APL is Defeating Me (3.5 inches Takes Forever)!!

(For those currently SL or below) Is obtaining APL defeating you?

• Total voters

MJ

I reached full SL in December 2007. I was totally convinced that I would reach full APL by December 2009. That goal is still in progress... Now, I'm convinced that I may reach full APL by December 2009 :lachen:.

Egyptjones

Thanks for all the new responses, ladies. I'm glad I'm not going through this alone. We are all going to make it one day....it will just be sooner for some than others.

We are going to make it!!! Inch by excrutiating inch....:brucelee::brucelee::brucelee: We got this!!!

I feel your pain! I am like half an inch away...I just wanna get there already! I think after I get there, I won't be all hung up on length checks...I hope!

loulou82

I need 3 long inches too. This hurdle has been a long drawn out process. Good luck to all of us!

Hi Reecie,

I definitely feel your pain. I am having a similar challenge getting to bra strap length right now. I would recommend joining the APL challenge. There will be a lot of encouragement there. Also, I would recommend trying some things to speed up your growth and see how they work for you (vitamins, diet changes, topical growth stimulants, etc). Then I would recommend giving yourself a "don't check my growth for 1 month" challenge. How's the saying go..."a watched pot never boils" lol

...hope that helps.

Speedy growth to you!

I'm so aggravated with my hair. I feel like I've been SL all year. I haven't updated in ages, but what's the use? I'M STILL SL! I really feel your pain!

Reecie

I feel your pain! I am like half an inch away...I just wanna get there already! I think after I get there, I won't be all hung up on length checks...I hope!

I know how you feel. At least you're almost there. Once you make it, you need to post your results so we can all celebrate with you!!! :grin:

I need 3 long inches too. This hurdle has been a long drawn out process. Good luck to all of us!

I feel you girl. Good luck to you, too!

Hi Reecie,

I definitely feel your pain. I am having a similar challenge getting to bra strap length right now. I would recommend joining the APL challenge. There will be a lot of encouragement there. Also, I would recommend trying some things to speed up your growth and see how they work for you (vitamins, diet changes, topical growth stimulants, etc). Then I would recommend giving yourself a "don't check my growth for 1 month" challenge. How's the saying go..."a watched pot never boils" lol

...hope that helps.

Speedy growth to you!

Yes, your advice absolutely helps. I have joined the APL challenge. The women are very supportive. I definitely need to be more patient. Good luck with getting to BSL. I am so envious! :spinning:

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Where art thou BSL...lol..I was about an inch away from BSL and I've been in cornrows for weeks now and will be relaxing next week, so hopefully I'm there or closer than I was. I feel like I've been APL FOREVER but it's only been since April:look:. So now I'm just leaving my hair alone and letting it do what it do. You'll make it there really soon.:yep:

MilaXs3

I must agree with everyone else...your hair looks thick and healthy...you will get there. I just reached full SL at the beginning of Sept and am hoping to reach APL by December 09...we will all make it!!!

Reecie

Where art thou BSL...lol..I was about an inch away from BSL and I've been in cornrows for weeks now and will be relaxing next week, so hopefully I'm there or closer than I was. I feel like I've been APL FOREVER but it's only been since April:look:. So now I'm just leaving my hair alone and letting it do what it do. You'll make it there really soon.:yep:

Man, you're almost there. I wish I had 1 inch to go. That conquest is so attainable. When will you be relaxing? Because I can guarantee that's when you'll be BSL. :yep:[/COLOR]

I must agree with everyone else...your hair looks thick and healthy...you will get there. I just reached full SL at the beginning of Sept and am hoping to reach APL by December 09...we will all make it!!!

Thanks, Mila. You're hair grows so fast and your hair has made a complete 180 in a 4 month span. What's your reggie?

Reecie

You went from shorter than SL to full BSL in 18 months? :blush:

*off to stalk your fotki* :user:

Dang Mrs. Green. I just went to your Fotki and DANG Your hair growth IS amazing!! :grin::grin:What's is your reggie? It's not listed in the Fotki anywhere.

ajacks

Congrats Reecie, your hair looks wonderful! I knew it wasn't going to be long before you made APL.

Last edited:

lollyoo

Congrats, APL is the big hurdle
Cant wait to get there by June 2010. 2.5 left for me. It will be good to be APL again.

Eclass215

YAY! Congrats! :clap: I think you and I are on the same growth schedule - I'm gonna keep checking in twith you to keep myself motivated! Thanks :grin:

hopeful

^^^Eclass215 your hair is beautiful!!!

OP, Congratulations :congrats: I know you must be thrilled--I am happy for you.

LisaLisa1908

What 40 looks like.
Congrats OP! I keep torturing myself thinking I've made it when I haven't, and I'm going to keep pushing until I do. I'm ALLLLLMOST THERE!

runwaydream

this is so cool!! i remember when u first made this thread. i was sl too, now just the other day i checked again and i was apl!! ill watch your progress and hopefully we'll make bsl @ the same time!