Lady P Deep Moisture Challenge Summer '13 to Summer '14

skyslady

I thought that since I wont be online on the 1st to start this challenge and I just took down my flat twist, that I should go ahead and post my starting length pics. I'll be following and posting along the way but no pic until Nov. I think that's the fourth month of the challenge. Here we go...
0625132259.jpg

0625132313.jpg

0626130000a.jpg

prettykinks

Subscribing!!!

What is your PS of choice? I plan to wear box braids with or without added hair.

Are you natural or relaxed? Natural

What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Vo5 with whatever CO I have in the cabinets lol. I also add different oils like coconut, jojoba, castor, sweet almond and shea.

What are you using to seal before braiding? I have a applicator bottle with coconut, olive, rosemary and sweet almond oils.

What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? I usually do my DC on dry hair.

How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? While in braids I have my spray bottle with Infusium leave in and water added. I have another with braid spray or glycerin and water and a oil.

How often will you wash? What method? What products? I do a co wash weekly. About once a month I use diluted shampoo. If my scalp is itchy I will shampoo sooner.

What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? I plan to use apohogee for my protein treatments about every 8 to 12 weeks after taking out my box braids. I have used it in the past and I am gonna revisit it.

What else might you add to reach your goals? I started taking Mineral rich with aloe and I love it. I also will up my water intake and try to be consistant with my vitamin use.

Attachments

• IMG_20130615_220737.jpg
    IMG_20130615_220737.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

ZapMami

I have well water in the area I live in..I think that might have something to do with it. I'm also low porosity. I'm thinking this is maybe not the routine for me.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Yesterday I did a coconut hot oil prepoo then DC'd.
I DC'd with Keracare humecto + a spoon of MSM +a spoon of hemp seed oil.

My hair is was sooooo soft.

This concoction is going to be my mix for this challenge.

Last edited:

jessicarabbit

Just suffered from a MAJOR setback from BSL to SL so I will be sewing it up and wigging for the next year.

My goal for this year is atleast APL.

What is your PS of choice? Sew ins

Are you natural or relaxed? Relaxed but possibly transitioning

What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Not sure if ill be leaving my dc in since that apparently makes it harder for people to braid, but I will be heavily dcing under heat in between sew ins and using leave in everyday

What are you using to seal before braiding? Various oils

What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Water

How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? Various leave ins a castor oil occasionally (I don't want the weave to get oily)

How often will you wash? What method? What week. Weekly. Alternate between clarifying and moisturizing shampoo every week, followed by a strengthing then a moisturizing dc under heat.

What will you use for your hard protein treatment? And how often? Various strengthening conditioners weekly

What else might you add to reach your goals?
Lots of water, green smoothies, lots of vitamins, castor oil

biznesswmn

My startg pic-
Looks like i am a lil short of APL aftr my trim. Hoping to make MBL by this time next year

image-2917228939.jpg

Last edited:

Saga

The Generous Queen
I washed my braids yesterday then conditioned with Tresemme Naturals Con.
following that I let my hair drip dry, then sealed with my mix of coconut oil + hot six oil.

Threw my wig back on today, I'm really thinking about buying a 2nd one and taking some tracks out of this wig and putting it into the next because it seems so thin at points and I love big hair =/. I'll keep you guys updated.

Also, I cute the bangs s that now they are a straight china bang as opposed to the swoop I had before.

davisbr88

I don't think I am going to be able to continue because it seems like leaving the DC and other conditioners in my hair is making my scalp go insane, even despite washing.
Can I do a modified routine which would still include the braids and wig for 1-2 months, washing and conditioning, and moisturizing and sealing as needed in the braids? I know the DMM part is important but my scalp is not happy with it.

cutiebe2

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or post a step by step. I've been doing this and I still have dry hair..

1. I start with my hair cornrowed. (Extra Thick hair so I have to start with hair cornrowed)
Wash my hair.

You have to put everything in before you cornrows. If you want you can wash your hair in braids but you have to unravel the braids and apply the product. The way I do it is to wash my hair in plaits as usual, and then as I separate each section to braid I apply the layer of products to that braid and cornrow. By the time I get to the last sections I spray water a bit to dampen my hair again. If you don't but the products in before braiding, it won't lock in. The whole point is to lock in the moisture. Anything that goes on top will fade away after a few days like normal. Hope that helps

myhairgrowstoo

Hey everyone! The start date (July 1st) has already passed, the first length check will be me in 8 weeks from that day on August 26th. Have a nice time ladies!

JustGROWwithIt

I'm in! I was planning on doing this on my own after learning of LadyP's method a few days ago so this challenge is right up my alley!

What is your PS of choice? Marley twists for the next couple months and then I'll be back to wigging it!
Are you natural or relaxed? Natural
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Just going to use what I have on hand right now, which is Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Smoothie. Once that's used up I will prob switch to Suave Humectress since it's cheaper! :yep:
What are you using to seal before braiding? Carol's Daughter Monoi oil followed by CD Healthy Hair Butter. LOVE this stuff! :grin:
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? My spray bottle which is about 1 part S-Curl and 2 parts Infusium 23 Repair & Renew.
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? I will thoroughly spray my twists with my mixture every other day. If needed I will smooth some Healthy Hair Butter down the twists after as well.
How often will you wash? What method? What products? I wash 1x a week with diluted Giovanni Deeper Moisture shampoo, focusing on my scalp and squeezing through twists. Then I squeeze Mane n Tail conditioner onto twists, cover with plastic cap, and rinse after about 5 mins. Every 2 weeks I take half of my hair down (alternating between the top half and bottom half) and focus on a good wash on that section. Then apply Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque (to the loose hair only, the twisted half I still use Mane n Tail) and sit under my steamer. After rinsing I retwist my hair using the deep moisture method.
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? Aphogee 2-Step every 8 weeks when I take down all my hair.
What else might you add to reach your goals? I take Viviscal twice a day and Biotin. Also apply Liquid Gold growth oil every other night and massage my scalp. One week out of a month I will practice inversion as well.

I'm so excited to begin this challenge! :grin:

*My goals are BSL by the end of this year and MBL by the end of the challenge. I might be over shooting but I'm setting the goal anyway! I will post a starting at the beginning of this challenge.

I forgot to come back on the 1st to post my starting pic. Here it is...

The pic with the lines my hair is at the 3, DH's fingers are in the way :yawn:

I have my twists in now and will try to leave this in until the beginning of August, redoing the edges as needed. Probably about every 7-10 days.

prettykinks

I finally updated my post and added my starting pic to my earlier post. I am still in box braids and I spray daily on my braids (not my scalp) with infusium 23 leave in and African Royale braid spray.

biznesswmn

My length check pics will come a few days late. Didnt get to do my protein treatment as plannd, and i hav been advised to do it before I flat iron

Hope everybody made great progress!

myhairgrowstoo

Hey,
Sorry for the inactivity! When school started, it was all I could do to keep up with the crazy college work, social life, volunteering, and my jobs :(

As an update, I haven't really done official length check, but I have done pull tests.

I tried to attach pics from my cell but it failed. This application is not very good.

Anyway, I will update later with a length check. If I forget PM me!

How are you guys doing? Let's make it a new years resolution to update more! Lol

biznesswmn

I finally got my hair done smh

Doesnt look much longer to me. I havnt been very strict w the challenge.

image-2431812193.jpg

My hair is too big under the wig and it doesnt pull down enuf to make me feel secure. Always feels like its gonna come off. Gotta find a new PS. Buns r ok. Maybe i will try twists