Most/least expensive Salon Visit

melodee

Tell me what was the most money you ever paid to get your hair done? (Hair only, not including waxing,facials) And how about the cheapest salon visit?

Was it worth it?

i use to pay 1o dollars for a wash and rollerset.most ive paid is 25 for relaxer and rollerset

$110 for a touch-up/deep conditioner/blow-dry & curl
$15 for my old roommates BF to cornrow my hair w/ extensions.

$650 for a fusion weave. (yes at the time, no at the take down)
$35 for deep conditioning and style (yes, my hairdress likes to grow long hair so I don't mind going to her at all)

Wow Bree, I need to come to your salon $25!!

Ms. K
laugh.gif
@old roomates BF. No, seriously, he did a good job?

[ QUOTE ]
melodee said:
Wow Bree, I need to come to your salon $25!!

Ms. K
laugh.gif
@old roomates BF. No, seriously, he did a good job?

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
Sorry I should've clarifed by this BF I meant best friend...shoot if I knew a guy who could braid well for $15 I'd be there right now!
lachen70.gif

I paid $190-200 for latch hook braided extensions a couple of times in the late 90s. This was before I started getting only the cornrows done at the salon and latching in the extensions at home on my own. Each time the braider quoted a lower price over the phone and then raised the price once I was in the chair 1/2 styles and her fingers were tired. There will be no more of this.

I paid $22 + tip for a rollerset and blow out at a Dominican salon last fall. The blowdryer heat and the language barrier were too high, plus they tangled and ripped at my hair. That was my first and only chair hopping incident since I started getting my hair relaxed by my regular stylist.

$65 for wash, deep condition, cut, and some elaborate style I can't remember.
$20 for wash, rollerset, and blowout

180.00 for braids/weave. Yup it was worth it, no one's hair looked better than mine ... except for maybe the other girls who go to Kay and Oneika's
smirk.gif

$80 for individual braids

$25 for a sew in. It wasn't all over. Maybe about 4 or 5 tracks, and she styled it too...and did an excellent job might I add. Plus it was at a regular beauty salon. Now that was a lick!

I pay $75 for a haircut...it's worth it..she's really good..she's been written up in mags like Elle.. and when that show "The Real World" was in Chicago..it was her shop that they were going to.

For the cheapest..I would say it would be the girl who still does my highlights..but I don't let her cut my hair anymore.. I would say my haircut back then was $28? I don't remember.. I pay $45 only for highlights there.. I say only because she's in the burbs and not in Chicago.. the girl who cuts my hair..I think highlights start at $70..no way Jose' lol

Least - $15.00 for a wash, deep conditioning, roller set and styling (this was when I was still relaxed in the early 90's)

Most - $150.00 for long, pencil-width extension braids done with synthetic hair (Spring 1999)

[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:
I pay $75 for a haircut...it's worth it..she's really good..she's been written up in mags like Elle.. and when that show "The Real World" was in Chicago..it was her shop that they were going to.

For the cheapest..I would say it would be the girl who still does my highlights..but I don't let her cut my hair anymore.. I would say my haircut back then was $28? I don't remember.. I pay $45 only for highlights there.. I say only because she's in the burbs and not in Chicago.. the girl who cuts my hair..I think highlights start at $70..no way Jose' lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Who do you go to in the Chi?

For me:
$4.99 rollerset and wrap at costcutters
$160 color and all over highlights- see first picture in my fotki album

$125.00 at JC Pennys for wash, deep condition, press and curl and highlights

least expensive was a wash, condition, and press and curl for $35. That was when I was back home in Ohio. I like Jc Pennys better even though they charge more. I have a really good stylist who takes really good care of my hair
smile.gif

Okay..those that have braids.. I've never had them before..how long do they last? I can see they are expensive as all hell..lol so I'm curious as to how long they last..

[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:

For me:

[/ QUOTE ]

I go to a place near my house.. It's called Salon Blonde. You have really pretty hair Chaya!!! I see that you scrapbook eh? That's another shopping problem in itself..LOL
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:

For me:

[/ QUOTE ]

I go to a place near my house.. It's called Salon Blonde. You have really pretty hair Chaya!!! I see that you scrapbook eh? That's another shopping problem in itself..LOL
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the compliment!
Salon blonde huh? Is that out south?
Oh and to respond to that scrap book comment...man I can spend all day in a craft store! Dont get me on a scapbooking roll!

[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:
[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:

For me:

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the compliment!
Salon blonde huh? Is that out south?
Oh and to respond to that scrap book comment...man I can spend all day in a craft store! Dont get me on a scapbooking roll!

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me..you don't have to tell me about the scrapbooking thing.. believe me..I KNOW!! LOL I need to have insurance on my scrapbooking stuff, I've spent so much money over the years...lol Do you ever watch the scrapbook shows on QVC? LOL
smile.gif

No, it's up North.. I live in Wicker Park.. it's walking distance from me...on North Avenue.

And you are welcome.. you do have really pretty hair.. I did too before I had kids..LOL

Im telling you!!! Im so proud of my little scrapbook! Ive only done one but each page takes me between 1-2 hours! I like the wicker park area. Im looking for a place in the city and one of the areas that I am looking for is in Wicker Park!

LOL.. I hear that.. I have some pages that I spent hours on.. I actually haven't scrapped in like 2 years..My youngest is 2.. I've become more of a scrapbook supply connoisseur..LOL

I like it here alot! We have GREAT restaurants!! What area do you live in now?

$25 for a touch up (a a woman who worked out of her apartment in Brooklyn).
$200 for a relaxer, trim and a full head sew in weave(It was 2 inched below bra strap.

The most I've paid is $140 for braids with the hair included in that price.

My cousin is a beautician so she has done my hair for free. I think the least I have given her is $10 when I was a teenager but once I got older I started giving her more for her time.

Most expensive was around $80.00. It was expensive considering it was a ONLY wash and blowout (no trim, deep conditioner, etc). Cheapest, my recent first visit to a Dominican salon at $25.00. Whoo hoo!

And no, the blowout was no better than my usual $50.00 one.

Back