Summer 10 Wet Bun Challenge ************Results***************

MissMusic

Here we are at the end of the challenge. The challenge ends tomorrow 9/21, so here is the thread to show us your results.

Also, Please tell us:
What products you liked best for wet bunning?
What method of wet bunning did you like the most?
How did your hair benefit from wet bunning?

As always, your replies are WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

MissMusic

My Results:

Starting pic:

Ending pic:

What products you liked best for wet bunning?
My own mix of rosewater, conditioner and oil
What method of wet bunning did you like the most?
wetting the hair each morning with spray mixture, taking it down at night to dry and moisturize my ends and re-bunning in the morning.
My hair has retained thickness, my ends are thicker and my hair just plain looks good, lol.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Weird...I want to like your post but I don't see the option there....well I can def see the thickness. Thanks for posting! Waiting on the rest of you ladies!

janda

Great progress! I can definitely see a difference. It looks like it really thickened up.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
What products you liked best for wet bunning? Scurl sealed with extra virgin coconut oil
What method of wet bunning did you like the most? I prefer to damp bun by starting with dry hair and applying product to raise the moisture level. Or, overnight baggy to gain moisture and seal in the morning. Wet bunning was too challenging for me to pull off.
How did your hair benefit from wet bunning? Mainly thickness and slight growth

Before

After

MissMusic

What products you liked best for wet bunning? Scurl sealed with extra virgin coconut oil
What method of wet bunning did you like the most? I prefer to damp bun by starting with dry hair and applying product to raise the moisture level. Or, overnight baggy to gain moisture and seal in the morning. Wet bunning was too challenging for me to pull off.
How did your hair benefit from wet bunning? Mainly thickness and slight growth

Before

After

Wow! You're hair really thickened up! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
My hair has retained thickness, my ends are thicker and my hair just plain looks good, lol.
Looking good! I could never master wet bunning for nothing. I feel that I lose too much hair with trying to get the hair to lay nice and flat.

KurlyNinja

I just straightened at the very end of august... so I think I'm going to post up that as my end picture... not trying to put too much head on my head.

July 2nd (After a hair cut by a SHS)

August 31st

Products I used - Skala Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, and ORS Twist & Loc Gel

How I usually wore my hair

This challenge was fun! I think the greatest way I benefited was learning to just leave my hair alone. Now I'm officially in LOVE with bunning now. HHG to everybody.

Last edited:

MissMusic

I just straightened at the very end of august... so I think I'm going to post up that as my end picture... not trying to put too much head on my head.

July 2nd (After a hair cut by a SHS)

August 31st

Products I used - Skala Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, and ORS Twist & Loc Gel

How I usually wore my hair

This challenge was fun! I think the greatest way I benefited was learning to just leave my hair alone. Now I'm officially in LOVE with bunning now. HHG to everybody.

Great thickness and increase in length! Congrats!!!

janda

Wow, I see some great progress. I hope I have some too. I'm straightening this weekend and will post my pictures.

rockstar

Amazing progress! I think I may be straightening this weekend, so I am planning on posting pics then. I can't wait to see what happened with my head. :lachen:

Qurlyqt

Products I liked best - :perplexed I was using up stuff so I don't think I was loyal to anything. Latest best friend is Trader Joe's conditioners, also switched to sealing with shea butter, instead of oils
Method I preferred - Cowash twice a week, put in bun position while in shower, wet/damp bun daily
Benefit - Appears thicker, seems to have grown faster than usual but not sure to attribute it to wet bunning/steamer, started both in July.

Although I'm not at the end of this challenge yet (started July 1, supposed to end on October 1), here are my results thus far...

Last edited:

Qtee

Ok I'm luving the results..I planned to bun this winter anyway but now I'm totally excited about the possible results.....Do we already have a challenge going for fall/winter wet bunning?

gottabme247

Re: Summer 10 Wet Bun Challenge ************Results***************

What products you liked best for wet bunning? I'm also in "the juice" challenge so i've been using Scurl and sealing with coconut oil.
I'm about 6 weeks post on both pics: 1st pic 5/31 2nd pic: today
I'll continue wet bunning till next relaxer in January.

grow

i've got to see if i can get my hair straight enough with just the wrapping so that i can take pics.

being in the hide your hair and no heat challenges don't help, nor does the fact that i'm texlaxed and quite post perm, but i will see what i can do and try to get something in before oct. 1st.

to all the ladies who have already posted your pics: GREAT PROGRESS AND VERY INSPIRATIONAL!!!

who's bunning over the winter? i'm on the lookout for bunning buddies throughout the winter, too!

MissMusic

Products I liked best - :perplexed I was using up stuff so I don't think I was loyal to anything. Latest best friend is Trader Joe's conditioners, also switched to sealing with shea butter, instead of oils
Method I preferred - Cowash twice a week, put in bun position while in shower, wet/damp bun daily
Benefit - Appears thicker, seems to have grown faster than usual but not sure to attribute it to wet bunning/steamer, started both in July.

Although I'm not at the end of this challenge yet (started July 1, supposed to end on October 1), here are my results thus far...

Congrats on the increased thickness and length!!

rockstar

Hi my loviessss!! I'm so under the weather, but I promised a pic this weekend. So here it is. I didn't really take a good starting pic, so there isn't anything you can really to compare with. I'm probably almost BSL.

Attachments

• IMG02247-20100925-2024.jpg
    IMG02247-20100925-2024.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 40

janda

rockstar thanks! I'm going to continue with my regimen and will continue to wet bun. We'll see how it goes as the weather changes.

Your hair looks great! Are you going to continue with no heat and wet bunning? Or are you going to modify your regimen for the winter?

Qurlyqt

Go Rockstar and Janda! Results are looking good! I'm tweaking my bunning and continuing with the challenge. In spite of my recent trim, I'm still gonna' bun until I reach my goal of 2" past bra strap.

rockstar

janda, I think I am going to continue on the no heat, bunning regimen. Not sure if they will be wet buns as the cool weather will not allow me to walk around with a wet head. I definitely will protecting my ends though.

Qurlyqt, I knew you wouldn't stop bunning. Yours are always so lush. :lick: