Ladies that are APL and Higher...

What took you so long to get from SL-APL?

• Using heat way too much

Votes: 20 10.9%
  • Not Protective Styling

Votes: 34 18.6%
  • Stopped your regimen

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Stopped using growth aides/vitamins

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I don't know what you're talking about, didn't take me long!

Votes: 71 38.8%
  • A combination of these things.

Votes: 43 23.5%

• Total voters

Aviah

It was a struggle for me when I was trying to get APL because I was too scissor happy. I wanted perfect ends at all times. I think if someone has never been APL before, it will be the toughest to reach out of sheer distance. Ear to chin, chin to NL, NL to SL- don't tend to have an many inches between them as SL to APL.

After that BSB is pretty close by, but MBL will last probably the longest of them all, depending on proportions.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Sl to apl took me about 6 months. I bunned the whole time. I had just found the forums so I used protective styles and I trimmed less. Apl to Bsl takes much longer. For me that's the toughest milestone. It can take a year or longer :(

Khaiya

APL wasn't too hard for me, but BSL was killer. I did protective styles a lot but that wasn't enough, I had to get my hands out my hair, what did it was being pregnant and doing small plaits/twists for 3-6 weeks at a time. I'd take them down when I had the energy and left it when I didn't. I didn't moisturize muxh, dc'ed whenever I took them down and washed, that was it. Now I've gotten some growth by putting the comb away and finger combing except on wash days. I'm still working on my technique but that seems to be working to get me to full BSL and MBL.

Lilmama1011

Even before the forum I was apl. I Don't think it's hard to get to. I Just don't remember getting to bsl as a relaxed head. When I was natural I was almost wl or probably was wl. My mom kept my hair in braids and I got it done every two weeks (with my own hair). Currently now I box braided my hair but only wearing it for a week. I might keep doing this until I want to set my hair. It's a relief to get up and only have to worry about a bow to decorated my hair lol

Lilmama1011

In December I cut my thin ends off from a stylist over processing my hair and I was cbl. In April my hair is about 3/4 of an inch away from apl again

MsKinkycurl

For me it was the fact that at that length I needed to do more to look presentable. My hair needed to stay perfectly straight or perfectly stretched to get to look I wanted. Now I'm MBL and have hair to spare so I can leave my hair alone for longer periods of time. I don't worry about shrinkage and wear low tension versions of the styles I used to wear.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using LHCF

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I was just beyond APL when I moved to TX and it started to break really bad. I cut it off because it was thinning out. I'm back on my way to APL but it really discouraged me. I don't do a lot of heat styling because I'm relaxed and color treated. That's pushing the limit already.