APL is Defeating Me (3.5 inches Takes Forever)!!

(For those currently SL or below) Is obtaining APL defeating you?

• Total voters

Reecie

Ladies!!

I am getting so frustrated. I know that it is common knowledge that growing your hair from SL to APL is the hardest obstacle. Although my hair is much healthier, thicker, and soft; I feel that at the rate I'm growing, I'm not going to make my APL by December goal. My hair seems to grow really slow. However, I have a long torso, so that is not helping my cause!!! I need about 3.5 inches before I reach APL.

I need some motivation. Does anyone have Fotki's and/or pics of their journey from SL to APL??? Also, how did you stay motivated, keep your sanity, and not constantly check for growth??? This is driving me crazy!!

:feedback: :feedback:

I will feel so relieved once I make my first goal!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update!!! (12/27/2009) :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

For all my ladies trying to reach APL or for those as frusterated as I was when I wrote this post back in August.... stay motivated and determined. APL was by far the most difficult hurdle to surpass. Do not give up ladies. It took me about 9 months (Mar - Dec) to go from SL - APL. It takes time and patience, but you WILL get there!

Last edited:

msa

Reecie, your hair is beautiful. It looks so thick and healthy! Just keep doing what you're doing and you will get there. Patience is really the only obstacle you have.

Reecie

Your hair is very full and healthy looking!

Dont worry you'll get to APL! Growing hair takes A LOT of patience.

Reecie, your hair is beautiful. It looks so thick and healthy! Just keep doing what you're doing and you will get there. Patience is really the only obstacle you have.

Thanks ladies!!! I know you speak from experience. If I saw more progress, I would be fine with waiting. BUT.... It takes so long to see all of my hard work. Are you ladies past APL?

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I know where you are coming from. I have a long neck so I may be at shoulder lenght for a while. I am cool with that for now. I have reset my APL goal date to May 2010 and hopefullly BSB by Dec. 2010.

Just have faith and enjoy the ride.

ajacks

I feel the same way.

Your hair is gorgeous! As long as you are not having any breakage then I wouldn't be concerened. I'm sure you will be there soon.

Reecie

I know where you are coming from. I have a long neck so I may be at shoulder lenght for a while. I am cool with that for now. I have reset my APL goal date to May 2010 and hopefullly BSB by Dec. 2010.

Just have faith and enjoy the ride.

Thanks. Stunner, how many inches are you from APL?

msa

Thanks ladies!!! I know you speak from experience. If I saw more progress, I would be fine with waiting. BUT.... It takes so long to see all of my hard work. Are you ladies past APL?

I just checked last week and my nape is a bit past APL. It happened while I wasn't paying attention, just doing my normal hair stuff. The rest of my hair is just SL, and though I'm super anxious for it to get to APL, I recognize that I have like 9 inches before I get there. So I'll just have to be patient.

In the meantime, I'll continue taking care of my hair and having fun with it.

Reecie

I feel the same way.

Your hair is gorgeous! As long as you are not having any breakage then I wouldn't be concerened. I'm sure you will be there soon.

Awhhh. Thanks Ajax. I love your hair (BTW), it's so beautiful. You have such great progress photos after your relaxers. I can barely see any difference when I do photo comparisons. How long until you reach your goal? It looks like you are almost there.

Nice Lady

Ladies!!

I am getting so frustrated. I know that it is common knowledge that growing your hair from SL to APL is the hardest obstacle. Although my hair is much healthier, thicker, and soft; I feel that at the rate I'm growing, I'm not going to make my APL by December goal. My hair seems to grow really slow. However, I have a long torso, so that is not helping my cause!!! I need about 3.5 inches before I reach APL.

I need some motivation. Does anyone have Fotki's and/or pics of their journey from SL to APL??? Also, how did you stay motivated, keep your sanity, and not constantly check for growth??? This is driving me crazy!!

:feedback: :feedback:

I will feel so relieved once I make my first goal!!

I took these pictures today. I have been half-wigging and bunning it up the past two weeks and decided to treat myself to a rollerset.

You have beautiful hair and it is nice. Don't fret over APL; you will be there.:rolleyes:

locabouthair

No I'm NL and will be cutting it soon:ohwell: I wish I had your length.

taz007

Your hair is gorgeous!

