last professional hair Salon visit?

winnettag

R u Natural or Relaxed?

Transitioning, but mostly natural.

When was the last time you actually visited a professional stylist at a hair salon?

About 8 years ago.

What did you have done? How much did it cost?

It was either a relaxer and trim (which turned out to be a major cut) or getting my hair relaxed and styled for prom. (I'm getting my last 2 visits mixed up)
I don't remember how much it cost, but I'm sure it was too much!

Did you love it? or not so much?:woot::woot::woot::woot:

I hated the results of both of those visits.

WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR WORST HAIR STYLIST VISIT "EVER"?????:swearing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:

Definitely my "trim" that turned into a cut. I went from APL to EL and I wanted to cry. :wallbash:

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower
R u Naturals or Relaxed?
Natural

When was the last time you actually visited a professional stylist at a hair salon?
February (to my beloved stylist of 5 years that I miss dearly)

I had BC'd the night before so I had a trim to make it neat, wash, and dry under the hooded dryer. $25

Did you love it? or not so much?
:woot::woot::woot::woot:

Yes, I loved it! Only wish that (I) hadn't cut so much in the front.

WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR WORST HAIR STYLIST VISIT "EVER"?????:swearing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:[/QUOTE]
It was a stylist that I had been seeing for awhile. I would always get a wash, deep condition, and silk wrap. I decided to get a doobie instead to lay off the direct heat. The doobie was beautiful, but then she shellacked on all of this greasy mess to "lay down my edges". I think it was some kind of wax or something. It was running all down my face by the time I got home. I used paper towels to blot that shyte out. Never went back:nono:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

The last time I got my hair braided it was 9 years ago in Jamaica, right before my grandmother's funeral. The Jamaican stylist had my hair looking beautiful, far better than any American braiding stylists I ever had and it cost my like only $20.00, something outrageously cheap like that. It lasted a really long time too. But eventually I had to head back home. By then I had decided that I wouldn't bother with going to a salon again for anything. The difference in her ability and what I had before was so evident that I no longer felt like paying $100 or $150 to get my hair braided. After that it was just twa's and afro puffs for me.

LEFT HUGE TIP I HOPE!:grin::grin::grin:

stelladata

Last Aug 09 when I decided to get my hair relaxed. I won't be going back anytime soon due to the fact that she was just too expensive and everyone in her salon who came to get their hair done all had burnt looking edges including her! and to top things off she tried to leave the mizani perm in my hair "just a lil longer" even as it was burning because she said she was trying to give me that bone straight look even after repeatedly telling her, NO.

I am long over due for a trim now and after I heard that horror story of what some Dominican salons do with deep treatments I don't know how long I am gonna hold on to my ends.

omachine

r u Naturals or Relaxed?

natural

winter 2009

dominican blowout....$35

yes. it was a nice change. i didn't have to rinse my hair everyday with conditioner to make it manageable.

WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR WORST HAIR STYLIST VISIT "EVER"?????

having my hair blown out and discovering that it had grown beyond elbow length then watching in horror as the stylist chopped away at it until she got it to bsl...

hairedity

R u Naturals or Relaxed?
Natural

When was the last time you actually visited a professional stylist at a hair salon?Friday before Mothers day weekend 2010, but then had to go back 3 wks later to correct their err.

colour/highlights, wash, blowfry, flatironed. $60

Hated it. Colour hardly showed, waste of money and more importantly MY TIME! Fought thru rush hour traffic to make it on time for my appointment, only to wait almost 2 hours before they started me anyway. Didn't leave the Salon until almost 11pm that night!

I have a few horror stories, but here's 2:
-Getting up in the wee hours of the morning to pump (had a newborn), rushing to my appointment, waited almost 2 hours the stylist never showed up.

-Getting my hair braided in the stylist's apartment, she put on a pot of water to dip my hair just before finishing the top of my head. Turns out she turned on the wrong burner with a pot of oil, ended up burning down the apartment. My hair was incomplete (y'a think lol!). Firefighters came and no one was hurt.

Last edited:

Vintageglam

April 23 2010

Phuket in Thailand

Reason: end tragic transition

Cost $5

great thai lady - she did exactly what i asked for - i.e. co-wash/ DC and cut off relaxed hair/ damaged ends only and shape.

SimJam

R u Natural or Relaxed?

natural :grin:

6 days ago -

I go every 2 weeks to get my twists/canerows redone - Usually cowash, DC, moisturize and put in a leave in before I go (and I use my own gel)

$15. If they wash then its abt $20

Did you love it? or not so much?:woot::woot::woot::woot:

I always love my styles, My stylist got mad canerowing skills. I usually just tell her the general idea of how I want my hair (mohawk, side sweep etc) and she freestyles a design while I sleep :grin:

I atatched some of the styles below
WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR WORST HAIR STYLIST VISIT "EVER"?????:swearing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:

abt 6 years ago (was relaxed @ the time) I tried out this salon beside my office (this was during a time when I was shopping around for a new stylist) and the assistant girl took out this beat up round brush to blow out my hair. I kinda gave it a side eye, but let it pass, but when she started using it and I could feel the chewed up bristles pulling at my hair and hear my strands pop I told her to stop, when I saw the brush covered with my hair I showed the salon owner and asked her if she had a better/new brush. Lady told me thats all she had so, I got up and left without paying.:nono:

Incidentally when I found my present salon (a couple months later), I kept thinking to myself that one of girls looked soooo familiar, turns out that she is the same assistant girl from the jacked up salon. But now she is like the best braider they have there (she specializes in braid extentions/locks/natural hair) - just goes to show that mentorship and proper tools/products/techniques make a HUGE difference :drunk:

Attachments

• IMG00311-20100424-2227.jpg
    IMG00311-20100424-2227.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 6
  • P5080877.jpg
    P5080877.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 6
  • P5210965.jpg
    P5210965.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 6
  • newhairjune7.jpg
    newhairjune7.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 6

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

R u Naturals or Relaxed?
Natural

When was the last time you actually visited a professional stylist at a hair salon?Friday before Mothers day weekend 2010, but then had to go back 3 wks later to correct their err.

colour/highlights, wash, blowfry, flatironed. $60

Hated it. Colour hardly showed, waste of money and more importantly MY TIME! Fought thru rush hour traffic to make it on time for my appointment, only to wait almost 2 hours before they started me anyway. Didn't leave the Salon until almost 11pm that night!

I have a few horror stories, but here's 2:
-Getting up in the wee hours of the morning to pump (had a newborn), rushing to my appointment, waited almost 2 hours the stylist never showed up.

-Getting my hair braided in the stylist's apartment, she put on a pot of water to dip my hair just before finishing the top of my head. Turns out she turned on the wrong burner with a pot of oil, ended up burning down the apartment. My hair was incomplete (y'a think lol!). Firefighters came and no one was hurt.

wtf!!! :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono: