Law of Attraction/The Secret

Highly Favored8

Ex. 32 : 21 He said to Aaron, “What did these people do to you, that you led them into such great sin? 22 “Do not be angry, my lord,” Aaron answered. “You know how prone these people are to evil. 23 They said to me, ‘Make us gods who will go before us. As for this fellow Moses who brought us up out of Egypt, we don’t know what has happened to him.’ 24 So I told them, ‘Whoever has any gold jewelry, take it off.’ Then they gave me the gold, and I threw it into the fire, and out came this calf!”
25 Moses saw that the people were running wild and that Aaron had let them get out of control and so become a laughingstock to their enemies. 26 So he stood at the entrance to the camp and said, “Whoever is for the LORD, come to me.” And all the Levites rallied to him.

1Sam. 16 : 7 But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

Jos. 24 : 15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”

Mat. 6 : 24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

My answer : let the Holy Spirit be true.

So you are saying that Dollar, White, Dr.Trimm, Peale, Hagee, Meyer -- there is more I cannot list them all at this moment. These scriptures apply to them and their ministries that they serve.

ixoyegodisgood

^^ What you are doing is mixing light with darkness. The world does not want Christ. The fact that they don't want Christ should tell you something. The true Christians do not want what the world has to offer. If someone is falling prey, pray for them and tell them the truth. It should not be used to justify LOA.

You cannot serve too masters. You will either hate the one and love the other.

I respectfully disagree, but people amongst the same circles disagree. That is why we are all different. I am serving only one GOD, but nice try.

Again, we agree to disagree.

Rainbow Dash

Oh yeah Dr. Cindy Trimm wrote a book called "Commanding your Morning" she was on the Paula White show talking about the Law of Attraction -LOA and not only that she actually broke it down. Dr. Cindy Trimm is a woman of God-

Norman Vincent Peale was a Minister- Goodness Pastor John Haggee
Did a good sermon about how he was very young in minstry and he and his wife were looking for home and how he prayed and had a "vision" "picture" posted up of the exact house that God blessed him with.

Does it make it right or wrong-whether these men/ women of God use it or not who am I to judge.JMHO

Popular does not mean right before God. Gain does not always mean godliness.

5 useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself. 1 Timothy 6:3-5

Luke 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 2 Peter 2:1-2

Last edited:

Crown

So you are saying that Dollar, White, Dr.Trimm, Peale, Hagee, Meyer -- there is more I cannot list them all at this moment. These scriptures apply to them and their ministries that they serve.

Ps. 16 : 4 Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more. I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods or take up their names on my lips. 5 LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure.

Os. 2 : 17 I will remove the names of the Baals from her lips; no longer will their names be invoked.

Mat. 7 : 21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

I am saying : only HIM knows the heart.

I am saying : hear HIM !

Because we all will stand before the Throne to give account and receive rewards (or not).

Blessings!

Highly Favored8

Ps. 16 : 4 Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more. I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods or take up their names on my lips. 5 LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure.

Os. 2 : 17 I will remove the names of the Baals from her lips; no longer will their names be invoked.

Mat. 7 : 21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

I am saying : only HIM knows the heart.

I am saying : hear HIM !

Because we all will stand before the Throne to give account and receive rewards (or not).

Blessings!

Amen and Amen only God can Judge- This why in Psalms 143:2 Do not enter into judgement with Your servant, For in Your Sight no one living is righteous.

No one living is righteous no matter how "they" may think or feel.

We all hear God but do we really listen? Do we really I mean really listen to his word and are we truly doer's of His word.

Romans 3:10 As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one;Romans 3:23-for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Last edited:

ixoyegodisgood

You know what, I was going to leave this thread alone but I have to say something else. Unfortunately, unlike most the people in this thread, a lot of people in this country were not raised in Rockwellian type homes where everything was picture perfect and everyone was given the correct tools to handle and deal with life. Some people need extra help even AFTER they become christian. Trust me, if some ya'lls lives were so perfect, the last place you would toil your time away would be a message board. There are a lot of hurt people in this world and they have been hurt by, sadly other Christians.

Moreover I think, because past hurts, a lot of people need the extra help that positive affirmations, visualizations, and meditation offer. I believe that GOD puts a desire on everyone's heart that He wants to see fulfilled. However people have to dredge through so much garbage in this world that sometimes we need a little help outside of the bible. You can't fault anyone for that because WE ALL get help outside the bible when we eat, sleep or do anything outside of prayer and witnessing. Not every thing in our life is biblically in line. If writing down affirmations and and meditating on "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" is wrong than I will answer to GOD.

I like this video on Christian Meditation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSR_XMr7r-w

She described that, even after being a Christian for about 20 years, she was plagued with negative thoughts. One after another like someone was firing a machine gun. For some people, unfortunately, it is that bad.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
You know what, I was going to leave this thread alone but I have to say something else. Unfortunately, unlike most the people in this thread, a lot of people in this country were not raised in Rockwellian type homes where everything was picture perfect and everyone was given the correct tools to handle and deal with life. Some people need extra help even AFTER they become christian. Trust me, if some ya'lls lives were so perfect, the last place you would toil your time away would be a message board. There are a lot of hurt people in this world and they have been hurt by, sadly other Christians.

Moreover I think, because past hurts, a lot of people need the extra help that positive affirmations, visualizations, and meditation offer. I believe that GOD puts a desire on everyone's heart that He wants to see fulfilled. However people have to dredge through so much garbage in this world that sometimes we need a little help outside of the bible. You can't fault anyone for that because WE ALL get help outside the bible when we eat, sleep or do anything outside of prayer and witnessing. Not every thing in our life is biblically in line. If writing down affirmations and and meditating on "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" is wrong than I will answer to GOD.

Please don't take the warnings regarding The Secret or LOA as judgment upon anyone's life. I'm positive that many people who have written cautioning against it could write about things they've struggled with. Whether LOA or The Secret, or anything else, is of God or acceptable to Him doesn't have anything to do with any person in this thread.

Someone might need extra help, but whatever help we seek has to be based in something that glorifies the Lord. Not everything that looks positive or helpful actually is. There are many hidden spiritual snares and obstacles--Satan has many different "wiles" and we are instructed not to be ignorant of them. Those seeking help in their spiritual life should listen to those pointing out the snares and hidden pitfalls along the journey. There are believers who have already walked down that road and are telling you that it's a misleading path. If it is wisdom that someone is seeking, there are so many places to find it that will put a person in 10x a better position than LOA ever could.

There's an element of self-will in LOA and The Secret that is fundamentally at odds with Christian obedience. You can certainly get results following it, but you will be seeking and accomplishing your will, not that of the Lord. The Lord's work doesn't come about by thinking positively, it comes about by hearing His word, believing Him, and obeying it. LOA might help a Christian feel better about their life, but it won't make them more obedient or faithful to God, which is the heart of discipleship.

Are we fundamentally concerned about attaining the life that we have envisioned for ourselves, or are we fundamentally concerned with following Jesus to the Cross, and obeying to the death? Continually seeking after the visions that arise out of our own hearts will be a hindrance to hearing God's true voice and following His Spirit in our lives. Seek to simply obey God's word and be faithful to Him, and whatever blessings He has for you will definitely come to you. And they will be from Him and solely because of Him.

Last edited:

lala89

Please don't take the warnings regarding The Secret or LOA as judgment upon anyone's life. I'm positive that many people who have written cautioning against it could write about things they've struggled with. Whether LOA or The Secret, or anything else, is of God or acceptable to Him doesn't have anything to do with any person in this thread.

Someone might need extra help, but whatever help we seek has to be based in something that glorifies the Lord. Not everything that looks positive or helpful actually is. There are many hidden spiritual snares and obstacles--Satan has many different "wiles" and we are instructed not to be ignorant of them. Those seeking help in their spiritual life should listen to those pointing out the snares and hidden pitfalls along the journey. There are believers who have already walked down that road and are telling you that it's a misleading path. If it is wisdom that someone is seeking, there are so many places to find it that will put a person in 10x a better position than LOA ever could.

There's an element of self-will in LOA and The Secret that is fundamentally at odds with Christian obedience. You can certainly get results following it, but you will be seeking and accomplishing your will, not that of the Lord. The Lord's work doesn't come about by thinking positively, it comes about by hearing His word, believing Him, and obeying it. LOA might help a Christian feel better about their life, but it won't make them more obedient or faithful to God, which is the heart of discipleship.

Are we fundamentally concerned about attaining the life that we have envisioned for ourselves, or are we fundamentally concerned with following Jesus to the Cross, and obeying to the death? Continually seeking after the visions that arise out of our own hearts will be a hindrance to hearing God's true voice and following His Spirit in our lives. Seek to simply obey God's word and be faithful to Him, and whatever blessings He has for you will definitely come to you. And they will be from Him and solely because of Him.

Very well said and worth requoting:yep:.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

[ Nicola ]

Nicola, this is beautiful. :yep:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
“There is no one holy like the Lord.
There is no God but you;
there is no Rock like our God. "

----- 1 Samuel 2:2 NCV

The message?

There is no other God for those who love Him.

Those who 'Believe' HIM...

Those who choose Him above all other 'gods'.

There is.......

... no other God.

Crown

I like this video on Christian Meditation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSR_XMr7r-w

She described that, even after being a Christian for about 20 years, she was plagued with negative thoughts. One after another like someone was firing a machine gun. For some people, unfortunately, it is that bad.

Are you so sure ?
What is a perfect life ?
Is sharing the Word of GOD not a perfect life ?

LoveisYou

Thank you ladies sooooooooooo much for this thread. I was really involved in LOA, on some level I thought it was harmless, but I can't lie, I had a nagging unsettling feeling about it. I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father for opening my eyes, i got rid of all those books and prayed to God for forgiveness. This was right on time!

lilanie

I see the thesecret/LOA as bootleg, poisonous imitations of the principles of Bible. Why not go directly to the true source, God's Holy Word???

Reminds me of margarine - everyone got excited about it not being butter; only to find out it's a couple of molecules from plastic...

Please understand my strong statement is in direct relation to the danger of dabbling with ideologies such as these.

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Excellent analogy!

Reminds me of margarine - everyone got excited about it not being butter; only to find out it's a couple of molecules from plastic...

Please understand my strong statement is in direct relation to the danger of dabbling with ideologies such as these.