Ladies that had healthy hair prior to joining LHCF...

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
Did you have healthy hair prior to joining LHCF? What was your regimen? How did you tweak it by joining LHCF?

I always had healthy hair, just a little dry from using the wrong kinds of moisturizers.

I Washed and conditioned every other day with salon brands (keracare, mizani, etc.)
Moisturized every other day.
Blowdried and flat ironed once a week, sometimes once every 2 weeks.

Slept in a satin bonnet.

I tweaked it by using better moisturizers without mineral oil etc.

Last edited:
My relaxed regimen was the same, wash, dc, rollerset weekly

tweaks: using diluted shampoo, chelating and stopped using keracare products exclusively, sealing after moisturizing
ETA the PIBBS: gave me salon style rollersets

Last edited:
I had relatively healthy relaxed hair before I found hair boards, similar to CherryPie, my main issue was dryness and also split ends.

I washed every week, relaxed every 5 - 6 weeks, DC maybe 2 times per month, never ever wore a hair bonnet or scarf, used kemi oyl and pantine poo/condish (used b/c that whats my mother used),

also always always always had dandruf/dry scalp - did the whole neutragena Tgel, nizoral bit constantly

I actually had a pretty detatched relationship with my hair ie: I went to the salon every week and they delt with my hair, MAYBE I wud wash it and get my mother to rollerset it once in a while.

looking back now I realize that women who can away with just the basic hair care typically have thick strands and dense hair (like I do)

secondly, I had a great stylist until she went out of business. They used high quality products and minimal direct heat. and they actually had a client card, they wrote down what hair service u had each time so they wud know what to do with ur hair ie: what DCs u did, if u were experiencing breakage etc. Since then Ive nvr found another salon that was so committed to hair care.

tweaks

doing my own hair - I did my own hair for 1 whole year after finding hair boards before going natural
moisture moisture moisture and sealing
more regular DCing
cowashing
using butters and oils - using less comercially prepared products in general

also just before finding hair boards I actually went to a Dr for my scalp issues and he prescribed betnovate - problem solved. I think this contributed to the improvement in my hairs health

Last edited:
I had healthy hair prior to joining LHCF. I joined hairboards to learn how to transition without damaging my hair.

Before LHCF:
I washed and conditioned once a week with Aussie products.
Moisturized my hair with Isoplus Hair Conditioning Cream (I think that's what it was called)
DC'd when I felt like it. I used Aussie 3 Minute Miracle or LeKair Cholestorel
Rollerset and let airdry
Rarely used heat on my hair
Slept in satin bonnet/satin pillowcase (still do)

Since joining LHCF:
I poo once a week and co-wash once a week
I DC once a week. Most of the time with recipes I found online and can make in my kitchen
I seal my ends
I use natural oils on my hair
I'm more willing to try different styles and techniques on my hair

I feel really proud of my natural hair and I think it's amazing even when I flat iron it and it turns into a frizz ball just a few hours after flat ironing :wallbash:. It ticks me off because of the time it took to flat iron it but I'm still proud of it and it doesn't embarrass me the way it would have before.

I was worried about being "nappyheaded" but I enjoy my hair. And I feel so confident with my hair. Much more so than I ever thought I could or would.

Last edited:
My regimen was the same as it is now, only I was more focused and less laid back. I tweaked it by adding DCing because I learned about it from Cathy Howse around the time I joined LHCF and I added ACV rinsing coz I learned about it here. I did try adopting not trimming regularly or using moisturizers instead of having bare hair (two things I found here) and hated both changes. So only DCing and ACV are the LHCF influences.

I had/have healthy relaxed hair prior to LHCF.

What I have learned from LHCF:
-Stretching
-Protective Styling
-DIY

My regimen was pretty simple, as it is now. I used to wash with a Nexxus shampoo and deep condition weekly with either ORS Replenishing Paks or a Nexxus Conditioner. I would ALWAYS wrap and cover my hair at night. I never used moisturizer but always used avocado oil.

Now I'm focused on growing my hair to its longest length. The biggest negative to me prior to LHCF was scissor happy stylists. My hair has never been past my shoulders because I was conditioned to believe that I had to constantly trim my ends. And since I was relaxing more frequently, what little new growth I had was getting snipped.

Now I'm on my way to my first goal of APL. I'm looking to achieve it by December 2010.

Last edited:
Back