I am in the exact same boat. In fact, my hair looks like yours and I need the exact amount of inches to get to APL. I just cut 2 1/2 inches on August 2nd 'cause my left side was longer than the right (I need to update my siggy pic).

I will just take extra care of my hair until December and pray that I can make it to APL at that time.

Reecie

Your hair is gorgeous!

I am in the exact same boat. In fact, my hair looks like yours and I need the exact amount of inches to get to APL. I just cut 2 1/2 inches on August 2nd 'cause my left side was longer than the right (I need to update my siggy pic).

I will just take extra care of my hair until December and pray that I can make it to APL at that time.

Really??! You cut all that beautiful hair?? I was thinking you would make APL in no time. Girl, are sure you don't have hair anorexia? The pics in your siggy look amazing. Well... I can't wait to see your new pics. I'm going to be checking your progress. Good luck to you on making APL in December... I'll be watching you... :hide:

ajacks

Awhhh. Thanks Ajax. I love your hair (BTW), it's so beautiful. You have such great progress photos after your relaxers. I can barely see any difference when I do photo comparisons. How long until you reach your goal? It looks like you are almost there.

Thanks Reecie!

Well I had an inch cut in July (trying to get rid of that horrible V-shape) so I have about 3 inches to go before making APL. I think I can achieve that by December of this year and hopefully BSL by next August.

Reecie

Thanks Reecie!

Well I had an inch cut in July (trying to get rid of that horrible V-shape) so I have about 3 inches to go before making APL. I think I can achieve that by December of this year and hopefully BSL by next August.

Well, your growth is phenomenal. What's your reggie? I know you've posted about going to Reneice for your installs. Are you still doing that?

taz007

Really??! You cut all that beautiful hair?? I was thinking you would make APL in no time. Girl, are sure you don't have hair anorexia? The pics in your siggy look amazing. Well... I can't wait to see your new pics. I'm going to be checking your progress. Good luck to you on making APL in December... I'll be watching you... :hide:

LOL! I will be keeping an eye on your progress as well. In fact, I am off to stalk your fotki right now!

You will make APL way before December.

Last edited:

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I went from barely SL to where I am now! Don't worry you will get there. You should do one good stretch for about 3 to 4 months and you will get there sooner. Adn make sure you protect your ends with the baggie method at all times if you can.

MAMATO

Your hair is very beautiful and thick... you have the same length and thickness I had when I started my journey last year...Be patient and the length will come :)

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Thanks. Stunner, how many inches are you from APL?

I have not relaxed since Sept 2008 so I really dont know and when I try to measure I end up frustrated. I am about collar bone lenght maybe longer so I would say I got about 5 in left. I will be relaxing in Oct so we shall see.

Miamori

Reecie, be patient and you will get there!

Your hair is beautiful and thick, so I am sure your reggie is jsut fine. Stick to it and your hair will sprout when you're not paying any attention. :)

ajacks

Well, your growth is phenomenal. What's your reggie? I know you've posted about going to Reneice for your installs. Are you still doing that?
Yes, I still go to Reniece. I wear my installs for 6-8 weeks. My regimen is extremely simple wash/dc once a week, moisturize and seal twice a week, stretch relaxers for 6 months. Simple works best for me. My hair hates to be manipulated.

HeChangedMyName

:drool::drool:

your hair is so thick and lucious. Same length as mine, but mine doesn't have anywhere near the fullness of ours. I think at this point in the hair growth game it's more about retention rather than growth. The growth obviously is coming along great, but those ends can cause the illusion of not growing. It's easy to see growth when you relax, but if you're natural, or even if you have a looser curl pattern that blends in with the relaxed hair, it's not so easy to tell that the hair is growing.

brittdadutchess

Nice to know many of us are in the same boat. I am also shoulder length and am hoping by the time of my next relaxer (which will be next week or the week after) I have gained a least an extra inch. I've stretched for about four months but I know I need a trim so we'll see how that goes....hopefully by december we'll all be closer to our goals!

TheQueenBeeMaya

You have such beautiful hair! I definitely understand the frustration, I've been shoulder length since november! Hopefully when I flat iron for the first time in months I will have made it. You will make it soon too!