th into your iCalendar, Blackberry, iPhone and Androids!

Hair expert Felicia Leatherwood( responsible for your favorite hair styles on Jill Scott,Anthony Anderson, and Will Smith to name a few) is stopping by London, Paris, and Amsterdam to spread her love and knowledge of haircare for women with multi-textured hair. This will be a workshop to remember! Be prepared to learn a lot..not to mention you'll go home with lots of goodies from Shea Moisture and Jane Carter Solution.Isabis Beauty will also be in London so you don't want to miss fabulous our gift bags and new products to to try.

Here a few highlights for what's to come:
- Hair care maintenance the natural way
- Demos of various natural hair styles and updo’s
- Easy style Demonstrations
- Learn how to love your hair and not curse it!
- We are what we eat and that includes our hair…
- Understanding of what type of hair you are working with “What’s on your Head?”
- Q&A: What Should I Do With This Hair?
- The importance of nurturing mind, body (including your hair!) and spirit.
- Learn how to take good care of mixed textured hair & what products work best for it.
- How should you care for your little one's hair?
- Fabulous Swag Bag Giveaways & so much more!

Felicia Leatherwood Doing What She Does Best!
Check out her talented work here:http://www.lovingyourhairworkshop.com/gallery/

Grab your tickets before they sell out!
London- www.londonnaturalhair.eventbrite.com
Paris - www.parisnaturalhairacademy.eventbrite.com
Amsterdam - www.amsterdamnaturals.eventbrite.com

We have our ticket..clear your calendar and get yours too!
See you there.

grownupnai

You ladies in the UK are so lucky. But for any of the German afro haired sisters out there in Berlin I just want to say that I found a wig/weave store in Shöneberg, 5 minute walk from my work, that packs an impressive amount of supplies that the women on this forum talk about. Not the natural stuff, but the other things that have helped others like Aphogee etc... The guys that own the shop look east African. They're really friendly :) Much cheaper thank amazon uk or shipping from the us. I love Aphogee 2 minute, and I spent nearly double on it from amazon uk.

I decided to take my bum into Pak yesterday. Last time I went in there would be a year ago. Thought I'll share a few things to help someone along the way.

I was surprised they sell Tropical Isle Living Hair's Jamaican Black Castor Oil products! When did that happen? The prices are roughly the same as online stores.

Oh, and I picked up a couple of NunAAT's cream conditioners - Keratin and Brazil Nut. I wanted the silicon mix version conditioner but they didn't have it. I bought the litre size for £6.99 each. Will be washing my hair over the weekend so I'll give my verdict.

Austro-Afrikana

Sunrise I was in PAKs yesterday too. I saw the Nunaat conditioners but decided to pass on them as they had mineral oil in them. I need to go back and get some keracare natural textures twist cream to try. I like walking around that shop and just looking at the ingredients of everything lol.

Leona28

Feelunique.com is pretty useful.
I have a tendency to buy the majority of goods and even clothes and shoes from the US. I get them shipped over using MYUS.COM. It's not expensive and worth it everytime! You get your products within 3-4 days!

Jaffa

Leona28

Thanks for the heads up on this site. I'd never heard of it and it looks like a really good idea.
Do you ever have any issues with customs charges?

Leona28

Jaffa - hey!

Well, I'm based in Ireland. So, custom charges have varied E11 for a large jar of raw honey, maple syrup, 1-2liters of coconut oil and 18 pack of Zevia soda drinks (in one box) to E214 for products involving a large electronic item (to make ice cream) and about 28lb of food goods. On average for hair products it's about E50 or less for customs so not quite a big deal. (I recall buying about 4 different large hair shampoo bottles with hair creams,etc)
With myus.com, it works like this-
1.you pay for the optional service you require ( I pay $60 per year)
2. You get an address which is where you will receive all your items
3. Once the item(s) are received, they send you an email for each one to notify you of their arrival.
4. Once you're ready to ship, you have 3 options FEDEX, DHL and between FEDEX or DHL depending on which is cheapest.
5. At the bottom of your list of items (you will log into your account) will be the total estimated cost of your goods and the weight.
6. Once you select your shipping choice, you pay for the shipping costs with all of your items INSTEAD of paying one item of $50 and another of $30. Currently, I have 50.6lb of goods waiting to be shipped and it's estimated at $200 - which is pretty good considering the value of the goods. Some are pretty heavy!
7. Once you confirm that you want the order to be shipped, you will receive an email detailing this request.
8. You can track your items and usually customs will have reviewed your items within the same day of arrival to your home destination. You can either pay for it Urgently (as in prior to its arrival, you pay the estimated customs charge -sometimes they refund you too!) or wait until the delivery man asks you for the payment/you pay over the phone.
This usually happens within a week from the time you confirmed your shipping request. So quicker than normal.

Lately, I've been getting clothes and shoes mailed to US friends as customs don't interfere. :) Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Leona28

The international site for Huetiful is in business. I paid no customs charges -only E30 for the shipping.

Soratachi

Hi Leona28 I'm based in Dublin.

But the only thing I bought from the US is from ebay no customs :grin:.

For hair product I find equivalent, I found a store that sells Braggs ACV :lick: too and Giovanni is sold in plenty of Health food store here. But Boots and Penneys take care of me quite well I most say.

Leona28

Hi Leona28 I'm based in Dublin.

But the only thing I bought from the US is from ebay no customs :grin:.

For hair product I find equivalent, I found a store that sells Braggs ACV :lick: too and Giovanni is sold in plenty of Health food store here. But Boots and Penneys take care of me quite well I most say.

Hi Soratachi

I actually did fing Bragg's in Down to Earth and Giovanni from Here's Health. I have bought from ebay but to mail individual items comes out more expensive imho. Ebay items can also be charged by customs in my experience. This is for US items which are bulky and large- saves a fortune!
One fab site in the uk is british curlies. I've been using more (uk) sites recently bc I get them mailed to a company called Parcemotel (PM). U can buy loads and only pay €3.50 to receive. No other charges or small print.
Have a good week:)