What is the number lesson you learnt on LHCF

Jhuidah

All the great lessons I have learned here amount to pretty much one thing: Listen to your hair. Give your hair what it wants, when it wants it.

Now under that umbrella comes all the other great advice, like moisturizing, more DCs, trims, protein/moisture balance, etc.

NeeSee

I learned to dismiss the "white" and "black" hair care myth concerning products. I learned that many products that are targeted to white consumers work just as good if not better than the products that are targeted to blacks. Until joining here, I would have never gave a second look at product lines such as Nexxus, Paul Mitchell, Joico, etc.....

danibot

1. underprocessing my hair is a good thing
2. new growth is beautiful, not something that needs to be hidden and quickly permed
3. sretching relaxers is great
4. protein and moisture must be balanced

This covers everything that has helped me and I'll also throw in cowashing. Shampoo isn't that great for me.

purplepeace79

MegaTek is a treatment for horses and I am human so therefor, I will not ever use it. Really and truly I learned that here lol

The way I found this forum was doing a search for growth treatments last year (my hair isnt very thick and I wanted to thicken it up) and saw the whole MegaTek thread. I saw progress pics and all of that so was like cool let me try it. Then, I went and ordered it and then upon further research learned it was for horses. I quickly returned it and decided, then and there, to never try any of these growth aid stimulant type products. I know some people use it, as is their choice, but I just can't get with it. But then, I also don't relax my hair for similar reasons.

The biggest "secret" to hair growth is taking care of the hair you already have so you dont lose it as the new hair comes in. Period.

darlingdiva

All the great lessons I have learned here amount to pretty much one thing: Listen to your hair. Give your hair what it wants, when it wants it.

Now under that umbrella comes all the other great advice, like moisturizing, more DCs, trims, protein/moisture balance, etc.

This is exactly what I was going to say. It is the most important lesson I've learned. In order to learn this lesson, though, I had to first learn my hair. I've gone to the salon most of my life, so I was totally out of touch w/ what my hair liked & didn't like, need and didn't need. I left all of that up to the stylist.

Being a member of LHCF: $13.50 (for me--I have the two-year membership)

Knowing what it takes to grow and maintain healthy hair and actually see it happen: PRICELESS

krissyprissy

What number one thing I learned over the years of being a member of this board is that
What works for someone else does not mean that it will work for me. Once, I figured this out it really put a stop to buying unecassary products.

My friends loved that fact that they could come to my house and load up on stuff I have purchased because of this board. lol

HairBarbie

Learnt=Correct English
Learned=Poor pathetic bastardized English

I've learnt that using the right product/brand is just as important as balancing protein and moisture.

dymondgurl

MegaTek is a treatment for horses and I am human so therefor, I will not ever use it. Really and truly I learned that here lol

The way I found this forum was doing a search for growth treatments last year (my hair isnt very thick and I wanted to thicken it up) and saw the whole MegaTek thread. I saw progress pics and all of that so was like cool let me try it. Then, I went and ordered it and then upon further research learned it was for horses. I quickly returned it and decided, then and there, to never try any of these growth aid stimulant type products. I know some people use it, as is their choice, but I just can't get with it. But then, I also don't relax my hair for similar reasons.

The biggest "secret" to hair growth is taking care of the hair you already have so you dont lose it as the new hair comes in. Period.

Excellent post Purple Peace :D

1) accepting the hair God gave me (I have coils and not curls)

2) patience

3) I need moisture EVERYDAY (drinking water to stay hydrated,also on my hair)

4) protect those ends like they're your dependents (NEVER EVER FALL ASLEEP without the satin cap)

mzsophisticated26

Difference between breakage and shedding
I don't need to run to the salon every 1-2wks(DIYer is the way to go)
Research, Research and read ingredients( I am still learning)
What works for others may not work for me